VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 26th, 2012 #2501
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry James Maher's Role

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale VanderMeer View Post
Take one wild guess who has been busy elsewhere on line?

Take a good look at this.:

This is a good point. The role of James Maher was never brought out properly in the trial. It may be a red herring that his cousin is the Jew Bill Maher. This is another result of the malpractice of the scumbag now disbarred lawyer McAllister.

Old March 2nd, 2012 #2502
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Appeal Update

I missed this update. An appeal due to ineffective counsel is doomed here. Steele was a trained trial lawyer and the government is entitled to presume him to be sane. He failed to fire McAllister and take over the case himself. He therefore went along with all of the incompetence displayed. It will take two years for this to be heard and Steele will rot in prison at least until then. He went insane after aorta surgery and needs medical help, not imprisonment..
Quote:

http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/?p=740#more-740

Mr. Steele’s appeal? An update, 2/25/20122012 FEBRUARY 25by admin(The following info was submitted for posting here, to update supporters and observers.)The transcripts of all prior hearings were ordered and have been filed with the trial court. Other deadlines are approaching (see below).An appellate attorney has been engaged for Edgar. An appeal will be filed within the time period provided. The appellate dates are as follows:Wed., April 4, 2012, Appellant’s opening brief and excerpts of record are due.Fri., May 4, 2012, Appellee’s (Govt’s) answering brief and excerpts of record are due.An optional reply brief would be due within 14 days after appellee’s brief is served. For good cause, the above dates are subject to modification.

Old March 3rd, 2012 #2503
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Missing Steele Cheerleaders

On 19 February, I emailed the Victorville prison and told them that I wanted to establish email contact with Steele. I have no reply. Their phone number 760-530-5000 did an auto hangup on me twice after putting me on hold.

The Steele cheerleaders beat up on me for proving that he had gone crazy. They seem to have no interest in communicating with their champion. Cyndi has been refused all contact with him since she is his victim. Steele needs contact with the outside world.

Old March 8th, 2012 #2504
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Last Letter from Steele's Lawyer

I had explained to Cyndi several times that her husband had gone crazy from aorta surgery and that time was short to take action before he was sentenced. She forwarded my letter to Steele's new lawyer Hoyt who in turn answered it without understanding what was really going on. It is touching to see a lawyer quote scripture. It is even more touching when one of them prays for you. Hoyt has since seen my motion and not replied to it.

Evidence is overwhelming that Steele did essentially everything that the government says that he did. It is also beyond argument that he was insane and not responsible for his conduct. It will be ten times more difficult to get him out of prison now than it would have been before sentencing.

I blame Cyndi for this entire mess because she has to know that her husband went crazy. His steamy love letters from his jail cell to his Ukrainian girlfriend Tatyana Loginova are one of a hundred proofs of his insanity. I fear that she has some unexplained reason for wanting him locked up in prison for life.

I have redacted the email addresses to foil spam harvesting robots. They will be provided by PM to anyone having a need to know.

Quote:
Date: Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:13 AM
Subject: Time Is Short-Even Shorter for Edgar Steele
To: Donald Pauly
Cc: Jamie Kelso , Rick Adams-RepBdcastNwork , Clayton Douglas , Deanna Spingola, Rex Rammell

