VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 17th, 2015 #41
Whatheheck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
Niggers and spics, y'all got a LONNNNNG way to go.

Old June 5th, 2015 #42
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate
Default 21 minutes and 18 seconds into the following video is a Kettenkrad in action to witness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
...I wish BMW or somebody would make a modern version of the Kettenkrad...

Old June 6th, 2015 #43
Ray Allan

I've always wondered how the Me 262 would have fared against the Gloster Meteor or Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star, Britain's and the US's first-generation jet fighters. WW2 ended before this could happen, of course. I can't recall the specific performance data on all three planes offhand, but they were fairly evenly matched. Probably would depend on the skill of the pilot, as in most dogfights. As it was, the first jet-to-jet air battle didn't happen until the Korean War in 1950 when an F-80 (P for Pursuit was changed to F for Fighter when the US Air Force became a separate service in 1947) shot down a Soviet-made MiG-15 flown by North Korea. However, many Russian pilots were flying combat missions in N. Korean-marked aircraft.

It was a shame the Luftwaffe couldn't have fielded the 262 and the Horten-Gotha 229 flying wing sooner and in significant numbers. It might have had a devastating effect on the B-17s, B-24s, Lancasters and Halifaxes bombing Germany and may have even halted the bombing offensive long enough for the Germans to bring even more advanced planes and other weapons on line.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Last edited by Ray Allan; June 6th, 2015 at 03:25 AM.

Old June 6th, 2015 #44
Alyss
vnn member

Quote:
I've always wondered how the Me 262 would have fared against the Gloster Meteor or Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star, Britain's and the US's first-generation jet fighters. WW2 ended before this could happen, of course. I can't recall the specific performance data on all three planes offhand, but they were fairly evenly matched. Probably would depend on the skill of the pilot, as in most dogfights. As it was, the first jet-to-jet air battle didn't happen until the Korean War in 1950 when an F-80 (P for Pursuit was changed to F for Fighter when the US Air Force became a separate service in 1947) shot down a Soviet-made MiG-15 flown by North Korea. However, many Russian pilots were flying combat missions in N. Korean-marked aircraft.

It was a shame the Luftwaffe couldn't have fielded the 262 and the Horten-Gotha 229 flying wing sooner and in significant numbers. It might have had a devastating effect on the B-17s, B-24s, Lancasters and Halifaxes bombing Germany and may have even halted the bombing offensive long enough for the Germans to bring even more advanced planes and other weapons on line.
German jets were way ahead of any US/brit jets in WWII. I know germany was way ahead in jet engineering than US and britain.

Old June 7th, 2015 #45
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyss View Post
German jets were way ahead of any US/brit jets in WWII. I know germany was way ahead in jet engineering than US and britain.
That's right, and after the war ended, Americans, British and Russians scrambled as quickly as they could to steal all the German data, and incorporate it into their own designs. The first Russian production jet fighter, the MiG-9, used an identical copy of the Jumo 004 engine that powered the Me 262, and in some instances, the actual captured German engines. Stuff like swept and delta wings and flying wings like the US XB-49 bomber and even the present-day B-2 stealth bomber were all the result of German aeronautical research. And I've mentioned before how the US and Soviet missile and space programs were all jump-started by the V-2 rockets and German rocket engineers they got their hands on.

Old June 9th, 2015 #46
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Quote:
...It was a shame the Luftwaffe couldn't have fielded the 262 and the Horten-Gotha 229 flying wing sooner and in significant numbers...
Hitler got into the engineers' way, because he felt he always had to meddle. He placed priority in sea warfare which was unfortunate, because the Germans didn't know until too late that the Brits were using sonar to detect subs. Brit and Kwan jet propulsion scientists enjoyed the advantage of Churchhill and Roosevelt giving them full support and staying out of their projects. Despite obstacles, the Germans flew their jets, while the others couldn't get theirs together.

Old June 9th, 2015 #47
Alyss
vnn member

Quote:
That's right, and after the war ended, Americans, British and Russians scrambled as quickly as they could to steal all the German data, and incorporate it into their own designs. The first Russian production jet fighter, the MiG-9, used an identical copy of the Jumo 004 engine that powered the Me 262, and in some instances, the actual captured German engines. Stuff like swept and delta wings and flying wings like the US XB-49 bomber and even the present-day B-2 stealth bomber were all the result of German aeronautical research. And I've mentioned before how the US and Soviet missile and space programs were all jump-started by the V-2 rockets and German rocket engineers they got their hands on.
Yep. But many Americans don't see it that way and deny it.

The modern US stealth bomber we see today, germany had designed her 70 years ago. Most of The best white inventions came from Germany and Germans.

Its amazing how one type of whites (germans) out perform other whites neighbouring them and around the world.

Old June 9th, 2015 #48
Alyss
vnn member

Quote:
Yep, The modern US stealth fighter design was based on german design in 1940's. The whole of modern American "airforce, land-forces" copied germany.

Old June 9th, 2015 #49
Alyss
vnn member

[QUOTE=Samuel Toothgold;1855047He placed priority in sea warfare which was unfortunate, because the Germans didn't know until too late that the Brits were using sonar to detect subs.[/QUOTE]

Germany wasn't a naval country, so I have no idea why hitler focus on germanys navy; because germany had no navy. And declaring war on America when germany was still dealing with Britain and her navy force was a huge mistake when germany had no navy.

