Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 23rd, 2010 #341
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

From the jailhouse phone conversation between Steele and his son:
  • The Attorney General office is contacting Steele’s wife directly. Steele is adamant that this means the highest levels of he U.S. government are involved and out to frame him.
  • The Ukrainian girlfriend seems to be related to a case Steele is working on? His son seemed to be aware of the case?
  • Steele’s wife went into hiding on her own accord. Son states that she reasoned and she feared who ever was setting Steele up may try to go for her.
  • Steele claims that the government does not plan to have the recording authenticated by professionals. He claims the government will use Steele’s wife opinion in court.

From the jailhouse phone conversation between Steele and his wife:
  • He tells his wife he does not want her staying at their house and he does not want to know where she is staying so the government cannot harm her and claim he was responsible.

Currently experiencing technical difficulty ...
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #342
OTPTT
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC View Post
See U.S. + "preponderance of evidence" and that it is meant to be punitive AFTER a conviction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asset_forfeiture
Preponderance of the evidence is a civil standard. Beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard the prosecution is supposed to meet in a criminal trial. It appears they are stacking the deck against Steele.

To seize assets, there must be some statutory authority allowing the seizure, and Steele must be accorded his Right of Due Process. Of course, we all know how the government operates.
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #343
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Silver Seizure

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
Preponderance of the evidence is a civil standard. Beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard the prosecution is supposed to meet in a criminal trial. It appears they are stacking the deck against Steele.

To seize assets, there must be some statutory authority allowing the seizure, and Steele must be accorded his Right of Due Process. Of course, we all know how the government operates.
The government could have seized his silver stash as evidence that it was part of the crime. Supposedly $10,000 in silver, whatever that means, was paid to Fairfax. By the same logic, they could have seized whatever cash was in the house because cash was supposedly given to Fairfax.
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #344
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

The interesting point about the $10,000 in silver is that was not mentioned in the early reported and does not seem to have been referenced in the government charges against Steele. Why do the charges against Steele state in the recorded conversations with Fairfax the $500/$400 travel expenses was reference the $25,000 post hit pay off and the $100,000 thousand post off after the insurance policy paid off?

It seems that the $10,000 in silver coins only became public after the bombs were discovered. Why would Steele not have mentioned this in the recording? It seem what likely happened was that after the bombs were found, the FBI said to Fairfax, you better right now tell use everything else and if there are any more surprises you will not get a special treatment.

If the FBI manufactured the recording and did not know about the $10,000 in silver coins then the could not have included this in the recordings. But then there is still a need to explain why Steele gave Fairfax $10,000 in silver coins.
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #345
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Husband Wife Privilege

Steele is correct that the tape between him and his wife cannot be used in court without her permission. He could have done a better job in not setting himself up for coercing a witness. The doll for his Ukranian girl friend is a new angle in the case. Steele sounds like that his brain is working quite well however.
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #346
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

Given that I could not get through the complete recording ...

Steele should have been more lawyerly and told his wife not to speak to anybody about the case, even her friends and family members, or government officials. He should have also pointed out to her that the government may try to create a situation were she would be prosecuted if she did not testify against her husband. But on the other hand, if she said that it was not her husband on the tapes, then that could have been a significant win Steele and maybe worth the gamble.

Yes, Steele's mind does seem to functioning quite well. For example, he told both his wife and son what to do first, in case they were cut off, and then made is argument to them.
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #347
Heather Blue
Senior Member
 
Heather Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,984
Heather Blue
Default

It's crazy when the American people must fear their own government. What are we coming to?
__________________
The birth of every white baby is the First Born of the next generation.
"Segregation did not exist to hold back other races. It existed to protect us from them." D. Roof
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #348
Igor Alexander
Senior Member
 
Igor Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,591
Igor Alexander
Default

I believe in Steele's innocence, but his chances of proving it aren't looking good, for the simple fact that the middle class whites who will likely make up the bulk of the jury won't be able to accept the suggestion that the FBI would manufacture evidence against him.