Dear Don:
Cyndi forwarded your email below. Wow, she and I are uncertain what is meant in your missive as you are usually very clear in your statements; but let me walk you through the "Nightmare" that has been ours and maybe you will be less*concerned and less critical.
The experience level of attorney McAllister*who was defending Ed through trial, before he was disbarred, told us that he should have developed Ed's defense with perfect precision. All of the pieces are there, only a good shepherd was needed to marshal the evidence*with a strong presentation to the jury. Unfortunately, that was not to be.*Frankly, he*might as well have been a*"No*Show"*and he was a "Non-event." Everyone kept waiting for him to develop Ed’s defense, to show the strategy, a plan, which, in the end, seemed to be to let Ed go down.
Then, whatever little glimmer of hope there might have been, as the trial proceeded, was dashed by the lies continually told by the government its minions plus, the exclusion of any exculpatory evidence by the judge. The jury never got to hear anything favorable about Ed or why he was not guilty.* I am still reeling from the terrible performance of his “defense counsel”, but think about this, there was no one else qualified who would touch the Edgar Steele case.* All the other qualified lawyers with whom I spoke just did not want to soil their reputation because the SPLC and the ADL has made it clear that they will attack anyone who does with their foul stench publicity. So Don, I am still on the learning curve, but amazed at the depths of depravity in the NWO system…In Edgar’s case and in many others, no one gets to present any evidence that is helpful, the jury only gets to hear the lies, scripted by the SPLC, that the Government wants to tell. It is really bad when the Judge, the prosecutor, and your own attorney are working on the same team to destroy you. WOW, go figure that one out!
Ed’s Motion for New Trial is due today (unless my Motion for Enlargement of Time is granted). Cyndi and I have been working literally about 20 hours per day collecting affidavits to show that Ed had a defense and it was not presented because his attorney was incompetent, they call that Ineffective Assistance of Counsel or IAC which should result in Ed getting a new trial.
At the same time, I am preparing to file in the Sup Ct of the US a petition with a fresh idea, never tried before, to demand justice for Ed and others who have been treated similarly. How that will work is very interesting, but if you want to be on my mailing list when it happens, I give you the advance copy.
Look, I am literally working feverishly 'round the clock, with a short 1 or 2 hour nap here and there, to bring this together. If I, or Cyndi had to stop and respond to every request for information we would have to spend all our time answering questions and get bogged down and never meet our deadlines. I have almost daily requests from numerous supporters of Ed in talk radio who are great supporters of the Movement who want interviews and I kindly explain that we “gotta do what we gotta do” or Ed will be dead, in prison. You understand that Ed died on the operating table in November 2009 during his heart surgery. He is living on borrowed time, so to use your metaphor, Time is Short, but understand, if Cyndi or I fail now, in the eleventh hour, with sentencing looming on August 22, 2011 and with the deadlines imposed by the Court, Ed will never see the light of day--He is 65 years old and has ongoing health problems so that even a*five year sentence*will probably*kill him, is that what you want? Because that is what the SPLC and the Government wants; in fact, that is what they are trying to do to all of us, they want to kill us and our economy off, with their chem-trails, and their blown up oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico and their 911s and their… I could go on and on. So, what is it that you want? An interview with Cyndi, and if you don’t get it, you’re gonna do what? publish something ugly about Ed? Well there is are many who have published ugly stuff about Ed, and why? Because he exercises his right to free speech and protects others who want to do the same, like you? I*know that you mean well, but*if you want to help,*please don't send Cyndi any more veiled threats, that is very unbecoming a man of your stature.**
Anyway, neither I nor Cyndi can talk to anyone right now who is not on the defense team. This email has cost me an hour of precious time to compose, and it has take*time and energy that is desperately needed*to defend Ed's case with a deadline looming today. The Government*also wants to waste my time, I have been ordered by the Court to come to Coeur d'Alene for a hearing next*Wed., July 6th to explain why it is that I am the only attorney in the world who can represent Ed—You see, I have a big, fat, conflict of interest because I represented Cyndi first and she purportedly Edgar’s crime victim that he supposedly wanted to kill – so now the victim, who was to be killed, wants to give her attorney to the supposed killer… That’s a story of real proportions, put that out there if you will. That really and truly is the biggest conflict of interest I have ever seen, yet the law is in*our favor because both Cyndi and Edgar have knowingly and voluntarily waived that conflict of interest in writing.* Cyndi wants me to represent Ed because I know more about his case than possibly anybody on the planet and because I believe whole heartedly, 100%, in his innocence. Do you?
So Don, you “ya gotta do what ya gotta do.”* If yer gonna "make yer move" then go for it, because she and I are Ed's last hope; but, understand this, neither Cyndi nor I can participate in any dialogue with anybody that is not a part of the defense team right now; to do so would be a disaster. If that means we are ignoring you, then so be it.
I pray*for you that wisdom will overtake your mind and that you will continue to support Edgar Steele*because*he is innocent and no innocent person should be falsely accused of anything, but all of us are being falsely accused every day; that is, we all are being accused now by the Enemy of All Righteousness*for we*"wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world and against spiritual wickedness in high places." Eph. 6:12.
Watch for more of*Ed's writings as he is having an Epiphany experience that is bringing him*closer to*God. He calls it the Tao of Ed, and it is really great. Are you listening….do you have ears to hear?
You may ask, what is it you could do for Ed that really would help? Well Don, Get the word out -- you could go to all*your readers, supporters and listeners and tell them that some amazing law is about to be made that may help them, that they may have a chance to sign a petition soon that could CHANGE THAT WE CAN BELIEVE IN that is, change the face of things as they are, and Change Back our country.* They need to understand that their contributions are needed to the Edgar Steele Defense Fund,*even if it*is only a few dollars, or as much as they can afford, because as Jamie Kelso says: "It's an investment in your future" otherwise, when they come to get you, there will be no one left to defend them. If we cannot draw the line in the sand now and defend Ed, we are all done.
May the Lord's choicest blessings be upon you and all whom you seek to reach in Ed's cause, that they will truly support the innocent who are*being persecuted by this monster that lurks among us.
Best regards,
Wes**

Old March 9th, 2012 #2505
VikingWarrior
Kill The 'Kwa

M' Lawd I stand by this comment

Quote:
Itz.as plain as a mole on a jews nose that Steele is not playing with a full deck. Maybe his aortic stroke played into his increase of mental instability is something worth looking at.

Steele's grandiose view of himself, may of also played into the fact that he thought he could truly get away with this. To spend the rest of his days with his Ukrainian honey, without having to hand over a large percentage of his assets to Cyndi in a divorce settlement.
Steele will die in prison.

Old March 9th, 2012 #2506
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile False Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingWarrior View Post
M' Lawd I stand by this comment

Steele will die in prison.
Not if I can talk some sense into his wife.

Old March 9th, 2012 #2507
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Victorville Prison Non-response

After many hangups by the computer answering system at the Victorville Prison, I called the DOJ main number at 202-514-2000. They claimed that there is only one operator at Victorville and whined about this being due to funding cuts. They claim that you have to write the inmate by snail mail and have him request email contact with you.

Old March 10th, 2012 #2508
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Typical Bureaucrats

I got the warden's phone system 760-530-5100 which answered. The website number 760-530-5000 never answers and eventually hangs up on you. Steele's counselor is apparently Melendez with an extension #5042. I left a voice mail message. There are no known reports of any contact with Steele since he was moved to Victorville a little over two months ago. He may be cut off from all contact with the outside world.

Old March 14th, 2012 #2509
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile Melendez Contacted

I finally got ahold of Melendez today. He assures me that he will give my name to Steele about email contact. He did not want to take my email address to give to Steele. He plays the typical "it is not my job" bureaucrat. He will be hearing from me again soon.

Old March 24th, 2012 #2510
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Steele Had Breast Liposuction

I missed this from sentencing at http://stopnetspend.com/steele/sentence.pdf . Steele came down with prostate cancer in 1997. He was given a injection lasting for six months to stop testosterone production which was followed by radiation. He seems to have been cured from that. This treatment may have started a huge weight gain. Castrated animals frequently get fat.

