Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 1st, 2022 #1
alex revision

Default Huge New Study Estimates There Are 9,200 Tree Species on Earth Yet To Be Discovered

Huge New Study Estimates There Are 9,200 Tree Species on Earth Yet To Be Discovered

Jan 31, 2022

Number of Earth’s tree species estimated to be 14% higher than currently known, with some 9,200 species yet to be discovered.

A new study involving more than 100 scientists from across the globe and the largest forest database yet assembled estimates that there are about 73,000 tree species on Earth, including about 9,200 species yet to be discovered.

The global estimate is about 14% higher than the current number of known tree species. Most of the undiscovered species are likely to be rare, with very low populations and limited spatial distribution, the study shows.

https://scitechdaily.com/huge-new-st...be-discovered/

Old February 1st, 2022 #2
Ray Allan

It's a great White achievement that we can explore space, but there are still many unknown and unexplored things right here on Planet Earth. We know more about the surface of Mars than the bottom of Earth's deepest oceans, for example.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old February 2nd, 2022 #3
JohnCarter
Banned

i used to live out sort of rural pennsylvania growing up, there was such an abundance of nature/plants , it was in area with some virgin forrest areas I was told, which are actually very rare especially on east coast, areas that had never been razed/cut down ever.

when they raze an area you know it's just catastrophic to all the insect species, that have been breeding there for millenia possibly and birds and everything, that's why i guess there was so a variety of birds.

but anyways, i had all the insect identification books this was pre internet , but I had the books with all the insect photos and classifications but I would gather insects and i just noticed there was so many that didn't really fit into any classification, we really had a great variety of insects, really bizarre insects that looked like leaves, twigs, every sort of caterpillar.

There was just lots of insects that really weren't classified, i was surprised by that just because you know, science and all don't they spend gazillions on science.

I noticed entymology scholarships are some of the ones that aren't claimed often, too bad, if you go to scholarship section in the library or something and ook through there's often entymology scholarships because it's actually a very important area of study obviously as far as crop production, nature preservation, possible THE most important

Old February 2nd, 2022 #4
Ray Allan

I don't like insects very much (most people don't), but they are the most overwhelmingly numerous life forms on this planet. Nearly all other life could be wiped out, including humans, and there would still be insects. You know, the old joke about cockroaches surviving everything. And they are very important in the ecological balance, some more than others.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Thread