VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 8th, 2015 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post R.I.P.: Good Looking Blonde Star Trek Actress Dies

"Star Trek" actress Grace Lee Whitney — who played Janice Rand, yeoman to Captain Kirk — has died at age 85.

According to the Associated Press, Whitney died peacefully in her home in Coarsegold, California, on May 1.

"Condolences to the family of Grace," her co-star, William Shatner, who played Captain Kirk, post on Twitter. "She was a constant shining smile over the years every time our paths crossed."

Whitney was written off the original series (1966-1967) after eight episodes — and a harrowing sexual assault by a studio executive, which she describes in the opening of her 1998 autobiography, "The Longest Trek: My Tour of the Galaxy." In the years that followed, Whitney struggled with alcoholism. Her son, Jonathan Dweck, told the Associated Press that his mother would rather be remembered as a survivor of addiction than be remembered for her role in "Star Trek."

"Over time, she became appreciative of her short time on 'Star Trek' because she developed meaningful relationships with the fans, Leonard Nimoy and other cast members," Dweck told the Associated Press. Whitney partially credited Spock actor Nimoy — who died in February at age 83 — with helping her reboot her acting career in the late 1970s.

Whitney returned to the big screen in her role as Rand. She starred in "Star Trek: The Motion Picture," "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock," "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" and "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country." She was also in the "Flashback" episode of the "Voyager" TV series.

read full article at source: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...ey-dies-at-85/

Old May 8th, 2015 #2
john-connor
Banned

I saw her in an interview and she said got fired from star trek because she was white.She said she was still very bitter over it,and she when on to say America is ruined over P C.I was shocked how right wing she was and so was the guy doing the interview.

Old May 8th, 2015 #3
White Winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-connor View Post
I saw her in an interview and she said got fired from star trek because she was white.She said she was still very bitter over it,and she when on to say America is ruined over P C.I was shocked how right wing she was and so was the guy doing the interview.

Really? Was the interview on TV,magazine,newspaper,what?

She was a very average actress - as was every actor on that show ,IMO - but if she said that, she couldn't be all bad.

Old May 8th, 2015 #4
john-connor
Banned

In a later interview, she said of her termination from the series:

They wanted William Shatner to have romances in each episode with a different person, because for him to be stuck with one woman was not good for him and it wasn't good for the audience. That's what they told me, so I was written out. There were two blonde girls and one black girl. Nichelle was a more important character and couldn't be written out. Everything's political in America. One of the blondes had to go. The other one was engaged to the boss, so guess who went? I just about killed myself. I drank, that's what we do, we drink to get rid of pain. I was really mad. My God, was I bitter.[3]

Old May 8th, 2015 #5
Lorenz Kraus

Default Aliens Are Goodlooking

If aliens exist, and they have intelligence to get to earth, they wouldn't bother to see us primitives.

Plus, they probably run things so well, it wouldn't be worth it to go to other planets years on end sitting in a spaceship that sinks of plastic and ass.

Plus, they must be good looking.

Why would aliens be ugly? If could fix their defects and they wouldn't want to mingle with us.

They are probably racist, and don't want us on their spaceship, which is why they don't want contact with us.

To them, we are starving scum with hands out for rice.

I read an article that radiation is too strong for astronauts to make it to Mars. That's a limiter for aliens coming to us.

In the electric universe theory, many brown dwarfs can support life but the people on those planets wouldn't see the sky and stars because of interference. They wouldn't know to fly off their planet.

As to a natural theory of life's origins, try the Independent Birth of Life Theory. If it can happen in multitudes in a Cambrian Explosion, then this theory would be its basic approach.

http://www.mattox.com/genome/

Old May 9th, 2015 #6
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-connor View Post
In a later interview, she said of her termination from the series:

They wanted William Shatner to have romances in each episode with a different person, because for him to be stuck with one woman was not good for him and it wasn't good for the audience. That's what they told me, so I was written out. There were two blonde girls and one black girl. Nichelle was a more important character and couldn't be written out. Everything's political in America. One of the blondes had to go. The other one was engaged to the boss, so guess who went? I just about killed myself. I drank, that's what we do, we drink to get rid of pain. I was really mad. My God, was I bitter.[3]
And in the Star Trek universe, Yeoman Rand transferred off the Enterprise because she was too humiliated after the evil transporter-created duplicate of Capt. Kirk tried to rape her in The Enemy Within.

Too bad, I would rather have had Grace Lee Whitney stick around than Affirmative Blacktion hire Nichelle Nichols. But Gene Roddenberry was blazing a trail for die-versity on TV back in the 60s.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old May 9th, 2015 #7
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsFeed View Post
Whitney was written off the original series (1966-1967) after eight episodes — and a harrowing sexual assault by a studio executive
I wonder what the percent of jews on the studio's executive roster was in 1966?

I suspect 75% is a conservative estimate.

Thread