Steele had gastric bypass surgery in 2008. This is drastic surgery to allow a morbidly obese person to lose weight. According to the Pre Sentence Report, he lost 100 pounds of weight. The hernia spoken of by the judge may have been the common complication of gastric bypass surgery.

Steele admits that he underwent breast reduction liposuction in 2010 four months after his aortic aneurysm which nearly killed him. There is a Negro in the woodpile here. His wife had been used to his appearance for 12 years at this time. His new Ukrainian girlfriend hadn't seen him yet. The prosecutor made political hay over this. She tried to show that if he was well enough for elective breast surgery that he wasn't crazy enough for Fairfax to take advantage of him.

All of this brings out new Negroes in the woodpile. It appears that the jury never heard about this breast reduction operation. I don't know how serious the problem was in the first place but this needs to be addressed. Anyone who has seen Steele since 1998 needs to comment on the size of his breasts.

Quote:
Judge:120-1

The medical records show that the defendant has had some minor surgeries in the past plus some more severe medical conditions and surgery more recently. Most notably, he had prostate cancer in 1997, gastric bypass in I think it was 2008, surgery for an ascending aortic aneurysm in 2009, surgery for a hernia in 2010, and a surgery in 2010 because of an uncontrollable nosebleed. Following the gastric bypass that I referred to, he lost approximately 100 pounds and then underwent the extensive liposuction that was discussed previously.
Quote:
Prosecutor:43-25

He has had many medical procedures throughout his life. And during trial, and even today, there was talk about this 2009 ascending aortic aneurysm and that it was life-threatening. And we note from the presentence that four months after that procedure, the defendant had extensive liposuction. And the point that we bring that up is not to say that the aortic aneurysm was not life-threatening, but four months later, he is cleared for elective surgery. And so this idea that he was either so medicated or that he was so incapacitated in some way that Mr. Fairfax was able to take advantage of him doesn't ring true.
Quote:
Steele:56-22

I can't imagine life without her, but I'm going to have to get used to it, apparently. She cared for me through the six months and four life-threatening surgeries just prior to my arrest. Oh, liposuction. Yeah, it was elective.

It had been paid for before my aortic aneurysm emergency surgery, and it was designed to reduce the size of my breasts, primarily, because I had prostate cancer 12 years ago. And as a part of the chemotherapy and the radiation therapy that I received for that -- and I survived it, too, as you can see -- because of that, my breasts -- my breasts grew, and I was always self conscious of it. So, finally, I was going to have them fixed. And somehow she makes it appear that it's some kind of useless, superfluous, frivolous reason.

And then I had two more surgeries after that, one for an emergency hernia repair, which can be life-threatening. There was no suggestion that I was about to die, but I know the doctor puts me into the emergency room -- or the surgery room the day after I appeared in his office with it.

And the nasal aneurysm, the head aneurysm certainly was life-threatening. I could have bled to death in the time I was trying to drive to the emergency room. And I have symptoms and problems from that to this day. I've had them
throughout the pendency of this case.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; March 25th, 2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: typo

Old March 24th, 2012 #2511
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry No Chance at Miss America Pagent

While Steele would never have had a chance at winning a Miss America pagent, there is something wrong with the bulge on his chest here. His face does not seem to be fat.

Caption:Attorney Edgar Steele, left, listens to Richard Masker after Steele testified on his behalf in a tax hearing in the Kootenai County Administration Building Tuesday, May 14, 2002. Masker, who with his wife Deon (right) live on disability, is facing the loss of his house for not paying taxes for more than three years. He is a white supremacist who has told friends he will shoot it out and commit suicide before being evicted. (Jesse Tinsley / The Spokesman-Review)

Old March 24th, 2012 #2512
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Insanity Proofs During Sentencing Statement

Here Steele injects a breath of sanity into the trial. This comment must have endured Steele to the court.

Quote:
59-5
And don't tell me about how lawyers who have themselves as clients are fools because anybody who wants to become a lawyer is a fool anyway.
Steele is allowed to bash the government and the prosecution and then claims that he is being denied the right to speak in his defense.

Quote:
59-23
But the bad guys here, Judge, are the government, are the FBI, are the prosecution. And when I'm denied the right to speak out about their conduct and what they have done, then I'm denied the right to present my case, as I was at trial. I was denied the right to present any sort of defense.
These indeed are the lunatic ravings of a madman.

Quote:
61-24
These are not the lunatic ravings of a madman. I have said this from the beginning, and I say it here today.
Steele here admits that he wrote the steamy love letter to his Ukrainian honey Tatana Loginova. He had every opportunity to testify that the voice on the recordings was not his. Fairfax testified that it was Steele's voice on the recordings. The authenticity of the recordings was never at issue. He endears himself to the judge by stating that all lawyers are fools. He also excuses his failure to testify because he couldn't control his anger.

Quote:
63-13
There was a letter attached to the deposition transcript of that lady from Ukraine. I wrote the letter. Nobody ever asked me if I did, if I'd authenticate it. I would have. I did. And I had reasons for doing it that didn't have anything to do with running off with a near teenager to dump my wife. In that letter I told her that they had recordings that were falsified. That was before the court; and yet you said it was irrelevant because nobody had brought it into dispute. My wife had testified that it wasn't my voice on those recordings, but you said that Dr. Papcun couldn't testify because nobody had put the authenticity of the recordings into dispute.

