Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 30th, 2005 #1
Sean Martin

Default Introverts have more brain activity

"Extroverts enjoy the external world of things, people and activities. They have more activity in brain areas involved in processing the sensory information we're bombarded with daily. Because extroverts have less internally generated brain activity, they search for more external stimuli to energize them. "

More here
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/200...BhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

Old November 30th, 2005 #2
eNZedBlue
Man against Time

I'd be interested to a study into correlation between introversion and race.

It's my personal experience that blacks are more extroverted than Whites.

And also that their extroversion means they are more likely to be "centre of attention" and receive social and workplace status out of proporation to their abilities through verbal fluency (and other advantages).

Old November 30th, 2005 #3
Pixi
resident psycho

Quote:
Introverted children need time alone more than do extroverted children
When I was younger, I would pass up trips to the mall with my friends in favor of staying home and reading books, unless I had money to purchase a new book while at the mall. I did enjoy hanging out with friends, but not for terribly long. I tended to (and still do) grow cranky if I was made to hang out with more than one other person for an extended period of time, and preferred to spend the majority of my time alone. I suppose I'm just an introvert, although when I was growing up I was made to feel abnormal.

Old November 30th, 2005 #4
DJ_Zarathustra

Wish I had a dollar for every time I heard something on the order of "You're so quiet! What's wrong?" As if my lack of vacuous babble was a sure indicator that I was secretly planning to commit a heinous crime. Introversion was considered a character flaw when I was growing up. If this article is any indication, it still is. (People still say that to me, although not as frequently as they once did. It doesn't help that I'm not a natural "smiler".)

Quote:
"...being with people takes energy from introverts, and they need to get away to restore that energy."
Depends on what kind of people we're with. There's nothing more draining than being forced to "converse" with people whose idea of conversation is to wait for you to stop talking so they can resume chattering about inane crap.

Quote:
It's my personal experience that blacks are more extroverted than Whites.
Definitely. Jews also.

Old November 30th, 2005 #5
Pixi
resident psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Zarathustra
It doesn't help that I'm not a natural "smiler".
Yes, there's nothing more annoying than having someone interrupt whatever you're thinking about with "Smile!" "Why don't you smile?"

Old November 30th, 2005 #6
Cowan Huberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
Yes, there's nothing more annoying than having someone interrupt whatever you're thinking about with "Smile!" "Why don't you smile?"
I get that all the time.."Why don't you smile?" my stock answer is "Because only fags and retards smile a lot"

White Power!

Old November 30th, 2005 #7
Sean Martin

I can’t stand to just “hang out”. I used to go out with my old lady and she could just “hang out” for hours. She was one of those types that liked to ride around the parking lot in circles playing loud music. All the while I would be thinking, “I could be driving somewhere cool” or “I could be doing something productive”. We would go places and stay till 4 am then I had to come home and be ready for work, which started at 6 am. By the time I got to work I was almost too tired to spend time with my other girlfriend on my lunch break. I am too old for that kind of lifestyle now though.

No more “hanging out” or cruising, although I still like to hot rod my monster truck while playing loud rock music. :box:

I am not now or never was a social person. I liked going to do things with friends but when it was time to go I never stayed. I can’t stand idle chitchat, it seems I can see people talk about nonsense. Then all of the sudden I can see their lips move and then it is just a buzzing noise to which I reply “yeah uh huh”. It is difficult to relate when you are a racist with a hate filled mind.

Quote:
When I was younger, I would pass up trips to the mall with my friends in favor of staying home and reading books, unless I had money to purchase a new book while at the mall. I did enjoy hanging out with friends, but not for terribly long. I tended to (and still do) grow cranky if I was made to hang out with more than one other person for an extended period of time, and preferred to spend the majority of my time alone. I suppose I'm just an introvert, although when I was growing up I was made to feel abnormal.

Last edited by Sean Martin; December 2nd, 2005 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Meant to say cruising instead of cursing

Old November 30th, 2005 #8
The Barrenness
Angry Shiksa

Quote:
Depends on what kind of people we're with. There's nothing more draining than being forced to "converse" with people whose idea of conversation is to wait for you to stop talking so they can resume chattering about inane crap.
I have a habit of completely tuning people like that out, even as they go on chatting away right in my face. So in most situations like this, it is not a two way conversation, by any means.

I have never been able to chat someone's ear off about stupid shit and laugh and act like I am enjoying myself when they do the same. If I am in a roomful of people who are doing this I am usually quiet and thinking about something else. So most people who don't know me very well describe me as either spacey or stuck up.

FKA, Hitler Goddess, Starr

Old November 30th, 2005 #9
ThemeOfSadness

Introverted, genius, White children were viewed as abnormal by extroverted, gregerious, shape-shifting Jewish pyschologist. Recommendations were made to school adminstrators and teachers, punish the lone wolf, mock him, goad him, until he joins the group. Social training and group activity was emphasized in education, eventually leading to the diversity blitz we see today. Now, there are different forms of extroversion and introversion. I think many of the best leaders (at least in the White race) are dually introverted and extroverted. I consider myself an introvert, because it is a healthier choice, intellectually, physically, and morally. However, I am capable of getting things accomplished in public or in groups when duty calls.

Old November 30th, 2005 #10
DJ_Zarathustra

Quote:
If I get that from someone I'm casually acquainted with, I will often answer, "I was just thinking about doing that. Then I saw you, and changed my mind.

Ha ha ha. Just kidding."

Old December 1st, 2005 #11
DJ_Zarathustra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitler Goddess
I have a habit of completely tuning people like that out, even as they go on chatting away right in my face. So in most situations like this, it is not a two way conversation, by any means.
That's a usefull skill to have. Wish I could do it.