Old June 9th, 2015 #50
John Adams
Banned

Quote:
Germany wasn't a naval country, so I have no idea why hitler focus on germanys navy; because germany had no navy. And declaring war on America when germany was still dealing with Britain and her navy force was a huge mistake when germany had no navy.
Alyss, do you actually know anything about the 3rd Reich?
Category:World_War_II_naval_ships_of_Germany Category:World_War_II_naval_ships_of_Germany

Old June 9th, 2015 #51
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Are you serious?

Old June 11th, 2015 #52
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Quote:
Germany wasn't a naval country, so I have no idea why hitler focus on germanys navy; because germany had no navy...
Germany was never known as a seafaring country to the extent Britain and Holland were. Britain being an island and colonial had no choice than to form a navy. Especially, because piracy was well organized and a threat to high seas commerce.
Holland also had colonial ambitions which Germany really didn't, having only colonized some territory in Africa.
I guess, if you take in consideration that Germany was first united late in the 19th century, I suppose Germany could qualify as not having had a mentionable navy, simply because Germany didn't yet exist. German peoples did, however, used naval power to establish the Hansa Cities in the Baltic region which included Riga in Latvia:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=hanse...en%3B600%3B338

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; June 11th, 2015 at 02:33 AM.

Old June 12th, 2015 #53
Ray Allan

For a country that lacked a long naval tradition like Britain, Germany performed quite impressively in both World Wars, being as vastly outnumbered at sea as she was in 1914-18 and 1939-45. And to think the Kriegsmarine started WW2 with only 57 U-boats. When discussing the Battle of the Atlantic, most people think of the German U-boat, primarily the Type VIIC, like U-96 from Das Boot. Hitler was not a great naval strategist and generally let Admirals Raeder and Donitz handle it. Hitler's naval thinking was still in WW1 and was also a battleship lover; unfortunately the Bismarck didn't survive long in the Atlantic and the Tirpitz was bottled up in Norway most of the war due to superior Allied air and sea power. Not to sound like an armchair general after the fact, but Germany, in light of the size of the Royal Navy, probably should have put more emphasis before the war on the submarine force and commerce-raiding surface ships like the Deutschland class of "pocket battleships" instead of prestige ships like Bismarck. A few aircraft carriers like the Graf Zeppelin, which was never completed, would have been nice, too. Had a carrier been available in May 1941 to accompany the Bismarck and Prinz Eugen on Exercise Rhine, the British definitely would have had a tougher time attacking them.

http://www.kbismarck.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graf_Z...rcraft_carrier

Last edited by Ray Allan; June 12th, 2015 at 03:13 AM.

Old June 12th, 2015 #54
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default Hitler could have surrendered his intellectual vanity and joint ventured with the Nips into further developing the aircraft carrier sub:

But, then again, if they didn't know the Brits discovered sonar waves, it would have been in vain. Here, a paranoid Kwack admiral orders the sinking of the last prototype, so that the Soviets can't take it away from them :

Old June 12th, 2015 #55
Ray Allan

What an idiotic thing of the Amerikwan navy to do, sinking that sub. The wreck was only recently rediscovered off Hawaii.

Old June 12th, 2015 #56
Alyss
vnn member

Quote:
For a country that lacked a long naval tradition like Britain, Germany performed quite impressively in both World Wars, being as vastly outnumbered at sea as she was in 1914-18 and 1939-45. And to think the Kriegsmarine started WW2 with only 57 U-boats. When discussing the Battle of the Atlantic, most people think of the German U-boat, primarily the Type VIIC, like U-96 from Das Boot. Hitler was not a great naval strategist and generally let Admirals Raeder and Donitz handle it. Hitler's naval thinking was still in WW1 and was also a battleship lover; unfortunately the Bismarck didn't survive long in the Atlantic and the Tirpitz was bottled up in Norway most of the war due to superior Allied air and sea power. Not to sound like an armchair general after the fact, but Germany, in light of the size of the Royal Navy, probably should have put more emphasis before the war on the submarine force and commerce-raiding surface ships like the Deutschland class of "pocket battleships" instead of prestige ships like Bismarck. A few aircraft carriers like the Graf Zeppelin, which was never completed, would have been nice, too. Had a carrier been available in May 1941 to accompany the Bismarck and Prinz Eugen on Exercise Rhine, the British definitely would have had a tougher time attacking them.

http://www.kbismarck.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graf_Z...rcraft_carrier
Germany kicked arse, just too bad Britain and US butted in. Germany was made to be ruler of Europe. She had the army and technology to do so. Germany never needed an navy to rule Europe. But by WWII, war and ruling was done by the air and sea, and germany was still based on land military.

Old June 14th, 2015 #57
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default A German "Beefer" gets copied. Both use sideways-turned spaceheater burners:

Old June 14th, 2015 #58
Ray Allan

Thanks for posting that, Sam. I know we focus a lot on WW2 in this thread, but Germans invent and build many other fine things besides weapons of war.

I wonder if George Foreman stole his grill from a German?

Old June 15th, 2015 #59
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Default That's not a grill. It's a waffle printer:

Old June 15th, 2015 #60
Ray Allan

Quote:
That's not a grill. It's a waffle printer:

Tags