VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 21st, 2013 #1
Cora McGuire

Cora McGuire
Default A Night for Christy: :LIVE STREAM

Just a heads up for anyone interested:

Quote:
A night in honour of Aslan lead singer Christy Dignam will be streamed live from Dublin’s Olympia Theatre worldwide next week and venues in Dubai, South Africa and Canada have already signed up to screen the event.

A Night for Christy takes place on June 21st and will see artists including Paul Brady, Shane MacGowan, Christy’s daughter Kiera Dignam, and Mary Black singing Aslan songs in tribute to Dignam who is currently recuperating after treatment for cancer.

The event show sold out within 24 hours of going on sale but Aslan have teamed up with online Irish TV service Aer TV are streaming the night to venues worldwide with over 100 establishments in Dubai, South Africa, Australia, Canada, the UK and across Ireland having already signed up.

The full list of venues participating will be announced closer to the event on www.aslan.ie and will be announced locally by each establishment. Venues interested in participating should contact [email protected] directly.

The one-off event will feature performances from Bressie, Danny O'Reilly (The Coronas), Horslips, Ryan Sheridan, Paul Brady, Shane MacGowan, Mary Black, Don Mescall, Tom Dunne (Something Happens), Jerry Fish, Steve Wall (The Stunning), Gavin Friday, Mark Feehily, Paul Walsh (Royseven), Kiera Dignam and a host of very special guests yet to be announced.

All artists have handpicked their favourite song from the Aslan setlist and will step into Christy's shoes (or perform barefoot!) for one night only.

Performances on the night will include fan favourites Crazy World, Too Late For Hallelujah, This Is, This Time, Gotta Make It, Down on Me, and Catch Your Fall.
LIVE STREAM HERE:
http://nfc.streamworksint.com/

Old June 22nd, 2013 #2
Bobby Bandanza
The anti-Jew.

Bobby Bandanza

I am not familiar with this band, however I do know who Shane MacGowan is. Many people probably do not know this, but MacGowan is actually Smith in English. That is going a little off topic though.

"Whatcha gonna do when Trumpamania and the largest rats of Judea Jew wild on you?!" - Me

Old June 22nd, 2013 #3
Cora McGuire

Cora McGuire

It was an absolutely gorgeous tribute to Christy Dignam of Aslan. I am not a hardcore fan myself by any means, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think just seeing how loved he is and the generous turn-out by so many Irish musicians to support one of their own was half of why it was so good.
Yet funny enough, although Shane MacGowan was advertised as to be appearing, I didn't see him at all!

U2 played a song via cam from NYC, and it was a bit ho-hum, but I have to say the concert live in Dublin was both moving and brilliant. I'm sorry you missed it, but if I hear of it being replayed again online I will be sure to post the link here.

Old June 23rd, 2013 #4
Jimmy McQuade
Hrvatski Prijatelj

Jimmy McQuade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora McGuire View Post
Yet funny enough, although Shane MacGowan was advertised as to be appearing, I didn't see him at all!
He was probably laying face down in the gutter in Barcelona or somewhere.

Old June 24th, 2013 #5
Cora McGuire

Cora McGuire

Show up on Youtube:

Tags
cancer fundraiser, christy dignam, dublin, music, shane macgowan

Thread