Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > The Personal Solution: Living White > Homeschooling
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

View Poll Results: What language[s] would you be willing to learn?
Français [French] 8 15.69%
Deutsch [German] 29 56.86%
Italiano [Italian] 13 25.49%
Portugês [Portugese] 0 0%
Español [Spanish] 9 17.65%
Русский [Russkiĭ; Russian] 17 33.33%
संस्कृतम् [saṃskṛtam; Sanskrit] 4 7.84%
العربية [al-‘arabiyyah; Arabic] 7 13.73%
汉语/中文 [Hànyǔ/Zhōngwén; ‘Chinese’] 6 11.76%
other ... (please specify) 16 31.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Display Modes Share
Old June 7th, 2007 #21
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanseByFire View Post
"...Netherlands and Flanders..."
Both peoples speak the same language. However, the Flemish speak it in a pleasant way. The Dutch pronounce certain consonants very guteral.
The language is basically a combination of both German and English. If you know both, Dutch isn't a problem to learn.
Even though Flanders is quite run down (sucked dry by the Wallonian parasite), it's better to hang out there to learn Dutch. Doing it over a few Belgian beers helps

Old June 7th, 2007 #22
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincere View Post
another language that i would like to learn is ebonics.
wh
Seriously. The niggers in Mississippi speak in such thick ebonics that it is the functional equivalent of a foreign language. Not the stuff you hear on TV. Like this:

AAAAAAAY BAAAAAAAH! WHUUUUUUUUU EEEEEEEEEUH?

Anyone want to take a shot at translating that?

I'll provide the answer tomorrow.

GREL

Old June 7th, 2007 #23
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

"Hey Bro, What's up wit you?"

Old June 8th, 2007 #24
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by furandloathinginDFW View Post
"Hey Bro, What's up wit you?"

CLOSE! You get an A-

AAAAAAAY BAAAAAAAH! WHUUUUUUUUU EEEEEEEEEUH?

=

Hey man! What it is?

"WHUUUUU EEEEEEUH" literally, "What it is?" is niggerspeak for 'what's up' ; 'how's it going' ; 'how are things with you'.

This is a more intimate greeting and indicates that a conversation is desired by the speaker. It is usually followed by backslapping, handshaking or hugging.

A more passing, informal greeting where the speaker does not desire further conversation is simply "YO!"

GREL

Old June 8th, 2007 #25
Robert Bandanza
Banned

Thumbs up

I just started reading the Paarsi book I bought a while ago again. I just read yesterday that it is printed in Bolshevist Red China ... I did not really get into the reading thoroughly, just brushing up on the pronounciation from what I started on. The language master Aistulf has helped me with it too . He has the same book.

The grammar of this language will be quite hard for me considering there is more endings than the average Indo-European(modern) tongue.

Old June 12th, 2007 #26
Falcon
Undead Praetorian

Deutsch

because i can speak it more easier than english.

Old June 12th, 2007 #27
Mark Kerpolt

FVROR TEVTONICVS, I must've missed your post, welcome back!! Sounds great also what you're planning to do!

Falcon, can you speak/understand پارسی [Pârsi]?

Old June 12th, 2007 #28
Falcon
Undead Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aistulf View Post
Falcon, can you speak/understand پارسی [Pârsi]?
آره
پارسی زبان مادری من است

Old June 12th, 2007 #29
Mark Kerpolt

Smile

خیلی خوب! پارسی زبان مادری من نیست، هلندی است، اما حال می خوانم۔

Old June 12th, 2007 #30
Falcon
Undead Praetorian

Quote:
خیلی خوب! پارسی زبان مادری من نیست، هلندی است، اما می حال خوانم۔
میدانم

من الان دارم بصورت کتابی با تو سخن میگویم که آسان بتوانی بفهمی. اگر بخواهم عامیانه سخن گویم نمیتوانی بفهمی. اگر میخواهی زبان پارسی عامیانه و اصطلاحات را یاد بگیری من میتوانم کمکت کنم.

Old August 17th, 2007 #31
Seaforth
Banned

I would love to learn some Cornish since I am half Cornish and it is therefore the original language of my home country. Maybe I will find some time to do this soon when I finish working. Mind, I don't expect to ever become proficient in it.

Since I live in Switzerland I speak German and also understand the local Swiss-German dialect of the region. I am also very familiar with the Alsatian-German dialect of the French border region since I hear it just about every day.

Old August 19th, 2007 #32
Mark Kerpolt

I recently bought the book:
«A Vedic Grammar for Students», by Arthur Anthony Macdonell

The book was quite a bargain, I bought it a few days ago for merely € 15,-. The book is a 1990s reprint based on older British works on the ancient Satem Indo-European language Sanskrit, focussing - as the title suggests - on the grammar and the grammar of the Rig Veda in particular (some of the oldest written texts in Sanskrit known to man).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaforth View Post
I would love to learn some Cornish since I am half Cornish and it is therefore the original language of my home country. Maybe I will find some time to do this soon when I finish working. Mind, I don't expect to ever become proficient in it.

