Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe + > United Kingdom
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old October 29th, 2012 #1
Bev
drinking tea

Default #1 30m Bulgarians and Romanians are set to gain unrestricted access to UK as EU regulations are lifted

Quote:
British jobs could be at risk when nearly 30 million Bulgarians and Romanians gain the right to live and work unrestricted in the UK from 2014.

Experts are warning of a 'significant spike' of newcomers when limitations on coming to Britain, which have been imposed on the citizens of the two countries by the European Union, are lifted at the end of next year.

They believe the numbers will be higher than those seen after Poland and seven other eastern European countries were given the same rights in 2004 because of the fragile state of economies on the continent.

Home Secretary Theresa May has indicated support for an end to free movement of EU workers - but Britain cannot stop the restrictions being lifted without tearing up the treaty signed with Bulgaria and Romania when they joined the EU in 2007.

The Government has not made official predictions of how many Bulgarians and Romanians will move here and critics say this is because it grossly underestimated the numbers in 2004.

It predicted less than 20,000 would arrive but Office for National Statistics figures show more than 600,000 were working in Britain last year.

A report by the Coalition's Migration Advisory Committee has highlighted fears that the British jobs market will suffer 'adverse' effects.

Cambridge University emeritus economics professor, Robert Rowthorn, explained around one million eastern Europeans moved to Britain in 2004 and said net migration is around 40,000 a year.

He told The Sunday Telegraph: 'I imagine a similar pattern will be repeated with Romania and Bulgaria, although the transitional controls have perhaps taken the edge off somewhat.'

MigrationWatch UK director, Sir Andrew Green, said Britain has taken far more eastern European migrants than any other country and called for a delay in the lifting of restrictions.

He added: 'I think there could be a significant spike from Romania and Bulgaria, particularly as the economies in other parts of the EU are suffering serious difficulties.

'Neither Spain nor Italy are a good bet at the moment if you’re looking for a job. I think we need a further five year extension of the transitional arrangements.'

Figures show nearly 40,000 Bulgarians and Romanians moved to the UK last year, with more than 130,000 living in Britain - where the GDP per capita is nearly four times higher.

An investigation by The Sunday Telegraph revealed that loopholes allowed 50,000 east Europeans to get jobs they should have been restricted from by declaring themselves 'self-employed'.

These included hotel and restaurant workers, sales staff, tax-drivers and lap-dancers - with many thousands of such jobs being advertised in the two countries.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224386/Fears-new-immigration-surge-Bulgarians-Romanians-Britain-borders-open.html

We can get you out of this, Call-me-Dave. Just say the word - you know, "referendum". That word.

Old October 29th, 2012 #2
andy

To my certain knowledge London has been swamped by rumanian and bulgarian gyppos for a decade.Most of them are crypto mudslims washing their feet in hand basins on introduction they often claim to be Poles.Should you make the mistake of engaging them in conversation like the coolies and bantu of the 70's they will claim that back in their own country they are Doctors,Lawyers and generals.
I posted here how I had encountered some in 2007 that had come here from the US where pickings were thin .

Chase them into the swamps

Old October 29th, 2012 #3
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
To my certain knowledge London has been swamped by rumanian and bulgarian gyppos for a decade.Most of them are crypto mudslims washing their feet in hand basins on introduction they often claim to be Poles.Should you make the mistake of engaging them in conversation like the coolies and bantu of the 70's they will claim that back in their own country they are Doctors,Lawyers and generals.
I posted here how I had encountered some in 2007 that had come here from the US where pickings were thin .
Yes, all those swarthy skinned, black-eyed Poles. The first "Latvian" (circa. 2006) I encountered looked exactly the same but I never did work out the deal behind that one.

Here the Israelis explain how it works for them:

Quote:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...243495,00.html

The numbers also show that the demand for a Polish passport, which can open the door to other countries and other possibilities, is rapidly increasing. From 2006-2010, the number of Israelis who obtained Polish passports increased fourfold.

Unlike other European countries, applicants seeking Polish citizenship are not required to speak the language in order to receive a passport. Indeed, 95% of the Israeli applicants do not speak Polish.

According to the Polish Embassy, 25% of the applicants are second-generation Polish citizens while 55% are third-generation. Most applicants admit that they do not seek to immigrate to Warsaw, but hope to become citizens of the EU.

