VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 25th, 2004 #61
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Default this, one of the best threads at this forum by far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan Lord

Yes me too. Have you read "Wagners Hitler" by Joachim Koehler? It is a fascinating and relatively objective study of the influence of Wagner upon the thoughts,beliefs and actions of Adolf Hitler.I strongly recommend this book to you.
I just looked this book up at amazon, and have added it to my list. I found another good one at the page about Wagner and the Greeks by M Owen Lee, who wrote a good book on the Ring Cycle which I bought from natvan.com.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Old December 11th, 2004 #62
Aryan Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
I just looked this book up at amazon, and have added it to my list. I found another good one at the page about Wagner and the Greeks by M Owen Lee, who wrote a good book on the Ring Cycle which I bought from natvan.com.

Now why has this most wonderful thread of mine been allow to die since I have been gone?

Old December 11th, 2004 #63
-LiveWire-
Banned

This is a beautiful thread I wanted to post something about the birth of Horus who was born on 25th December, and his mother was the great Goddess Isis but it's been done.

It's said that the Virgin Mary is based upon many of the powerful pagan goddesses, however Mary is frail in comparison. The name Mary (and also Magdaline) has a link with some ancient Aryan goddesses and heroines with names beginning with 'M.' Maid Marion was also another legendary version of Mary. It's nothing much to do with thread title but I I felt like adding this bit.

Old December 11th, 2004 #64
Aryan Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by -LiveWire-
This is a beautiful thread I wanted to post something about the birth of Horus who was born on 25th December, and his mother was the great Goddess Isis but it's been done.

It's said that the Virgin Mary is based upon many of the powerful pagan goddesses, however Mary is frail in comparison. The name Mary (and also Magdaline) has a link with some ancient Aryan goddesses and heroines with names beginning with 'M.' Maid Marion was also another legendary version of Mary. It's nothing much to do with thread title but I I felt like adding this bit.
Thank you Livewire for your contribution.
I agree with your remarks about Mary and also Maid Maion. And also does not Robin Hood also have a link with the god Woden?

Old December 11th, 2004 #65
-LiveWire-
Banned

Ah, I found something

http://www.geocities.com/longo44au/t...obinhoods.html

Old December 11th, 2004 #66
Aryan Lord

Quote:
Excellent find, thank you.

Old December 11th, 2004 #67
-LiveWire-
Banned

Sorry, this one is better http://www.boldoutlaw.com/realrob/realrob2.html

Old December 12th, 2004 #68
Aryan Lord

Quote:
Thank you very much Livewire,excellent link.

Old December 16th, 2004 #69
Magog

There are old myths of Abraham, who also minics the savior god. Krishna predates them both. jesus is the copy of many past savior gods. However, Krishna was real, and jesus was not.

Old December 20th, 2004 #70
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

sol invictus-- mitra-- jesus

birthday: winter solstice

december 25

I hear St Peter's was built on the ruin of a tauroboreum. Imagine that!

I wonder if Longinus was a Mithraist.

Old December 20th, 2004 #71
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
sol invictus-- mitra-- jesus

birthday: winter solstice

december 25

I hear St Peter's was built on the ruin of a tauroboreum. Imagine that!

I wonder if Longinus was a Mithraist.
I found it moving in the Passion when Longinus pierced Christ's side. He was sprayed with blood and water. Baptized if you will; a second baptism perhaps, after his first baptism as a Mithraist with the blood of a bull.

Old January 3rd, 2005 #72
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

this past sunday was the feast of Epiphany. Which marks the visit of the Persian Magi to the infant Christ. So, the scriveners of the New Testament signalled the relationship between Christ and the expected Incarnate Deity of Zoroastrianism and the relationship between Sol Invictus, the Roman Sun-God of Mithraism, a later incarnation of Zoroastrianism.

Or at least that is one possible explanation.

Old January 3rd, 2005 #73
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

to understand the "universalism" of Christianity in a more benevolent light than it is presented by the nation wreckers:

Does not the light of the sun shine down on us all? On Whites it shines back most brightly, and on blacks most dimly; but the reflection is separate from the Godhead itself.