Since I live in Switzerland I speak German and also understand the local Swiss-German dialect of the region. I am also very familiar with the Alsatian-German dialect of the French border region since I hear it just about every day.
Go for it, sounds very interesting! I was under the impression that Cornish was an ‘dead’ Gallo-Celtic tongue with little known about it? Either way, keep us up to date about it.

I must say, you're a rather unusual Briton! Most downright refuse to learn anything other than their own language, or dialect even.

Old September 13th, 2007 #33
Seaforth
Banned

Quote:

Go for it, sounds very interesting! I was under the impression that Cornish was an ‘dead’ Gallo-Celtic tongue with little known about it? Either way, keep us up to date about it.

I must say, you're a rather unusual Briton! Most downright refuse to learn anything other than their own language, or dialect even.
Thank you for your interest!

Here is one description regarding the Cornish language.

Quote:
The Cornish Language - An Tavas Kernewek
'Deth da, Da yu genef dha weles'....The ancient Celtic language of Cornwall was reportedly last spoken by Dolly Pentreath of Mousehole who died in 1777. There is also however, a tombstone at Zennor churchyard to John Davey of Boswednack (1812-1891), 'the last to possess any traditional considerable knowledge of the Cornish Language'. He sang traditional songs and could converse quite fluently. Why did it die out? While Cornwall remained largely untouched by the outside world the language remained intact. Some historians point to the failed 'Cornish Rebellion of 1497' - led by Michael Joseph 'An Gof' (the Smith) and Thomas Flamank - and the 'Prayer Book Rebellion' of 1549 as two major turning point in the demise of Cornish. The first rebellion was caused by excessive taxes being levied on Cornwall to finance King Henry VII's war with Scotland. The second rebellion is centred on the refusal to allow church services to be spoken in Cornish by the powers in London. There has however been quite a resurgence in interest since 1900 and some say that the language never actually died.
Source: http://www.shimbo.co.uk/language/language.htm
One simplification in reviving Cornish is that the Breton language is originally derived from Cornish, since the inhabitants of Brittany are largely from Cornwall, either as refugees from the Anglo-Saxon wars or before that as emigrants. One snag though is that at some stage the Bretons decided to adopt French phonetics to write their language which would certainly not be appropriate for Cornish.

Old April 27th, 2008 #34
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

I say I want to learn Hebrew so that I can listen in on the kikes.

Old April 27th, 2008 #35
Mark Kerpolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Faust View Post
I say I want to learn Hebrew so that I can listen in on the kikes.
Good choice, understand thy enemy.

I can help you with it, with the script and some lexicon at least. I can read and write this plagiarized kike-script. It's a hell lot easier than Arabic too, I mastered Hebrew in a fraction of the time of what I needed (which wasn't very long either) for Arabic. Both also use a similar orthographical system, with almost identical writing rules. Visually they differ somewhat, Hebrew not being connected and with less appearance forms (generally no medials, mostly stand-alones with a few exception cases with an end-form) and all.

To transliterate something, just for fun 'n' shit!
  • Hebrew:
    פּאנצרפֿאוסת
    [Pānţerfāūst; phon.: Paantzərfaawst]
  • Perso-Arabic:
    پانّتّضرّفاوسّت
    [Pāntzərfāūst; phon.: Paantzərfaawst]
  • Cyrillic (Russian):
    Панцерфауст
    [Panţěrfaūst; phon.: Pantśerfaa·oost]
  • Devanāgarī (Sanskrit, Hindī, etc.):
    पान्त्सेर्फ़ास्त्
    [Pāntserfāust; phon.: Paantserfaa·oost]
  • [Kata]kana & Hiragana (Japanese [syllabiaries]):
    • パンツロファウスト
    • ぱんつろふぁうすと
    [Pantsurofausto; phon.: Pantsürofawusüto]

Last edited by Mark Kerpolt; April 27th, 2008 at 07:06 PM.

Old April 27th, 2008 #36
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Talking

That Is going in my signature

פּאנצרפֿאוסת

Old April 30th, 2008 #37
Mark Kerpolt

(In what signature?)

Old May 6th, 2008 #38
Richard H.
Banned

i'd have to say, German and mexicanese

Old May 23rd, 2008 #39
Cernunnos

Attic (Ancient) Greek has given me much joy, and shall assist in the study of engineering on account that many scientific terms originate from Greek. That, and I have long desired to read the works of the philosophers in their original tongues.

Arabic and Chinese would be advisable on account of their utility, though both have proven to be difficult. I have gotten a bit rusty on Chinese, though I shall resume with a business Chinese text soon, and Arabic will come a bit later depending on if Dubai pans out.

Old May 23rd, 2008 #40
Klement

A couple of posters had similar answers. I'd like to speak and understand Spanish so I could find out what the Mexishits are saying about me behind my back.

Thread