Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old 1 Week Ago #1161
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Meadows View Post
The Croatian artist Marko Purišić a.k.a Baby Lasagna has really taken the world by storm with his excellent Eurovision entry Rim Tim Tagi Dim. This guy wasn't even supposed to compete in the Croatian try-out for the Eurovision Song Contest, but one of the competitors dropped out at the last minute, so he jumped in to replace her, and his performance - which was his first performance as a solo artist since he's not really a singer, but a guitarist in some small rock band - was so great that he won a landslide victory, and now he's set to represent his country in Europe.

The song Rim Tim Tagi Dim, which he wrote himself, and which is largely considered to be the best Eurovision entry this year, might sound a bit silly to some, but it's actually very profound as it's about a young man who is (reluctantly) leaving his beloved village to go to the big city or another country to find work and escape poverty, which is a pretty big problem in today's Croatia.

I've been watching and listening to all these youtube "reaction videos" where people (radio/podcast hosts, music experts as well as ordinary people) from all over the world watch and comment on Baby Lasagna, and virtually everyone says that his performance (in the Croatian final) was great. This is the one I'm talking about:

Baby Lasagna - Rim Tim Tagi Dim | Croatia ðŸ‡*🇷 | National Final Performance | Eurovision 2024

The official video was apparently directed by Baby Lasagna's girlfriend, and the drummer is his brother. That's pretty cool.
Here are some of the reaction videos for Baby Lasagna's smash hit Rim Tim Tagi Dim that I've been watching:

Old 1 Week Ago #1162
Stewart Meadows

This Norwegian dude's over-the-top reaction to Baby Lasagna from the 2:40 mark and forward is fantastic and hilarious:

Old 1 Week Ago #1164
Lutador Branco

I don't speak, read or understand English.

And I don't speak, read or understand any foreign language.

All I do is understand a few words and sentences and use Google Translate.

I only master my own language Brazilian Portuguese.

This video is not subtitled; but the song mentioned is wonderful, and the Croatian YouTuber girl is a beautiful flower.

Old 6 Days Ago #1165
Stewart Meadows

The world loves Baby Lasagna, and the line "Meow cat, please meow back" has already become iconic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutador Branco View Post
I don't speak, read or understand English.

And I don't speak, read or understand any foreign language.

All I do is understand a few words and sentences and use Google Translate.
So you don't actually speak English, and you've been communicating and interacting with us all these years through Google Translate? That's quite frankly astonishing. But in any case, you've done a great job.

Old 6 Days Ago #1166
Lutador Branco

Yes, Comrade Stewart, the only way to interact with the American section of VNN, for me, is using Google Translator; and considering your observations, it seems that I managed to communicate well, thank you.

And thanks for this new beautiful Croatian girl from the new video...

Thread