Old October 29th, 2012 #4
andy

In the case of rumanians under cheaucheskoo they could get exit visas to the west if they were jews or mudslims by claiming religious necessity.From the baltic states ethnic Russians or people with Russian nationality can claim a visa for the UK as an oppressed minority.

Old January 13th, 2013 #5
Bev
drinking tea

Default Pickles: We don't know how many will come from Bulgaria/Romania

Quote:
An wave of migrants from Romania and Bulgaria will put further pressure on the UK's already strained housing stock, a Cabinet minister claimed today.

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles said the expected 'influx' of Eastern Europeans 'will cause problems' when temporary restrictions end in December this year.

He refused to say how many migrant workers were expected to arrive from the two countries, but claimed they could increase pressure both the private and social housing markets.

'It’s going to cause problems not just in terms of the housing market but also on social housing market,' Mr Pickles told the BBC's Sunday Politics programme.

MPs have previously warned that up to 300,000 migrants from Romania and Bulgaria could move to these shores when current restrictions expire on December 31 this year.

But in a Westminster Hall debate earlier this month, Tory MP Philip Hollobone went further, claiming the number of Romanians and Bulgarians in the UK could jump from 155,000 to 425,000.

He based his estimates on shocking figures which showed the number of Eastern Europeans already living in Britain is equal to 1.5 per cent of the population of their homelands.

The astonishing revelation effectively means that one in every 67 citizens of eight former communist nations has moved here.

Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia and Estonia all joined the EU in 2004 – giving them unrestricted access to the UK’s labour market.

Since then, the number of immigrants from these ‘A8’ nations, which have 73million people between them, has rocketed from just 94,000 to 1,079,000.

Romanians and Bulgarians will also get free access to the UK jobs market from the end of this year when temporary restrictions are lifted.

However, Mr Pickles today said he is not yet 'absolutely confident' about estimates he has been given of the probable number of migrants expected to arrive from the two countries.

'I need to be sure about the figures before I make a pubic pronouncement,' Mr Pickles was quoted as saying by the Telegraph. 'I've been given a figure, I’m not confident on the figure. Until I’m confident on a figure I’m not going to quote a figure.'

Mr Pickles's comments came after Housing Minister Nick Boles claimed two million acres of British countryside would have to be developed to solve Britain's housing crisis - with half the demand coming from migrants.

European 'freedom of movement' rules will from 2014 give 29million Bulgarians and Romanians the right to live and work in Britain.

Forecasters believe it will lead to a significant number of new arrivals, similar to the flood of migrants from Poland and other Eastern European countries after they gained the same rights in 2004.

The numbers of migrant workers arriving in the UK is likely to be increased by the economic problems affecting the rest of Europe, it has been claimed.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2261705/UKs-strained-housing-market-face-pressure-wave-Bulgarian-Romanian-migrants-minister-claims.html

Referendum, Dave. We'll get you out of this.

Last edited by Bev; January 13th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Old January 13th, 2013 #6
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post

Referendum, Dave. We'll get you out of this.
What's it to you I thought you was a slavophilliac ?

Old January 13th, 2013 #7
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

Onnly 400,000? Out of 30 million, many living in actual poverty, I expect more than that will come here.

Old January 13th, 2013 #8
andy

I have just seen this bloated bumptious blighter pickles on tv, how is it possible such an obviously unhealthy slob like that can have a government ministry in an advanced western nation ?

Old January 13th, 2013 #9
Englisc
Amor Patriae Nostra Lex

Quote:
Neither are Slavs- okay, Bulgarians are Slavic linguistically, but are often not seen so ethnically.

I don't see Slavs as being of the same stock as us or as good as nation building as we are, even before communism. I don't hate them but they have no deserved one-way ticket to this country.

Old January 13th, 2013 #10
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Just because I have no objection to the general existence of Poles, Russians, Serbs or any other white people does not mean I am a slavophiliac. I have consistently said that whilst Britain is full and under huge economic, health and housing pressure, we should not let ANYBODY in on a permanent basis but if we have to let people in, I would much rather it be people from Europe whose culture is at least similar to our own. Boiled cabbage and clean feet included.