Time and again, it was put into dispute, Judge. And then, just before the defense was to be allowed to start to present its case -- it wasn't going to be much of a case, near as I could tell, because I had left that to McAllister. I trusted in him. I had forgotten about how the fact is that all lawyers are fools. I know I couldn't trust myself because of the anger that I felt, because of the irrationality I felt. I sat in that chair in more trials than I can recount.
This is a lie. Steele's supporters paid $120,000 to the worthless scumbag now disbarred lawyer and he did not use his life savings.

Quote:
68-8
And then in less than one day, my case was presented. And before I knew it, the guy that I had hired and paid a lot of money to, paid my life savings to, to represent me rested. I couldn't believe what was going on. And now it's happening here again today. What's wrong with this picture, Judge?
Steele forgets that he had resigned the bar in Idaho before this in lieu of discipline. He had also resigned or been disbarred in all other states and was no longer a lawyer.

Quote:
68-15
I have a right, and it's high time that I was heard. I haven't been allowed to be heard. Nobody believes me, even though I'm an officer of this court. And the only one who proves that I'm a liar about anything is this oafish, northern Idaho handyman, self-confessed liar, self-confessed pipe-bomber. But I, law degree, officer of this court as well as courts all up and down the West coast, I am not to be believed, I am to be rushed along, I am not to be heard. That's the way it's been right from the beginning.
This is a gross lie. Steele's silver was returned to his wife three days after his arrest except for a few ounces kept for evidence. McAllister was hired after Steele's supporters donated $120,000.

Quote:
75-14
They seized my life savings, which I had in the form of silver at my home. And they held it until just about the eve of trial. That's why I had to have the public defender. I couldn't afford to hire a lawyer. And they released that silver just a couple of weeks before trial was scheduled to start, and that's when I was able to have McAllister sign on as my attorney of record, because that was when I was able to pay him.
Here Steele correctly observes that the Russian Mafia may be after him. The reason however, is that he has insulted their intelligence. They wouldn't waste their time on puny $4,000 Ukrainian bride scams. Those Ukrainian honeys are perfectly capable of handling this type of scam by themselves.

Quote:
76-4
I was denied investigation that I demanded into the Russian Mafia, which I maintain had a hand in this case, into this Russian bride scam. They brought in a very selected body of evidence about that. They brought in letters that I had exchanged with one of these Ukraine girls, when there had been upwards of a hundred of them that I had had contact with, certainly, 30 to with whom I had had extensive correspondence exchanged.

Old March 26th, 2012 #2513
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Jusenpresse on Steele's Breast Liposuction

I missed this article on sentencing. It omits the revelation that Steele underwent gastric bypass surgery in 2008 and lost 100 pounds of weight.

Quote:
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/siren.../edgar-steele/

Edgar Steele: I didn’t defecate myself
Posted by Meghann
Nov. 10, 2011 10:53 a.m.

Before he was sentenced to 50 years in prison Wednesday, Edgar Steele told the court he wanted his lawyer at trial to show jurors the underwear he was wearing when he was arrested to dispute FBI claims that he may have defecated himself. Steele said Robert McAllister, who has since been disbarred for unrelated reasons, refused, and Steele criticized the move as stifling a chance to show jurors at his murder-for-hire trial last spring that lead investigator and FBI agent Mike Sotka “was a liar.”

Under questioning from prosecutors during the trial in Boise last spring, Sotka said Steele stood up and an “odor of fecal matter” filled the air when FBI agents told him they knew of the murder plot. The agents “feared that Mr. Steele had defecated himself,” Sotka said, though he never said they verified Steele did so. The FBI had told Steele his wife and mother-in-law had been killed in a ruse to observe his reaction before his arrest in June 2010.

On Wednesday, Steele said he began to suspect something was not right when the agents told him his mother-in-law had been shot to death. “I did smell something, and it wasn't the odor of defecation - one of many lies (FBI agent Mike) Sotka told to the jury,” Steele said. “I have the underwear I was wearing that day…hasn't been washed…I couldn't get McAllister to bring them in to show Sotka was a liar.”

Steele also took issue with Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan telling the court he had liposuction after his heart surgery. Whelan said undergoing the procedure shows Steele wasn't bed-ridden and incapable after the surgery. Steele said the procedure wasn't “frivolous” and was done because he was self conscious about his breast size.

The FBI and U.S. Attorney's Office disputes Steele's claims of lies and corruption. “Mr Steele was targeted for investigation, convicted at trial and sentenced to prison ebcause of his own criminal conduct, and for no other reason,” according to a statement by the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Old March 27th, 2012 #2514
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Recorder Details from Government Supply Specs

Here is the specs on the recorder that was used to nail Steele. It is disguised as a key fob and was carried in Fairfax's pocket. It has no moving parts or headphone capability and can only be downloaded to a host computer. Photos of various forms available are shown.

Quote:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?tab=core&s...964138aeae0640

LI 003, FLEX8F Audio only 13.4 hr stereo single board recorder (1.75"x0.9"x0.2") *
(One in Chassis w/Remote on/off & one as Keyfob)

Tiny circuit card can be removed from chassis to be embedded in almost anything! Built in USB interface Uses a flat rechargeable Lithium cell battery Comes with battery and charger

Data archived via USB2 port to DVD or CD

View and create analog copies from your Pc

Specifications

Size 1.4" x 0.8" x 0.18"

Weight varies with concealment

Operating Voltage 3v

Recording Time vs. Quality No Compression 13.4 hrs. 2:1 Compression 27 hrs.

Recording Time vs. Battery Type Flat Lithium Battery various capacity Custom

Concealments Watch, GM Key, FOB Key Chain, Zippo
157643-2514

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; March 29th, 2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: formatting

Old March 28th, 2012 #2515
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Smile FBI Recorder Safeguards

Steele's attorney's have made a big stink over the fact that the original recordings were destroyed. They are stuck in the 20th century. All copies of digital recordings are properly considered original.

