VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 17th, 2005 #16
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett
...........the 42 Dancer (Ive owned two Sundancers) in your previous post is also an awesome choice for an upscale family cruiser, but my alltime favorite puddle jumper is Hatteras ...look at this beautiful 68 C with enclosed flybridge...you are looking at one of the finest American-made pleasure craft available IMHO...but at the steep price tag they are asking for this sweet beauty, Ill have to be satisfied with my banged up Steiger and open cockpit Fountain for awhile, LOL!

The accomodations aboard this Hat are first class ...look at the fuckin hull design, she looks like one of the latest hi-tech blue water designs being built at Ingalls for the military, and she's outfitted with just about every imaginable type of sea-going electronics there is. Its the kind of boat Hemingway would have traded his beloved Pilar for in a heartbeat, if he had ever lived to see one. Exquisite ...
Cheers
Yes my dad used to talk up the Hatteras all the time. He had a 49 Pacemaker back when I was a wee tyke.

But here's another saying I got from my dad: "A boat is a hole in the water into which a man pours money."

As for Fountains, I am familiar with those as well. We were just swilling beer off the back of a biggie with twin bigfuckingblocks in it, dont know how big, it moves at a decent clip, a couple weekends ago, wife and kids and a few others. That is a fun boat, but yes, I would prefer a searay for family fun.

I just look at these things, I can't afford em. I told my wife to give it ten years. LOL

Thread