VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 9th, 2015 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Alcohol's Damaging Effects on the Brain

Difficulty walking, blurred vision, slurred speech, slowed reaction times, impaired memory: Clearly, alcohol affects the brain. Some of these impairments are detectable after only one or two drinks and quickly resolve when drinking stops. On the other hand, a person who drinks heavily over a long period of time may have brain deficits that persist well after he or she achieves sobriety. Exactly how alcohol affects the brain and the likelihood of reversing the impact of heavy drinking on the brain remain hot topics in alcohol research today.

We do know that heavy drinking may have extensive and far–reaching effects on the brain, ranging from simple “slips” in memory to permanent and debilitating conditions that require lifetime custodial care. And even moderate drinking leads to short–term impairment, as shown by extensive research on the impact of drinking on driving.

A number of factors influence how and to what extent alcohol affects the brain, including

- how much and how often a person drinks;

- the age at which he or she first began drinking, and how long he or she has been drinking;

- the person’s age, level of education, gender, genetic background, and family history of alcoholism;

- whether he or she is at risk as a result of prenatal alcohol exposure; and

- his or her general health status.

This Alcohol Alert reviews some common disorders associated with alcohol–related brain damage and the people at greatest risk for impairment. It looks at traditional as well as emerging therapies for the treatment and prevention of alcohol–related disorders and includes a brief look at the high–tech tools that are helping scientists to better understand the effects of alcohol on the brain.

Blackouts and Memory Lapses

Alcohol can produce detectable impairments in memory after only a few drinks and, as the amount of alcohol increases, so does the degree of impairment. Large quantities of alcohol, especially when consumed quickly and on an empty stomach, can produce a blackout, or an interval of time for which the intoxicated person cannot recall key details of events, or even entire events.

Blackouts are much more common among social drinkers than previously assumed and should be viewed as a potential consequence of acute intoxication regardless of age or whether the drinker is clinically dependent on alcohol. White and colleagues surveyed 772 college undergraduates about their experiences with blackouts and asked, “Have you ever awoken after a night of drinking not able to remember things that you did or places that you went?” Of the students who had ever consumed alcohol, 51 percent reported blacking out at some point in their lives, and 40 percent reported experiencing a blackout in the year before the survey. Of those who reported drinking in the 2 weeks before the survey, 9.4 percent said they blacked out during that time. The students reported learning later that they had participated in a wide range of potenti

----- snip -----

read full article at source: http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=33497

Old June 9th, 2015 #2
Roger Bannon

Getting drunk is at the top of the list as being one of the most unpleasant experiences. Dealing with hangovers negates any benefits that there may be in my opinion.

Old June 14th, 2015 #3
Lars Redoubt
Thomsonist-Frenzian

Alcohol is the one and only cause of the decline of the White race. Alcohol is the reason White men and women gladly and willingly are becoming slaves under the jew dictatorship and killing themselves through racemixing.

People who use alcohol to get intoxicated are like the proverbial frog in the kettle. They don't understand how they are slowly killing off their critical thinking and brainwash themselves.

NEVER trust a "White" man or woman who uses alcohol! They are worthless trash and potential traitors!

Old June 14th, 2015 #4
Lars Redoubt
Thomsonist-Frenzian

Incidentally, Thoreau, as I just mentioned in another post, writes this in Walden: "I would fain keep sober always... I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man; wine is not so noble a liquor... Of all ebriosity, who does not prefer to be intoxicated by the air he breathes?"

Old September 29th, 2015 #5
Dan_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Redoubt View Post

NEVER trust a "White" man or woman who uses alcohol! They are worthless trash and potential traitors!
This is the truth. I've seen far too many White men and women's lives damn near destroyed from binge drinking and drinking because of depression. Including my own. Quitting drinking is probably the smartest thing I could do for myself.

Old October 7th, 2015 #6
Hiles Bro
Banned

I must be lucky in that I do not find an occasional beer addictive. But I only drink beer for its bitter flavor, another reason I like coffee. Anything stronger than a buzz is unpleasant and it can often take me over a month to consume an entire 6 pack. Liquor I have no taste for, spirits are basically concentrated poison. Good inexpensive red wine that doesn't come with a headache is hard to come by.

Oddly I also play better chess after drinking 2 beers, even got up close to 1900 on ChessCube when it was still free chess without any opening memorization (I'm not willing to commit time to do so). It used to be a great place to play FRC960 before it became a paysite.

Water is good too. The only thing I used to drink but now avoid is fruit juice, way too much sugar and too fast for me.

Last edited by Hiles Bro; October 7th, 2015 at 10:42 PM.

Old October 9th, 2015 #7
John Adams
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Redoubt View Post
Alcohol is the one and only cause of the decline of the White race. Alcohol is the reason White men and women gladly and willingly are becoming slaves under the jew dictatorship and killing themselves through racemixing.

People who use alcohol to get intoxicated are like the proverbial frog in the kettle. They don't understand how they are slowly killing off their critical thinking and brainwash themselves.

So you regard the majority of the White race and possibly a large number of the forum members as being worthless trash. You really are a fucking wanker, keep your bullshit to yourself. Who the fuck are you to judge us for enjoying a drink

Old October 9th, 2015 #8
Dan_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
So you regard the majority of the White race and possibly a large number of the forum members as being worthless trash. You really are a fucking wanker, keep your bullshit to yourself. Who the fuck are you to judge us for enjoying a drink
I don't think he's referring to people like you who can enjoy a drink or two and still maintain a normal lifestyle. I think he means people like me who used to self medicate depression with alcohol and go on binges that lead to blackout drinking. Until I figured out other ways to get over my depression and anxiety, I was unable to keep a job, relationship, or anything else that you need a clear head for.

Old December 2nd, 2016 #9
Thaddeus Martell

According to my information, a substance called "Baclofen" can break almost all sorts of addictions, Dr. Ameisen wrote a german book about it called "Das Ende meiner Sucht" ("The end of my addiction"). This information might be important for anyone suffering from alcohol addiction.

Thread