A hash function is somewhat like a check sum. All the bits of the recording are entered into a complex mathematical function. In this case that function is used to produce a 32 byte string of digits called a hash. This same function can be used on a copy of that recording to see if it is still exactly the same as the original.

Here is an explanation of the details of the recorder by an FBI examiner. The original link is a photo type pdf file and I retyped it.

Quote:
http://stopnetspend.com/steele/recorder/hashmark.pdf

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF IDAHO

Criminal Case No. 10-CR-148-BLW

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Plaintiff,

v.

EDGAR STEELE,
Defendant
I, David J. Snyder, III, being duly sworn, depose and say as follows, based on information and belief, the source of which is my training and experience with the FBI in the Forensic Audio, Video and Image Analysis Unit as a Forensic Audio Examiner for 11 years. I have been admitted as an expert in the disciplines of audio enhancement, analog and digital authenticity in Federal, State and Local courts on several occasions. I have a BS degree in Electronics Engineering Technology and an AS in Electrical Engineeering Technology.

1.Duplicate copies of the recordings listed as 1D1 (6/9/10) and 1D2 (6/10/10) by the Federal Bureau of Investigation were provided to the defense in the proprietary format with a version of the proprietary player.

2.The files on 1D1 (6/9/10) and 1D2 (6/10/10) also have "hash values", which are obtained by using a mathematical algorithm to produce a 32-character string value, similar to a finger print, which uniquely indentifies the original data. By comparing the original file's hash value against the hash value of any purported coped of the original file, an examiner can quickly confirm whether the copy is a true, complete and accurate copy of the original. The reliability of hash values is well-established with the computer software, computer forensic examiner, audio forensic examiner and video forensic examiner fields. The hash values of the orginal file matched the copies provided to the defense.

3.The audio recorder used to produce the recordings referenced above was a Flex8F audio recorder.

4.Audio recorded on the Flex8F recorder cannot be monitored or reviewed until it is transferred from the recorder to a computer workstation. A recorder can be connected to a computer workstation to view the session log, but the audio cannot be monitored or reviewed as a feature to protect against tampering. If the recordings are not transferred additional recordings can be added to the recorder.

5.Once recordings are transferred to the computer workstation, the recorder must be erased before new recordings can be produced, also as a hardware protection against tampering.

6.Files transferred from the recorder can be written directly to write-once media, such as a CD-R or DVD-R, as an additonal protection against tampering.

I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is correct on this 15th day of September, 2011.

David J. Snyder III

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; April 4th, 2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: update link

Old March 29th, 2012 #2516
8Man
"moderate" radical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Steele's attorney's have made a big stink over the fact that the original recordings were destroyed. They are stuck in the 20th century. All copies of digital recordings are properly considered original. Opinion only, that is not neccessarily true.

A hash function is somewhat like a check sum. All the bits of the recording are entered into a complex mathematical function. In this case that function is used to produce a 32 byte string of digits called a hash. This same function can be used on a copy of that recording to see if it is still exactly the same as the original.

The 16-byte MD5 hash function has been 'spoofable' for years. How do you know a 32-byte hash can't be spoofed?

Here is an explanation of the details of the recorder by an FBI examiner. The original link is a photo type pdf file and I retyped it.

The FBI evidence labs have a history involving evidence tampering.
Of course the FBI's evidence handling procedures are self-serving, but to avoid criticism they should provide more details on how they preserve the authenticiy of the alledged evidence- not just "trust us".

See: Info on how 16-byte hashes are spoofed.

Old March 29th, 2012 #2517
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Hash Function Spoofing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Man View Post

The FBI evidence labs have a history involving evidence tampering.
Of course the FBI's evidence handling procedures are self-serving, but to avoid criticism they should provide more details on how they preserve the authenticiy of the alledged evidence- not just "trust us".

See: Info on how 16-byte hashes are spoofed.
It is beyond argument that FBI labs have a history of evidence tampering. They got their fingers burned many years ago and have apparently changed their ways.

It is also beyond argument that Steele's so called experts have repeatedly made fools of themselves in this case. I am not an authority on hash functions. It seems to me that the Steele camp should show us how to defeat the 32 byte hash algorithm which was used on the recordings. Let's see them come up with a random recording that has the same 32 byte hash function.

Keep in mind that the government had only 10 days after Steele's arrest to come up with the supposedly faked recordings before Cyndi heard them. This includes all of the hash function work. It is impossible to fake two 30 minute recordings in that time frame. It would have been so much simpler to plant some cocaine in the trunk of Steele's vehicle.

I saw a post on another forum which settled this issue. If the recordings are fake, Fairfax has to be in on it. No FBI agent in their right mind would risk prison since Fairfax is a known blackmailer and turncoat. Fairfax is also too stupid to be a good enough liar and actor to handle a hoax like this. You may have forgotten about Steele's steamy love letters written to his Ukrainian girlfriend from his jail cell.

Old March 30th, 2012 #2518
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Steele Admits Steamy Love Letters Were His

I missed this from the sentencing hearing. Steele readily admits that he wrote the steamy love letters to Tatyana Loginova from jail. He also falsely claims that the recordings were in dispute. Fairfax testified that the recordings were accurate. Steele had EVERY opportunity to testify that the voice on the recording was not his and did not do so.