Old January 13th, 2013 #11
andy

Quote:
Just because I have no objection to the general existence of Poles, Russians, Serbs or any other white people does not mean I am a slavophiliac. I have consistently said that whilst Britain is full and under huge economic, health and housing pressure, we should not let ANYBODY in on a permanent basis but if we have to let people in, I would much rather it be people from Europe whose culture is at least similar to our own. Boiled cabbage and clean feet included.
Hopefully half a million or so will pitch up on your doorstep and then you can tell us how you are getting on smiling and nodding and embracing these bestial savages.You could call each other brother and sister perhaps link hands and sing songs from hair and congratulate each other on your equality

Old January 14th, 2013 #12
fyc
fine young casuals

sooner or later someone in power is going to have to stop it or start creating tent cities for the vermin

Old January 14th, 2013 #13
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Hopefully half a million or so will pitch up on your doorstep and then you can tell us how you are getting on smiling and nodding and embracing these bestial savages.You could call each other brother and sister perhaps link hands and sing songs from hair and congratulate each other on your equality
I heartily doubt it - this town is not attractive to them. No housing, no amenities, no real industries any more. But if they did - then it would still be better than seeing the field or the woods commandeered for a newly-in-demand mosque or synagogue or religious slaughter abattoir such as has happened over the rest of the country with little or no opposition from the locals.

Old January 15th, 2013 #14
Dimitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englisc View Post
Neither are Slavs- okay, Bulgarians are Slavic linguistically, but are often not seen so ethnically.

I don't see Slavs as being of the same stock as us or as good as nation building as we are, even before communism. I don't hate them but they have no deserved one-way ticket to this country.
BUlgarians are Slavic, the first Slavic empire, the first Slavic literature, the first written Slavic language - Old church Slavonic.
Bulgarians are South Slavs and genetically http://i55.tinypic.com/2814dxi.png
Anyway Most of the 'Bulgarians" who will go to the the UK are just regular types of Gypsy scum who will exploit your Social system.
I have no complains

Old January 15th, 2013 #15
andy

I note the court has given the slob pickles any easy victory in regard to the wearing of a crucifix

Old January 16th, 2013 #16
fyc
fine young casuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
BUlgarians are Slavic, the first Slavic empire, the first Slavic literature, the first written Slavic language - Old church Slavonic.
Bulgarians are South Slavs and genetically http://i55.tinypic.com/2814dxi.png
Anyway Most of the 'Bulgarians" who will go to the the UK are just regular types of Gypsy scum who will exploit your Social system.
I have no complains
i do, they shouldnt be in your country, LET ALONE MINE

Old January 16th, 2013 #17
Dimitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyc View Post
i do, they shouldnt be in your country, LET ALONE MINE
I agree they shouldn't. The Gypsies are pan-European problem that needs to be solved fast. Sterelization, working camps, mass deportation to India or killings - preferbly the ones. Of course this is unthinkable in Jew controlled EU and national states, but hopefully our time will come soon

Old January 27th, 2013 #18
Bev
drinking tea

Default Thousands of Bulgarians and Romanians 'plan to flood UK in 2014' as employment restrictions relax

Quote:
Hordes of Romanians and Bulgarians are already preparing to head for Britain in search of work, according to a Mail on Sunday investigation.

Employment restrictions will be relaxed on December 31, and the UK will throw open its Jobcentres and benefit offices to what pressure group Migration Watch predicts could be as many as 70,000 people a year for the next five years.

The Government refuses to reveal its own estimates and the authorities in Romania and Bulgaria are sceptical of Migration Watch figures, but have not compiled their own.

Flying the flag: The Best Opportunity Agency in Bucharest is expected to help Romanians travel to Britain

However, our research in the EU’s two poorest countries found plenty of migrants among their combined populations of 29 million waiting for the chance to travel to Britain.

As soon as they find a job, they will also become eligible for a raft of income-related benefits far more generous than anything on offer in their home countries.

Access to welfare payments in Britain is easier than in either Germany or France, which will be relaxing work restrictions at the same time.

One job agency in Bucharest told our undercover reporter it already has hundreds registering for work in the UK from 2014 and the waiting list is so long they are no longer accepting applications.

Posing as a jobseeker, the Romanian reporter was told there was no point in even putting her name on a waiting list to travel to the UK in 2014 because of the huge numbers of her compatriots who had already applied.

