VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 23rd, 2017 #1
James Heimdal
Purveyor of Truth

Default France's Macron Suffers Approval Setback After Two Months in Job

Quote:
President Emmanuel Macron’s approval rating fell sharply in the past month as French voters were either confused by plans for the tax system, shocked by a dispute with the head of the army or unsettled by upcoming labor laws reform, an Ifop pollster told Journal du Dimanche.

The rating for Macron, elected in early May, fell 10 percentage points to 54 percent this month, the second-biggest decline for a French president so soon after election. Jacques Chirac dropped 15 points from his May 1995 election to July, the Paris-based pollster said.

Prime Minister Edouard Philippe’s approval rating also fell, by eight points to 56 percent. The survey for JDD was conducted by phone and online July 17-22 among 1,947 respondents; no margin of error was given... More

Old July 24th, 2017 #2
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

French President Emmanuel Macron is hardly an outsider or a rebel. He is a graduate of France’s elite École Nationale d’Administration. And he was finance minister under the previous president. So entrenched and unyielding is the French bureaucracy – France’s Deep State – that it would take a real firecracker to change it. Mr. Macron is not that kind of a guy.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rica-or-france

Old July 24th, 2017 #3
Dawn Cannon

I still keep asking myself why the fuck would the actual French have voted to reform their labour laws.

It's impossible.

Old July 25th, 2017 #4
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Cannon View Post
I still keep asking myself why the fuck would the actual French have voted to reform their labour laws.

It's impossible.
Those labor laws are really nice for civil servants and employees of large corporations, but for much of the rest of the population they are a considerable nightmare, in particular for those seeking employment and for small businesses looking to hire extra help.

Thread