Quote:

http://stopnetspend.com/steele/sentence.pdf

64-11

They were played in the courtroom; and yet you said that it hadn't been put in dispute. There was a letter attached to the deposition transcript of that lady from Ukraine. I wrote the letter. Nobody ever asked me if I did, if I'd authenticate it. I would have. I did. And I had reasons for doing it that didn't have anything to do with running off with a near teenager to dump my wife.

In that letter I told her that they had recordings that were falsified. That was before the court; and yet you said it was irrelevant because nobody had brought it into dispute. My wife had testified that it wasn't my voice on those recordings, but you said that Dr. Papcun couldn't testify because nobody had put the authenticity of the recordings into dispute. Time and again, it was put into dispute, Judge.
For the Steele cheerleaders who doubt that he is crazy I repost his steamy love letter written from his jail cell. It was to his sweetie Tatyana Loginova in the Ukraine.

Quote:
http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1298959#2023
Letter to Tatyana Loginova from Steele

26 and 27 June, 2010 Spokane County Jail, Spokane Washington.

Needless to say, I miss you something terrible. It has been nearly three weeks since we last saw each other via Skype. Had I known this would happen, I would never have let you go that morning."

I know that I am supposed to act as though I am genuinely interested in other girls, I know that I should play hard to get. I know that I should act as though I am the prize here, not you. I don't want to play games with you. Always, I have told you the simple truth about how I feel about you, and I promise always to do just that. "You will come to Kiev for a couple of days after I first arrive. And then, all too soon, I will have to take you to the airport for your flight back to Lugansk. I know that I will then be even more lost without you than I am now.

I will come to Lugansk sooner than I planned and find reasons to hang around. Think seriously on coming with me on a tour of Crimea, Sweetheart. "I drive myself crazy thinking of these times and of you, Tanya. I so long to finally be at your side and hear that sparkling laugh and see your beautiful smile in person, my love."

I have been doodling with months and countries. I'm determined to live outside America when this is all over. Listen, Sweetheart, to what I have come up with and tell me what you think:

May-September, five months, Ukraine.
October-December, three months, USA.
12/28-1/15, half month, Ukraine.
January 15th-April, three-and-a-half months, Panama,

So we spend winter someplace warm, and we both get to spend Christmas with our families. Ukraine would be our home base. With our permanent family home there, we would rent or stay in hotels whenever outside Ukraine. I can write anywhere, of course, and would plan on producing two books each year, easy to do, and will provide us a very comfortable income, too.

You could, perhaps, go to school in Panama, if you like, or summer school in Ukraine, or we could find you something to do -- work at something, language instructions? Take care of our babies, make love to me, whatever will make you happy. You get to be near friends, family for half of every year. I get the same for three months each year. We both get to be warm for the winter, which can be like a huge, extended vacation each year. Our kids learn both Russian and English as they grow up. It sounds great to me. What do you think, my love?"

July 3, I wish my son would come back up. Your surprise was sitting on the table in my house when all this happened. My ex promised me that she would mail it to you over a month ago, but I just learned that she never mailed it to you. I'm so sorry, Sweetheart. I'm trying to get one of the kids to get it from her and get it mailed to you. Your surprise, is a teddy bear that I have named 'Eddie Bear,' a copy of my book, and a copy of a magazine about the area.

I hope you haven't given up on me, Tanya. This truly has been out of my control. Remember how much I care for you always. I hope you haven't given up on me, Tanya. This truly has been out of my control. Remember how much I care for you always. I begin to suspect that my ex may be behind all this. I will tell you all about her another time. She knows that you are very special to me, and I am sure that's why she hasn't sent your box, as she promised me that she would do.

Two weeks ago, I was arrested on a phoney charge and now sit in jail, awaiting my trial now set for the end of August. This will be the trial of my life. I hope to win it, of course. Never before have I ever been in jail or even arrested. This has been a huge shock to me but not really a surprise. They have been after me for a long time because of my outspoken criticism of U.S. government and power brokers, both in my writing and in my public speeches.

This is a side of me that I am sure you have yet to discover, my love. I was to tell you--I was to tell you all about it when we meet in Kiev this year, and I still will.

The charge against me is false (underlined), Tanya. Here is what happened: A man who worked for me stole silver bullion that I had hidden on my property, about U.S. $45,000, in parenthesis. He tried to kill me before I discovered the theft but failed. Then he went to the ADL, an American Jewish organization, that has hated me for many years because of cases I have tried as a lawyer and because of my writings and speeches. The ADL manufactured audiotapes using recordings this man secretly had made of me talking and also using some of many thousands of hours of audio of mine available over the Internet. The phoney tapes make it sound like I tried to hire the man to kill my ex-wife.
I am furious at the giant fraud that the Steele camp perpetrated upon the White Nationalist community. Steele has an excuse. He is crazy. His wife, family and attorneys do not. White Nationalism now has five convicted pipe bombers serving time in Federal prisons. Two of them are self professed. The Jews must be howling in laughter.

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; March 30th, 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo

Old March 30th, 2012 #2519
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Were Death Threat Calls Reported to the FBI?

Steele made a big deal of the death threats left on his phone by what sounded like an obnoxious Jew. See http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/columns/tomorrow.htm among others. He claims that the Famous But Incompetent refused to investigate further because they found out that organizations like the SPLC, ADL and JDL were behind it.

This agent was in charge of FBI operations in Northern Idaho at the time of the calls. He claims not to have even known who Steele was. This agent has put his career with the FBI on the line with this affidavit. Steele may be lying about ever reporting these calls to the FBI. If he lied about this, he was not crazy at the time and had no excuse. Inquiring minds want to know.

The original document is in pdf photo scan and I retyped it below.