Bosses at two other Romanian work-placement companies said they expected to send record numbers to Britain when open access is granted to the jobs market in the New Year.

The reporter approached three Romanian employment agencies stating she was an unemployed graduate who was struggling to find work in Romania and was keen to take advantage of the change in the law and move to Britain.

At the Albatross Travel agency’s offices in north-west Bucharest, a staff member told her the firm routinely arranged coach-loads of migrants to be driven to Britain to take up jobs on farms.

But the agent added: ‘We have so many people who want to travel to Britain in 2014 because of the lifting of the work permit restriction, there is no point in even putting you on the waiting list.’

An agent for Blue Mountain Recruitment in Bacau, north-eastern Romania, said there were likely to be large numbers of British job opportunities if she returned later in the year.

‘Currently it’s very hard to find a job without a contract,’ he said. ‘But in 2014 that will change and we’re hoping to send many more people than we have before.’

Tatiana Geogea, director of Best Opportunity in northern Bucharest, expects her company to help at least 1,000 Romanians travel to Britain next year – the company’s previous record was 700 people in a year.

‘There is little doubt the numbers will increase,’ she said. ‘I just don’t think the English are willing to pick strawberries on a farm. Romanians have a terrific work ethic.’

Across the Danube in the Zhenski Pazar market in Sofia, Bulgaria, virtually everyone we spoke to said they would come to Britain.

‘I would love to go there and next year I will take my family,’ said Roma cigarette vendor Plamen Aljoshev, a 53-year-old father of two.

Slavka Mitova, 29, a mother of two who runs a butcher’s shop in Sofia, said: ‘There is no future here. The young people should go to England and make money.’

Why England? ‘Partly because of the language – young people are speaking some English,’ she said, ‘but your country has a reputation for fairness and treating people well.’

While the minimum wage in the UK is £6.19 per hour, in Bulgaria it is just 73p. Romania is not much better at 79p.

Meanwhile, the average weekly wage in Bulgaria is £63.50 and £86 in Romania.

The only state benefit available in either country is child benefit, which is £3.50 per child per week in Bulgaria and £3.69 in Romania. In Britain, a single person can claim up to £71 a week in jobseekers’ allowance and a couple can claim £111. Housing benefit varies depending on local authorities. Child benefit adds another £20.30 a week for the first child and £13.40 for each one after that.

The Department of Work and Pensions confirmed to The Mail on Sunday that visitors from the European Economic Area who demonstrate that they ‘have or retain worker status may be able to claim income-based jobseekers’ allowance, income support, housing benefit, council tax benefit, income-related employment and support allowance, and state pension credit’.

‘We are obliged under EU law to pay some income-related benefits to EEA workers, self-employed people and jobseekers,’ said a spokesman.

From January 1, 2014 that will also include the Bulgarians and Romanians.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2268952/Thousands-Bulgarians-Romanians-plan-flood-UK-2014-employment-restrictions-relax.html

More codswallop from the DM. Why, in the story about white flight, Call-Me says that he is reducing immigration to the tens of thousands instead of the hundreds of thousands. Call-Me wouldn't lie, would he?

Old January 27th, 2013 #19
andy

Quote:

More codswallop from the DM. Why, in the story about white flight, Call-Me says that he is reducing immigration to the tens of thousands instead of the hundreds of thousands. Call-Me wouldn't lie, would he?
I have been encountering bulgarians and romanians since for at least two decades.I related here how some of romanian nationality had relocated from the US to here so that they could steal more easily. Of course none of this should bother British nationalists as it has been claimed here and at similar forums that they are kith and kin to be embraced as brothers made welcome and set off fireworks at remembrance marches.

Old January 27th, 2013 #20
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
I have been encountering bulgarians and romanians since for at least two decades.I related here how some of romanian nationality had relocated from the US to here so that they could steal more easily. Of course none of this should bother British nationalists as it has been claimed here and at similar forums that they are kith and kin to be embraced as brothers made welcome and set off fireworks at remembrance marches.
I don't think anyone has said that. I think the usual opinion is that we cannot afford, not from a housing, economic, services or cultural point of view to take any more immigrants in and that it's nothing personal against other white nations.

Tags
#1 thread, bulgaria, immigration, romania

Thread