To the average middle class white, cops, the government, and the MSM are always right, science and technology are infallible, and white "racists" are pure evil.
__________________
The jewish tribe is the cancer of human history.
http://igoralexander.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Igor Alexander; June 23rd, 2010 at 01:31 PM.
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #349
Igor Alexander
Senior Member
 
Igor Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,591
Igor Alexander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.B. View Post
Full conversation with son and wife:

http://www.kxly.com/localvideo/index.html?v=21568
I'm going to keep my mouth shut about the impression this conversation made on me, but let's just say that it doesn't work in Steele's favor.

Maybe my conclusions about this case were premature.
__________________
The jewish tribe is the cancer of human history.
http://igoralexander.wordpress.com/
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #350
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée
 
Hugo Böse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Four Seasons Jalalabad
Posts: 8,984
Hugo Böse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Steele explained to his son that the government was trying to turn Cyndi against Edgar and that the government had intentionally left a present for his Ukranian girlfriend out so that his wife would find it.
Oh-oh, the alleged girlfriend provides a strong motive (if they mean she was his girlfriend and not his son´s), it leads to the possibility that he may have wanted to get rid of his wife so that he could collect the life insurance and avoid having to pay a fortune in alimony. Unfortunately when a story is as convoluted as this one the simplest scenario is usually the one that pans out, pussy often makes even the smartest men do incredibly stupid shit.
__________________
_______
Political correctness is an intellectual gulag.
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #351
Contumacyman
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 446
Contumacyman
Default

I disagree, Igor.

Consider both possibilities: a) suppose Steele did actually have that conversation with Fairfax, then Steele would know already that the attorney general could parade a host of audio/electronic experts to swear that the tape is pristine (not concocted, nor edited, nor in any way altered from its original recording), and, then they could have additional voice experts testify that the voice on this "pristine" tape was Ed's to a high percentage level (99% or some such "beyond reasonable doubt" figure). Even though Ed could hire his own experts to dispute the government experts, Ed knows that his experts couldn't really refute the government's experts because Ed knows he actually did have that conversation. So there would be no need to worry about how his wife reacts to the tape, since her testimony would not be vital to the government's case. If Ed had actually had that conversation, his only defense would be to claim he was "play-acting" or some such claim to the effect that he was not actually talking in earnest about his true real-world intentions.

Ed is not doing this, so, suppose Ed knows in his heart of hearts that he NEVER had any such conversation with Fairfax, nor anyone else, about any such of a thing as to having anyone killed. That knowledge, along with the harsh and terrorizing act of being arrested and charged, would leave him wondering in dismay as to how the hell is the government going to get a phony tape introduced without it being subjected to his own experts who really could destroy any government claims by educating the jury as to what tape-recording authentication is all about, and, since Ed would know he never had any such conversation, then he would be confident that he would prevail during the trial. So it would have left Ed in bewilderment as to why the government would be so foolish as to think they could get away with using a phony tape, since it wouldn't hold up before a thorough scrutinizing to which his own experts would subject it.
But, when Ed realized they were going to play this phony tape to his wife, and that this effort involved the US attorney general, he realized, being a lawyer himself, that the government could skip expert authentication by shocking his wife with a top-notch but phony recording, patched together from the many times Ed's voice appeared in the public domain. In that case, Ed could not call expert witnesses to dispute government expert witnesses, because the only governmnet witness would be his own wife. Ed reasoned that the government could gamble that this ruse might work because Ed's wife is not an expert tape-recording authenticator, and, she would only be reacting to the recorded voice of her own husband (and it would be a normal reaction by anyone in that circumstance) and allow as to how "it sounds like him".

Remember, Matt Hale's conviction was based solely on the testimony of the government's scumbag snitch that, even though Hale spoke out against doing anything "illegal" to that bitch judge, the snitch claimed that he "nodded" in approval. To live under a government which is capable of dreaming up this kind of low-down underhanded scheming (and Ed already knows what kind of rats make up the government), one can easily see just how far these scumbags will go to fabricate a case that their psychological counselors say will probably "fly in Peoria".