Quote:
I have never been able to chat someone's ear off about stupid shit and laugh and act like I am enjoying myself when they do the same. If I am in a roomful of people who are doing this I am usually quiet and thinking about something else. So most people who don't know me very well describe me as either spacey or stuck up.
Yes, the "stuck up" label is usually given to women who are both introverted, and attractive. I actually assumed that with two women at my workplace. They were very aloof, and had what I assumed was an arrogant demeanor. It so happened that on different occasions I found myself in the "designated smoking area" with these women, so just to test my assumptions, I struck up a conversation with them. I expected them to react with annoyance, if at all. Wrong. They turned out to be two of the most personable and down-to-earth people I've ever talked to. (Hopefully, no one reading this will be in doubt as to what race they were)

As for spaciness, I was sometimes accused of that; always by people who seemingly had no capacity for thinking themselves. "Yer spacin' out, man!" Many people react with discomfort--and fear--when they see someone who is not engaged in frantic verbal or physical activity. Even eating one's lunch at work without simultaneously talking or reading can cause people to regard one suspiciously. Try it sometime.

There I was, eating, staring into space, and minding my own business, when a co-worker walked by, peered and me and said, "Ya just sittin' there thinkin', DJ?" ("Yes, it's something that we intelligent people do from time to time. You wouldn't understand.")

Imagine what it must be like to become agitated and fearful every time there is no one around to listen to you "talk". And they say we're the ones with a problem.

Old December 1st, 2005 #12
DJ_Zarathustra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
I am not now or never was a social person. I liked going to do things with friends but when it was time to go I never stayed. I can’t stand idle chitchat, it seems I can see people talk about nonsense. Then all of the sudden I can see their lips move and then it is just a buzzing noise to which I reply “yeah uh huh”. It is difficult to relate when you are a racist with a hate filled mind.
When I was a college freshman, I read The Number of the Beast, by Robert Heinlein. In that book, one of the characters--a brilliant physicist--says, "A man who is capable of creative work has no time for fools who want to socialize."

It was a revelation for me to read that. Growing up, I heard things like "You've gotta come out of your shell!" "You need to work on being more open and friendly!" "You have to talk more! Smile more!", etc. ad nauseaum. All statements which were derived from our Jewish concept of socialization. Here was an author stating that thinking people (i.e., Aryans) have no desire to waste their life energy on meaningless "get-togethers".

Thanks, Mr. Heinlein.

Old December 1st, 2005 #13
Sean Martin

It is raunchy to see someone eating and trying to talk at the same time. When I eat I want quiet. I don’t want to talk or look at someone trying to talk. Then you see those people who try to eat and talk and use their hand to cover their mouth as if we don’t know they have food in it. If you don’t want someone to see your food don’t open your mouth.

When I was in college everyone went out to a restaurant and after supper the conversation switched to basketball, which I despise. I got up got in my truck and drove off into the night. The next day everyone was giving me the hateful look like I was some sort of anti-social that purposely set out to embarrass them. When in reality I went home to do my homework and prepare everything for the next day. The next morning at my 8 am class everyone came dragging in half asleep and I was one of the few ones (the other ones were married and responsible) who could comprehend class that day. I was a freshman taking a senior class and scored higher than most seniors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Zarathustra
Even eating one's lunch at work without simultaneously talking or reading can cause people to regard one suspiciously. Try it sometime.

There I was, eating, staring into space, and minding my own business, when a co-worker walked by, peered and me and said, "Ya just sittin' there thinkin', DJ?"

Old December 1st, 2005 #14
Owain_Glyndwr
Crazed Lone Gunman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
"Extroverts enjoy the external world of things, people and activities. They have more activity in brain areas involved in processing the sensory information we're bombarded with daily. Because extroverts have less internally generated brain activity, they search for more external stimuli to energize them. "

What a wonderful and thought provoking concept. I have not thought of it in quite those terms but it does appear a most rational way of explaining in simple terms the key characteristics which differentiate the 'modest intellectual' from the loud mouth extroverts I loath and detest.

Reading the contributions to this thread thus far I can fully identify with everyone. There is little I can add in this regard, simply hail kindred spirits.

We are for our part Giants amongst insects..

14/88

From the Legend of Beenzon Toaste.

Old December 2nd, 2005 #15
Dwarf of Kaladim

I was always quiet and kept to myself and still do to this day. Most have always regarded introversion as being a negative trait, constantly trying to change you into a 'social' person and promoting the idiotic concept of 'group work' in school. I generally do not care for the company of the type we struggle with in every regard, the lemming. Most people do not see eye to eye with our type, which is why society is going down the tubes for the most part. For that reason I haven't had a 'friend' since grade school and the only people I socialize with are family and my wife. I have no doubt most of us would be more social had we lived in the 3rd Reich, sorrounded by people who we could have related to and developed meaningful friendships with but unfortunately we live in the year 2005 and all I see pitiful excuses for human beings. All I have is my wife and family, that is all.

Old December 2nd, 2005 #16
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

Quote:
I've had people do that to me while they were paying me to tutor them in math or physics. I lost a customer when I told her that she was a horse who would not drink the water that I had led her to.

Old December 4th, 2005 #17
VLC

this reminds me of the book "The lonely crowd" by jew sociologist Riesman. He says there are two types of people, the other-directed, those who ascribe a lot of importance to the opinions of others and the inner-directed, those who follow their own morals and principles. The extroverted are much less likely to progress and change their opinion on important topics than the introverted because they're much less likely to have opinions of their own to begin with.

How many important scientists, discoverers, writers, thinkers, explorers, artists, etc. were extroverted ? Probably very few.

Thread