Quote:
http://stopnetspend.com/steele/bogustel/bogustel.pdf

Case 2:10-cr-00148-BLW Document 305-2 Filed 09/23/11

STATE OF IDAHO
County of Kootenai
)
)
)
Affidavit of Donald E. Robinson, Jr.

1. I, Donald E. Robinson, Jr., Supervisory Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), being duly sworn, affirm and state:

2. I have been employed as a Special Agent with the FBI since December 1991. I have been a Supervisory Special Agent since February 2002 and have served in both the Criminal Investigative and Counterterrorism Divisions of FBI Headquarters. During my career I have investigated and/or supervised a myriad of criminal and national security investigations, to include drug trafficking, bank robbery, murder for hire, racketeering, Indian Country matters and terrorism matters. Since February 2005 I have been assigned as the Supervisory Senior Resident Agent of the Coeur d'Alene and Lewiston Resident agencies of the FBI. I supervised the murder for hire investigation involving Edgar Steele.

3. In have reviewed the Motion for New Trial (Dkt 291) and the attachments.

4. In the August 8, 2011 affidavit of Cyndi Steele (Attachment to Docket 291) she asserts that prior telephonic death threats targeting her husband and other members of her family were reported to the FBI. (Page 7, paragraph d). She further claims that her husband later informed her that the FBI told him that the threatening calls were traced back "Non-governmental Organizations" (NGOs) such as the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), Anti Defamation League (ADL) and the Jewish Defense League (JDL). (Page 7, paragraph d). She continues to state "when the FBI's investigation confirmed the origin of these calls was from these NGOs, it refused to take any action because of what appears to be a special relationship between these NGOs and the FBI- creating a strong inference of linkage between the threats from these organizations and the prosecution of my husband on false charges of murder-for-hire" (page 7, paragraph d).

5. As the Supervisory Senior Resident Agent of the Coeur d'Alene and Lewiston Resident agencies of the FBI since February of 2005, I am responsible for approving the initiation of all investigations. I also review all citizen complaints. During my tenure there have been no investigation into alleged threats against Edgar Steele. In fact, I was unaware of who Edgar
Steele was.

6. In response to Mrs. Steele allegations, I conducted a search of FBI indices and found no reference to any complaint by Mr. Steele, or any member of his family, regarding threatening communications of any kind.

7. FBI procedure and policy provides that when a citizen complaint of criminal activity is reported to the FBI, this complaint is documented and recorded in FBI indices.

8. There nothing in the FBI indices which indicates the FBI "confirmed the origin" of the call as coming from the specified NGOs. In order to determine the origin of telephone calls the FBI would have to obtain legal process, either in the form of a court order or Grand Jury Subpoena which would have also been documented in FBI records. No such records exist.

9. In my capacity as Supervisory Senior Resident Agent, I cannot opine as to what information Cyndi Steele was told by her husband. However, I can opine that no such report was made to the FBI. I can also opine the FBI would not have declined to pursue an investigation based upon external pressure of a NGO.

10. I have read and reviewed all reports generated by FBI personnel in this case.

11. I am familiar with FBI policy, procedure and practice regarding electronic and physical surveillance.

12. In reviewing the reports and speaking with those involved I am unaware of any violation of any FBI policy as alleged in the motion.

13. There is an allegation that S/A Sotka failed to listen to the recording on the initial device (DKT 291, paragraph 4). There is also an allegation that the "Tic Taks" were not on original recording. (Dkt. 291, paragraph 4).

14. I am familiar with the recording device used in this case.

15. There is no speaker on the recording device which allows one to replay the recording independently of a computer. The initial download onto a disc of the recording is the original evidence. Sf A Sotka followed the proper procedures.

16. I listened to the original recording and the "Tick Taks" were very apparent on that recording.

17. I was present at the September 20, 2010 meeting with Cyndi Steele and Mr. Hoyt which is referenced in Mrs. Steele affidavit on page 13, paragraph 14. At no time did AUSA Whelan laugh at Mrs. Steele. I recall her shaking her head with incredulity at the assertion the FBI would not investigate a pipe bomb on someone's car because Larry Fairfax has "something on" the FBI.

AFFIDAVIT OF
DONALD E. ROBINSON, JR.

Further this affiant sayeth naught.

Donald E. Robinson Jr
Supervisory Senior Resident Agent

Subscribed and sworn to before me this 7th day of September, 2011.

Peggy Johnson
Notary Public for Idaho
Residing at: Coeur d'Alene, ID
My Commission Expires: 12/16/16

Last edited by Donald E. Pauly; March 30th, 2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: typos

Old March 31st, 2012 #2520
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Steele Letter to Judge

This nine page handwritten letter from Steele to the judge has been posted before but never given the attention that it deserves. It gives a bit more insight into his mental condition. I retyped it from the photos posted at the link below.

Steele mentions "E&O" which is a term used by accountants (He is also one). This means "errors and omissions" which is what they get sued for over an improper audit or if they misbehave as a controller. The term is NEVER used to describe legal malpractice. Steele worries that if he demands money from McAllister for malpractice, that he will never find another lawyer who will touch him.

Steele whines about the confidentiality of his legal mail being violated but has forgotten how he abused that system to write steamy love letters to his Ukrainian honey Tatyana Loginova.

This is not the kind of letter that we would expect from the Edgar Steele of old before he went crazy. His spelling and sentence structure is good but the letter is quite bizarre. It appears from the court files that the judge answered this letter but the reply is sealed.

