VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 18th, 2009 #81
Duke Mitchell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Parker View Post
Government kwaps used to keep niggers out of white neighborhoods.

Those were Covenants, not Government Cops.

Old September 18th, 2009 #82
Rick Ronsavelle

"And how exactly do unions steal from workers? I want details."

I said steal from non-union workers. That shows your interest in details.

I am going to write a major piece on this. For now, briefly:

Unions use monopoly privileges to limit the number of workers in a certain industry. Workers who cannot find jobs in this industry go elsewhere, increasing the supply of labor in the non-union job market. This reduces the wages of the non-union workers, by the amount wages are increased in the union area. This reduction in wages is the stealing from the non-union workers. The government plays the role of Soprano.

If the the pro-union laws went away, wages of unions would fall, while wages of non-union workers would rise.

Old September 18th, 2009 #83
Steve B
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Ronsavelle View Post

If the the pro-union laws went away, wages of unions would fall, while wages of non-union workers would rise.
Union membership has been falling for the past 20 years. Have you noticed any rise in the pay of non union workers in that time?

Dummy.

Old September 18th, 2009 #84
Duke Mitchell
Banned

You are basically saying that the government should outlaw Unions so that minimum wage workers can get a little more because big business wont have to take their money to pay a living wage to Union members.

Here is an idea, why don't those workers who are "being stolen from"......start a Union?

Novel idea, right?

(and I find it fascinating you believe that big business will pay more money to its workers if there is a law outlawing Unions)

Old September 18th, 2009 #85
richyrichard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Ronsavelle View Post
"And how exactly do unions steal from workers? I want details."

I said steal from non-union workers. That shows your interest in details.

I am going to write a major piece on this. For now, briefly:

Unions use monopoly privileges to limit the number of workers in a certain industry. Workers who cannot find jobs in this industry go elsewhere, increasing the supply of labor in the non-union job market. This reduces the wages of the non-union workers, by the amount wages are increased in the union area. This reduction in wages is the stealing from the non-union workers. The government plays the role of Soprano.

How do you see minimum wage laws and unemployment compensation playing into this?

When there is full production by business, there is full employment. When there is full employment, business must compete for limited labor. This usually results in higher wages for workers. When the big, ugly, hairy, tax monster comes in and taxes corporate America at $1 trillion dollars per year, this results in a reduction in production, subsequent unemployment, a surplus of labor, and then labor must compete for limited jobs, resulting in lower wages. This is economic law. To fix this situation that the government has caused by excessive taxation, the government passes a law mandating a minumum wage and further taxes business to pay for unemployment compensation. If business can't pay the mandated minimum wage, they simply don't hire. All of this is caused by the government, not the unions.

Usually, when Unions go after big business, its when production is up, employment is up, but big business still won't increase wages. So Unions demand it. This happens because its not a perfect world with perfect people and therefore Ludwig von Miser's free market elixer doesn't work!

Workers unite! You have nothing to loose but your chains!

Sieg Heil!

Last edited by richyrichard; September 18th, 2009 at 07:37 PM.

Tags
libertarianism is jewish

Thread