VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > This Just In
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old November 27th, 2011 #61
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Old November 27th, 2011 #62
Fred O'Malley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
I've mentioned elsewhere what I think of Paul. Of those seriously running, his platform is by far the best, though he's not a WN by a long-shot.
I believe you're making blind statements about things you can't possibly support. There is definitely support for his being a WN, seek and ye shall find.

Here you go: https://www.google.com/search?q=ron+...ient=firefox-a

Old November 27th, 2011 #63
Armstrong
Banned

Ron Paul a Threat to Corporate Interests

Old December 4th, 2011 #64
Kennewickman
Banned

Ron Paul is the man the media could easily turn into a winner with a giant landslide and they will do the exact opposite.

The introduction of Donald Trump into the process will be the first major step toward the elimination of Ron Paul from the list of candidates. The sooner all realize that a full takeover of either party is impossible the better off we are. I still state; it is simply naïve to believe that Ron Paul will be allowed to ride into D.C. and take down the syphilis ridden establishment with a ballpoint pen.

“America's Kennedy-Nixon debates in 1960 moved debates to the tiptop event on television. Political observers were surprised when Richard Nixon accepted John Kennedy's challenge to a series of four joint TV appearances. Although Nixon considered himself the superior communicator, it was Kennedy who approached the debates more seriously, preparing for the events with long hours of study and intense practice sessions with aides. Kennedy even made sure he had a good tan before the first debate, so that he would not look pale on camera. In the end, John F. Kennedy prevailed as the clear winner, proving the power of live debates. So frightening was this lesson that another 16 years would pass before the American debate tradition resumed with Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter.

Ron Paul to Donald Trump: You're Fired! The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign released the following statement concerning the selection of Donald Trump as moderator for the December 27th Republican debate to be held in Iowa:

"The Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee rejects the selection of Donald Trump as moderator for the Republican presidential debate to be held on December 27th.

We have conferred with our Iowa campaign chairman Drew Ivers and vice-chairmen David Fischer and A.J. Spiker who are all RPI State Central Committee Members, and they concur with this decision.

The selection of a reality television personality to host a presidential debate that voters nationwide will be watching is beneath the office of the Presidency and flies in the face of that office's history and dignity. Mr. Trump's participation as moderator will distract from questions and answers concerning important issues such as the national economy, crushing federal government debt, the role of the federal government, foreign policy, and the like. To be sure, Mr. Trump's participation will contribute to an unwanted circus-like atmosphere.

Mr. Trump's selection is also wildly inappropriate because of his record of toying with the serious decision of whether to compete for our nation's highest office, a decision he appeared to make frivolously.

The short-lived elevation of Mr. Trump's stature as a candidate put him on the radar of many organizations and we recall that last spring he was invited to keynote the Republican Party of Iowa's annual Reagan Dinner, yet at the last minute he left RPI holding the bag by canceling. In turn, RPI canceled its biggest fundraising gala of the year and suffered embarrassment and in addition RPI was required to engage in refunding measures. Our candidate will not even consider participating in the late-December debate until Mr. Trump publicly apologizes to Iowa party leaders and rectifies in full the situation.

Therefore our candidate Ron Paul, the champion of the Constitution, has advised he will not attend."

Donald Trump responds:

"As I said in the past and will reiterate again, Ron Paul has a zero chance of winning either the nomination or the Presidency.

My poll numbers were substantially higher than any of his poll numbers, at any time, and when I decided not to run, due to the equal time provisions concerning my hit show The Apprentice, I was leading the Republican field (see Meet The Press on the Sunday prior to my Monday announcement at the NBC upfronts).

Few people take Ron Paul seriously and many of his views and presentation make him a clown-like candidate. I am glad he and Jon Huntsman, who has inconsequential poll numbers or a chance of winning, will not be attending the debate and wasting the time of the viewers who are trying very hard to make a very important decision.

Why is a person who has built a more than 7 billion dollar net worth, with more than 270 million dollars in cash (as per the financial disclosure statement which summary pages are reported in my book being released this Monday "Time To Get Tough") not the right person to lead this country out of economic chaos or at least to moderate a debate. I would like to see how Ron Paul would fair in the world of big business."

Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton responds:

"If Trump wants to be taken seriously by Republicans, he needs to quit Celebrity Apprentice and apologize to the Iowa GOP. If he gets his act together, President Paul might consider getting his advice on fixing our country's financial situation. We understand Donald has a lot of experience with bankruptcy."

Public support for democracy is a sensitive resource. If you convince people that they can follow an election on TV without ever having to take part, it will be difficult to win them back. Kleptocrats claim the people are well represented in parliament. But this is an illusion, because those who never vote are not included. The real number of citizens who feel represented in government grows smaller all the time, and this is the main byproduct of kleptocracy.

A rationally ignorant voter is a voter who deems it to be in his interest not to stay informed. Since learning the various candidates' positions on a host of issues is costly and the chances of an election turning on a single voter's ballot are miniscule, many voters rationally choose not to be very informed about the issues.

When one couples this with the argument that public opinion generally favors policies that not only make voters feel good or moral or more patriotic, but also make for policy outcomes that most economists and more educated voters view as pernicious, it is hard to feel much confidence in the policy that is generated in a democracy. From this perspective, politicians who seek to be re-elected are justified in supplying voters with the policies they want even though they are unsound.”

http://venitism.blogspot.com

Last edited by Kennewickman; December 5th, 2011 at 12:06 AM.

Old December 5th, 2011 #65
Fred O'Malley
Banned

What can a president change without congressional approval?

As commander in chief, he can order the troops home. And, he would.

He can recall all previous executive orders of previous presidents, like FEMA.

He can order the military to defend our borders.

He can order the justice department to judge cases fairly without regard for race.

He can disband TSA.

He can end cabinet positions, such as energy, education, etc.

He can veto any unconstitutional legislation and direct justice not to prosecute under unconstitutional laws.

He can dismember the DHS and/or direct them to coordinate all investigations with local sheriffs. Also order them not to directly arrest any U.S. citizen.

He can order the military not to arrest U.S. citizens.

There are many other things he can do without congress.

Old December 5th, 2011 #66
Kennewickman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred O'Malley View Post
What can a president change without congressional approval?

As commander in chief, he can order the troops home. And, he would.

He can recall all previous executive orders of previous presidents, like FEMA.

He can order the military to defend our borders.

He can order the justice department to judge cases fairly without regard for race.

He can disband TSA.

He can end cabinet positions, such as energy, education, etc.

He can veto any unconstitutional legislation and direct justice not to prosecute under unconstitutional laws.

He can dismember the DHS and/or direct them to coordinate all investigations with local sheriffs. Also order them not to directly arrest any U.S. citizen.

He can order the military not to arrest U.S. citizens.

There are many other things he can do without congress.
And above all else he can finish off the miserable existence of the Federal Reserve on his first day in office.

Tags
jackals parasites, live, ron paul

Thread