Quote:
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/wp-...letter_pg1.jpg
thru
http://www.free-edgar-steele.com/wp-...letter_pg9.jpg

Confidential Legal Mail

Edgar Steele
Latah County Jail
POB 8068
Moscow, Id

July 14, 2011

Hon. B, Lynn Winmill, Judge
U.S. district Court for Idaho

Re:US v. Steele, Case No. 2110-CR-148-BLW

Dear Judge Winmill:

In accordance with your order during last week's hearing, I write you to request permission to contact (confidentially) two lawyers who are not my Attorney of Record at present:

? Riordan of San Francisco, CA
?Benjamin of ?, Idaho

If I have trouble getting these two lawyers' phone numbers, how do I confidentially secure them?

This rule of yours, restricting my confidential communications to only my attorney "of record" is new to me and raises a great many questions as to how I am to observe it:

1.For example, I have been forbidden confidential access, even to my previous attorney of record, Robert McAllister, through a phone number he gave me that is answered in the name of a furniture store warehouse. How do I use such numbers to confidentially call my attorney of record?

2.Must I secure your permission each and every time I wish to confidentially contact an attorney who is not my attorney of record? That is, the same attorney, again and again?

3.Must I secure your permission to send confidential "legal mail" to attorneys not "of record"?

4.How does an attorney not "of record" contact me confidentially? Must he first secure your permission, too?

5.You specified in court that I must contact you, judge, which is why I write to you today (though I am having difficulty getting your phone number or address).

6.This is course, constitutes an ex-parte communication with this court, which I thought was frowned upon if not actually illegal. Should I contact you through someone else? If so, then who?

7.Should I be contacting you only through my attorney of record? If so how do I keep confidential from him the fact of my communication with other lawyers?

8.How do I call any attorney, even my attorney of record, if I am short of funds? Calls here at Latah County Jail cost me $0.50 per minuute, which mounts up quickly.

9.If I am not to contact you ex-parte, how do I seek your permission to confidentally contact an attorney not "of record" and keep that fact from the prosecution, not to mention the rest of the world?

10.I have been so distressed by how much of this case against me has been conducted in secret (closed hearings, sealed filings, all those trial sidebars that I was forbidden by you from attending, and so on). Even so, some documents have disappeared from the court record and I see that the trial transcript has been altered in places. I am not suggesting that you would be a party to such things, judge (except denial of my access to side bar conferences, of course), but I truly am disturbed by how both the facts of my prosecution have been hidden and the documentation of how it was conducted now seem to be disappearing. How can I possibly organize an effective appeal? Even so I would like to have some confidentially for my attorney contacts.

11.After the way I was deceived by Spokane and Bonner County Jail Deputies, I simply do not trust any jail's personnel to honor my attorney-client confidentiality, not to mention the US Attorney's Office and the US Marshall's Service. How do I keep them from knowing about such contact, let alone prevent their secretly listening despite written jail policies and specific assurances to the contrary?

13.Spokane County Jail opened my marked legal mail, copied it and gave the copies to the US Attorney (just my letters to attorneys not "of record", I think, though I cannot be sure). In order to comply with your new, more liberal rule, how do I designate such attorneys to the jail so that I do not have that intrusion continue, yet still comply with your rule?

14.Is this letter going to be opened and read by the US Attorney's Office, since you are not my "attorney of record"?

15.It is too late for me to talk confidentially with other lawyers before the deadline to file post-trial motions? Is there some form of expedited request approval for me to speak confidentially with attorneys not "of record"?

16.I had a hard enough time securing McAllister and now, Hoyt to sign on as my attorneys of record. McAllister absolutely committed legal malpractice leading to my conviction. I must file a claim with his E&O insurance to finance my appeal, since all my funds (and then some) were expended upon McAllister's representation. Once word of that claim gets out, no lawyer in American will be willing to come near me. How do I avoid that taint from attaching to me?

17.Speaking of taints, I was absolutely doomed to conviction by your ruling that I had waived my right to confidentiality in my calls and letters, previously, to attorneys "not of record". If I do manage to secure a new trial on appeal and if I somehow can find a way to pay for it and if I find a good lawyer to handle my appeal, How do I remove that taint from the US Attorney's files or, for that matter, from your mind? This worries me greatly, judge.

18.Finally, why do the USMS policies forbidding confidential (sic) in my communications with attorneys not "of record" trump the Federal Rules and Bar Ethics Rules, Judge, as you so clearly intimated by your remarks during last week's hearing?

Judge, I do not mean to be contradictory, impertinent or even, disagreeable with you. The stakes (the rest of my natural life) are too high for me to risk that sort of behavior. However, I am in a fight, literally for my life and now, with four unjust convictions, my back truly is against the wall.

I have been held in jail, essentially incommunicado, for over a year, therefore prevented from any meaningful defense of myself while I have had two truly horrible and incompetent "do nothing" attorneys of record. Now my money is gone and I wonder how I can pay for the motions or appeal, let alone a new trial. I feel like a drowning man, going down the for third time. Please help me! All I have been asking for is a level playing field, not the stacked deck I have been facing. Just simple fairness, Judge. Why do I not seem to deserve even fundamental fairness?

By the way, every time I am taken to Kootenai County Jail for holding in relation to hearings befoe you, I am treated in truly horrible fashion by some of the meanest and rudest County Deputies I ever have seen. I am held in a holding cell in Booking with no prvacy and no shower and forbidden anything to read, not even the Bible I regularly ask for. I must sit there on a concrete bench or a thin mattress on the floor, all day and all night with no rec time, nothing to read and with the temperatgure so low that I seem to shiver all the time. Do not even the Geneva Accords (to which the US is a signatory) forbid "cruel & unusual punishment", Judge?

Detention is not supposed to be punishment. I have spent a year being punished illegally. I really can't take it anymore. Please, Judge, help me!

Respectfully

Edgar J. Steele

Tags
edgar steele

Thread