Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > People (includes actors)
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old February 26th, 2015 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post I don't make phone calls and observe the Sabbath on Friday and Saturday after converting to Judaism, reveals Ivanka Trump in Vogue

Ivanka converted in 2009 ahead of her marriage to New York Observer owner Jared Kushner, whose family are Orthodox Jews

The mother-of-two, 33, calls the conversion 'such a great life decision'

Published: 17:12 EST, 25 February 2015 |

Ivanka Trump has spoken about her conversion to Judaism for the first time in the new issue of Vogue.

The mother-of-two, 33, whose father, Donald, is Presbyterian, converted in 2009 ahead of her marriage to New York Observer owner Jared Kushner, whose family are Orthodox Jews.

'It's been such a great life decision for me,' she tells the magazine. 'I am very modern, but I'm also a very traditional person, and I think that's an interesting juxtaposition in how I was raised as well.

Scroll down for video

'I really find that with Judaism, it creates an amazing blueprint for family connectivity . . .

'We observe the Sabbath,' she continues. 'From Friday to Saturday we don't do anything but hang out with one another. We don't make phone calls.'

But, Ivanka adds, she has been reluctant to discuss the subject in the past.

'I always shied away from it being a public conversation because it's such a personal thing,' she says. 'We're pretty observant, more than some, less than others. I just feel like it's such an intimate thing for us.'

The former model-turned-businesswoman says her marriage is a far cry from her parents' who divorced in 1992 after 15 years and three children together.

'I saw the glamour and the excitement that surrounded my parents,' she recalls. 'Rooms would hush when they'd walk in. But I think for Jared and me, it's more about real relationships. I always prefer smaller groups.'

The couple go out together almost every night, Ivanka reveals, as soon as she has bathed Arabella, three, and Joseph, 17 months, and put them to bed.

Indeed, being a hands-on mother is important to her, though she does have the support of a Chinese nanny, XiXi, who is teaching the children to speak Mandarin.

'I would say she is definitely the CEO of our household, whereas I'm more on the board of directors,' says Jared. 'We both pick up slack for each other where it's needed, but she doesn't want to outsource mothering, so she's very involved.'

Ivanka jokes that her husband's idea of a date night is a visit to one of his development sites. It's just as well she shares his passion for real estate development.

In all seriousness though, the pair seem to have remained besotted with one another, even six years on.

'You realize in life not that many things matter that much, but your choice of spouse is really everything,' Ivanka says. 'I am running a thousand miles a minute, and so is he, but none of it really matters. And I wouldn't be able to do any of it if I didn't have somebody who cared about me and had my best interests in mind.

'If I was married to somebody who, even if beneath the surface, didn't like the fact that I work so hard or didn't support my ambitions for myself or felt self-conscious about my last name . . . I think it would be very hard to build a solid foundation on that.'

read full article at source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...aism-time.html

Old February 27th, 2015 #2
C18 Australia
Banned

I hope she falls off a tower balcony.

Tags
donald trump, trump versus the jew

Thread