VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 26th, 2015 #1
Ian Smith son

Default The Avengers star Patrick Macnee dies at 93

Quote:
The dapper actor who played secret agent John Steed from the long-running 1960s TV series The Avengers, Patrick Macnee, died at 93. The British-born actor died Thursday of natural causes with his family at his bedside in Rancho Mirage, his son Rupert said in a statement.

The clever spy drama, which began in 1961 in Britain, debuted in the United States in 1966. It ran for eight seasons and continued in syndication for decades afterward.
The Avengers star Patrick Macnee dies at 93

Old June 26th, 2015 #2
Zander

Good innings.

Old July 8th, 2015 #3
Susan

I didn't hear of his death until reading this. Needless to say, The Avengers was a staple TV show in our house. That show would never make it these days... too subtle and understated.

This reminds me though.. I've got to buy this DVD collection.

Old July 9th, 2015 #4
Ray Allan

When I was a kid in the early 70s, Channel 44 from San Francisco used to air The Avengers re-runs every weeknight at 8 o'clock after the Hogan's Heroes Hour.

I also remember Patrick Macnee as Count Iblis in the Battlestar Galactica episode 'Lost Planet of the Gods'.

I admit I liked Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in her skintight bodysuit. However, Uma Thurman in the movie remake was even sexier.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old July 9th, 2015 #5
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I didn't hear of his death until reading this. Needless to say, The Avengers was a staple TV show in our house. That show would never make it these days... too subtle and understated...
Those Brit productions were high caliber, compared to what was offered from the other side of the pond, despite McNee's somewhat queenie role. I wonder how Kwan television would have turned out, if television production were to reflect contemporary demographic proportions, instead.

Thread