I think, from hearing this tape, that Ed is being framed, and, as I mentioned on another post, the government is using a now tried and proven approach to find some way to drive a wedge between a targetted man and his wife. The government's knowledge that Ed may have had extra-marital interests (we can't know how extensive this is or how objectionable it was to his wife) could have given the government the idea that she just might give a smidgeon of credence to an expertly fabricated, but phony, tape recording of her husband alledgedly plotting to have her murdered.

This tape was over a week ago, and, there has been no later mention so I am suspicious that Ed's wife did not give them what they needed and the government is scurrying around trying to salvage thier case without her inadvertant help.

Ed's tone in this recordning suggests to me a man who had been bewildered by what seemed to be a no-win approach by the government, but who finally figured out their scheme and was desparate to explain it to the governments unwitting key witness in time to thwart this outlandish ruse.

Steele - Innocent: Government - GUILTY!!
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #352
RFM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Posts: 134
Default

I'm taking telephone calls at 601-939-2950 concerning the Steele case.
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #353
OTPTT
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,896
Default

I don't know where the post is but a couple of years ago someone here said they heard me call into some radio program of which I was unfamiliar. The poster provided a link to the mp3 file and whoever the caller was did in fact sound similar to me. However, I did not make that call and it was not me that called into that show. I bring this up in light of the possibility that they somehow synthesized Steele's voice and created an adulterated audio recording.
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #354
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry Embarrassing Matter for the Feds

Posters here have missed an important point. When the pipe bomb was found on Cyndi's vehicle, the local county bomb squad got involved. This ruined the Fed's little game. The county law was likely not involved before this and they let the cat out of the bag.

Now all of a sudden the Fed's poster boy is being held without bail. Steele will rip him to shreds on the stand.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 23rd, 2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: typo
 
Old June 23rd, 2010 #355
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Default Recording Link and Bail Hearing Article

This is the full text of the article about the Steele bail hearing. The audio jail house recording of Steele is also at the link below. This is necessary to understand the comments of the previous several posters.
========
http://www.nwcn.com/news/idaho/Judge...-96943409.html

Judge orders Steele held in jail in murder for hire plot

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho -- A federal judge ordered former Aryan Nations attorney Edgar Steele, who's accused of hiring a hitman to kill his wife, to stay in jail until his trial starts.

Steele said the murder for hire charge is "one giant plot against me" during his detention hearing on Tuesday in the U.S. Federal Courthouse in Coeur d'Alene.
Steele was represented by attorney Roger Pevan in the hearing that determined whether he will remain in jail until his trial.

During the hearing Tuesday, a portion of an audio tape was played in court of a conversation from jail on June 13th between Steele and his son, Rex, and his wife, Cyndi.

Prosecutors said Steele is heard telling his wife and son that two recorded phone conversations between Steele and the alleged hitman, Larry Fairfax, do not contain Steele's voice and he denied plotting to kill his wife. Steele claimed in the call from jail that it's all "one giant plot against me."

Steele was arrested June 12 in Sagle, ID. According to the FBI, it was the same day the hit was supposed to take place.

Investigators with the FBI told KREM 2 News Steele paid Fairfax $500 up front for the hit on his wife and mother-in-law, and told them he would pay another $100,000 if the insurance settlement came through. The FBI says the plan was to make the hit "look like an accident."

Both women were located in Oregon City, Oregon, where Steele's wife was visiting her sick mother. The FBI believes Steele may have been planning the hit for 6 months.
Steele is not seperated from his wife.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; June 24th, 2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: grammatical error
 
Old June 24th, 2010 #356
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Posters here have missed an important point. When the pipe bomb was found on Cyndi's vehicle, the local county bomb squad got involved. This ruined the Fed's little game. The county law was likely not involved before this and they let the cat out of the bag.

Now all of a sudden the Fed's poster boy is being held without bail. Steele will rip him to shreds on the stand.
Quote:
Offender Name: LAWRENCE ANDREW FAIRFAX
Offender ID: 69167
Date of Birth: 03/12/1961
Age: 49
Custody Status: Out of Custody
Reason: Dropped charges
Date: 06/16/2010
Race: White
Gender: Male
Yes, that would explain how it was reported that charges against Fairfax were dropped but he ended up back in jail. I was starting to think the claiming that Fairfax was released was a mistake. So it may be possible that the morning of Steele's first hearing the government thought the had this case in the bag and let Fairfax go only later that afternoon have the bombs discovered and local police arrested Fairfax?

