VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 19th, 2010 #1
Walter E. Kurtz

Default TNB: Negro Shoots Self after Robbing Annapolis Safeway

Gunman robs store after hiding inside

Published 07/14/10
ANNAPOLIS — A gunman robbed a Safeway on Forest Drive late last night after hiding inside a restroom in the store, police said.

An officer, who had pulled over a car on a traffic violation in the parking lot of the store just before midnight, was hailed by employees as the armed man fled. The officer saw the man run around the corner of the store and heard a gunshot. A .40-caliber Smith and Wesson shell casing was found a few minutes later, police said.

An employee of the store told police he was taking a cigarette break outside the store and noticed the man enter the store. A few minutes later the employee went to the restroom, and the man emerged from behind the door, pointing a pistol at him, police said.

He ordered the employee, a nighttime stocker, to move toward the registers. The thief took $531.50 and ran off.

When he ran out of the store employees followed and yelled: “Help! We’ve just been robbed! He has a gun!”

The suspect was described as a black male, wearing a red hat, gray sweatshirt, dark pants and black Air Jordans with green accents, police said.

A perimeter was set up, including a K-9 unit, to no avail. The investigation is continuing.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/new...ng-inside.html

Accidental shooting leads to suspect
Published 07/15/10

ANNAPOLIS — City police yesterday arrested a Glen Burnie man who allegedly robbed the Safeway on Forest Drive Tuesday night and accidentally shot himself as he ran from the scene.
Brian Carlos Plattenburg, 28, was arrested after he went to a Baltimore hospital early yesterday, some five hours after the crime. He is being held without bail at the Jennifer Road Detention Center in Parole.
Harbor Hospital notified Baltimore City police of the gunshot, which apparently was a flesh wound. Plattenburg was turned over to Anne Arundel County police, and city police picked him up from the county’s Northern District.

Police on the scene reported they saw the suspect run around the Safeway building after being alerted by employees of the robbery around midnight. The officer then heard a shot. A .40-caliber shell casing was found at the scene.

Plattenburg had gone into the store and hid in the restroom, police said. When an employee entered the restroom, the suspect pulled a semiautomatic pistol and ordered the employee to go to the cash register area, where $531.50 was taken.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/new...o-suspect.html

Old July 20th, 2010 #2
John MacMillan

That's a couple of minutes from my grandparents house. A real nigger and spic infested area.

Thread