VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 25th, 2017 #1
alex revision

Default Google refuses to ban sale of IRA T-shirts

Google refuses to ban sale of IRA T-shirts

IRA victims are furious at a decision by Google to continue selling T-shirts online which glorify the terrorist group.

In a move that's been met with disbelief, Google is refusing to halt the sale of the items because the IRA doesn't appear on a list of US foreign terrorists, despite the organisation being banned in the UK.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-36163773.html

Old October 7th, 2017 #2
Erik T. White

In the late 1960s when I was in my first residential university there was a "professor" of English that I was warned never, ever, to get for a mandatory
humanities class. He had been in the IRA and would discuss it with students if asked. He loved to frequent our student hangouts and tell things only an insider would know. I warned my pals not to get him for a class, ever. Four of my brightest pals decided to take his course entitled "The Novel." The bastard had them read one 500 page, or over 500 page novel every two days, then gave exams just about impossible to pass. We were bullshitting one afternoon in our dorm and my four pals said they wished they had followed my advice. They even said that I could make A grades in physical chemistry, etc., but even I would be lucky to get a C grade under this bastard. They were all flunking after midterms.

Luckily, the SOB curved the grades or the entire class would have failed!!!!

And, he wasn't tenured. The school grapevine said the head of the English department read him the proverbial "riot act" and warned him that one more stunt like that and he would NEVER get tenure.

He did wise up...until he got tenure.

14/88

Erik

Last edited by Erik T. White; October 7th, 2017 at 05:51 PM. Reason: clarification

Old October 17th, 2017 #3
Donncha Dennis

Why not they sell every other kind of shirt on there? Its a matter of perspective I suppose. Then again if you don't like what someone is wearing just look the other way?

Old October 18th, 2017 #4
Robert Ransdell

I would imagine that the album that this song was released on as well as the upstanding gentleman/band that performed it would not be permitted for sale on the same site. We have a need for a breakaway I think because of this sort of thing.

- George Lincoln Rockwell concluding his speech at Brown University in 1966

Thread