As they say, a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link and Fairfax is that weak link. The point now is to find out who's chain he is in.

One thing seems quite obvious and that is there is reasonable doubt.
 
Old June 24th, 2010 #357
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ
 
Tintin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7,497
Tintin
Default

From the jailhouse phone conversation between Steele and his son:
  • The Attorney General office is contacting Steele’s wife directly. Steele is adamant that this means the highest levels of he U.S. government are involved and out to frame him.
  • The Ukrainian girlfriend seems to be related to a case Steele is working on? His son seemed to be aware of the case?
  • Steele’s wife went into hiding on her own accord. Son states that she reasoned and she feared who ever was setting Steele up may try to go for her.
  • Steele claims that the government does not plan to have the recording authenticated by professionals. He claims the government will use Steele’s wife opinion in court.

From the jailhouse phone conversation between Steele and his wife:
  • Steele tells his wife he does not want her staying at their house and he does not want to know where she is staying so the government cannot harm her and claim he was responsible.
  • Steele's main point to his wife is that if she says the voice on the tape is Steele's the government can enter the tape into evidence without professional verification. Furthermore, if after her the initial confirmation she will never be able to change her position she will not likely ever be able to undue the damage.
  • Steele points out to his wife that the phone conversation cannot be used against them because of husband wife privilege.


Comments:
  • Does anybody have a clear understanding of the teddy bear for the "Ukrainian girlfriend". Most MSM did not report it so it would seem to be something that does not seem incriminating to Steele, at least given the MSM understanding at this time.
  • The Steele family seems a bit subdued. Seems to a lack of urgency on the son part. The wife seemed to not be to thrilled to be talking with her husband. But this is a very atypical situation.
  • Interesting how the end of the recording with the wife seems to be missing. It would be nice to know how she ended the conversation.

Side Note:
  • Note that there are constant promotions of and reporting on something called "Hoopfest", an event taking place this weekend, before and after video many of the videos about the Steele case. Of course "Hoopfest" is a PC term for Whiggerfest where the local civic and commercial enterprises encouraging the White to come downtown and act like niggers and buy shit. The same people who are getting excited about "Hoopfest" and will spend there weekend acting like whiggers and buying shit and then spending the rest of the week talking about what great whiggers where and the shit they bought will be the people that will make a decision on Steele's fate. You can be sure that constitution issues related to the case will be a key topic of conversation with the whiggers at "Hoopfest". Not hard to imagine a basically all White gather acting like niggers reasoning: "that Steele is just a stupid evil racist, we just had a African American culture activity, ran some ball, listened to some rap, ate some watermelon and fried children and nothing bad happened. Itz all good!" http://www.spokanehoopfest.net/
 
Old June 24th, 2010 #358
Hayden
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,093
Default

EJS can beat this one. It is sloppy and obviously bogus.
 
Old June 24th, 2010 #359
DavidinFlorida
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 442
DavidinFlorida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
EJS can beat this one. It is sloppy and obviously bogus.
Yes, this very same confidence saved Bill White from Federal prison time. Also allowed the Hutaree bail freedom.

Woops! Maybe not.

Get it straight, jack knobs, you don't matter. Your ideology and faulty strategy are a ticket punch to promotion for an incompetent FBI agent.

Turn to the Lord. Make your life matter. I've seen too many ruined lives, ruined marraiges, ruined reputations......with nothing to show for it.

You ain't making progress when Tea Party senior citizens are stealing your thunder.
 
Old June 24th, 2010 #360
Donald E. Pauly
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,130
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
From the jailhouse phone conversation between Steele and his son:
[LIST][*]Steele points out to his wife that the phone conversation cannot be used against them because of husband wife privilege.
This is not true. In most jurisdictions the wife cannot be COMPELLED to testify against her husband and vice versa. All the Feds have to do is convince Cyndi that the tape is real and she will be their star witness.
 
Reply

Tags
edgar steele

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.
Page generated in 0.27301 seconds.