Nothing about a Supreme Deity necessarily implies or requires the amalgamation of all mankind any more than it imlies the amalgamation of humans to apes.

Old January 4th, 2005 #74
Sieg

Quote:
What is different about Christianity is its emphasis on the Jews being the "chosen people" and the subordinate nature of the Aryan race and other races in relation to them. It is also a religion that elevates the weak,the ignoble,the foolish and the inferior above the strong,the noble,the wise and the superior.It is the single most deadly weapon in the arsenal of the Jews for the destruction of the Aryan race by turning Aryans into weak and inefectual men,burdened by false and unhealthy notions of "sin" and "guilt". Paganism in general and Odinism is particular does not recognise nor have any use for these Jewish concepts.As a Semitic religion it should be rejected by all thinking Aryans.
Well, why didn't you say so in the first place?! That, I agree with.

Actually, I'm not so sure about Christianity pushing that "Chosen People" thing. I think that stuff is mostly in Jew Fairy Tales: Part One, (aka, The Old Testament), isn't it?

Old January 4th, 2005 #75
Sieg

Quote:
Martyrs are to inspire the faithful.
Yeah, inspire the faithful to run like hell!

Sorry, AE, no disrespect. I just think it's gruesomely funny that there have been people who have actually submitted themselves voluntarily to unspeakable pain and hideous death simply because they thought that the god whom they loved and who they thought loved them, wanted it to happen to them. Unbelievable.

Wouldn't such a horrible thing tend to undermine the faith of the faithful, rather than strengthen it?

Old January 4th, 2005 #76
Sieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abzug Hoffman
Yeah, that's much better than going after an actual jew. Picking on christians is kosher as hell.
See, AH, how the yids have got us, coming and going. As Mr Linder says, "Jew sets up; jew knocks down". Of course the jew is actively knocking Christianity today. After all, he set it up, so he can knock it down whenever it suits him.

And the delicious irony (for the jew), is that WNs who are also knocking Christianity as a lie are suspected by their comrades of being traitors to the cause, or jews!

If Aryan Lord took your comments to heart, he'd probably want to stifle his rejection of something that he considers to be a jewish lie. Not good. I don't think we want to crucify our own people. That's kosher!

Old January 4th, 2005 #77
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg
Yeah, inspire the faithful to run like hell!

Sorry, AE, no disrespect. I just think it's gruesomely funny that there have been people who have actually submitted themselves voluntarily to unspeakable pain and hideous death simply because they thought that the god whom they loved and who they thought loved them, wanted it to happen to them. Unbelievable.

Wouldn't such a horrible thing tend to undermine the faith of the faithful, rather than strengthen it?
well you misunderstand Christian theology if you think that they believed that God willed their suffering. Actually they would have believed in free will and that ignorant or malicious men chose to cause them to suffer and that their steadfast endurance of suffering would glorify God. And, in fact, the pagan Romans found their hardihood inspiring and virtuous. Read up on Marcus Aurelius for a patrician Stoic's meditations. So the dramatic martyrdom of Christians lead in no small part to the conversion of Rome.

Monotheism is obviously superior to polytheism. The polytheistic myths of our ancestors deserve study and respect but not worship. If somebody is an atheist, they might as well be a monotheist, the two things are really not that far apart, but both atheism and monotheism are a wide gulf apart from polytheism.

Old January 4th, 2005 #78
Aryan Lord

Quote:
well you misunderstand Christian theology if you think that they believed that God willed their suffering. Actually they would have believed in free will and that ignorant or malicious men chose to cause them to suffer and that their steadfast endurance of suffering would glorify God. And, in fact, the pagan Romans found their hardihood inspiring and virtuous. Read up on Marcus Aurelius for a patrician Stoic's meditations. So the dramatic martyrdom of Christians lead in no small part to the conversion of Rome.

Monotheism is obviously superior to polytheism. The polytheistic myths of our ancestors deserve study and respect but not worship. If somebody is an atheist, they might as well be a monotheist, the two things are really not that far apart, but both atheism and monotheism are a wide gulf apart from polytheism.
Sorry but it is not "obvious" that "monotheism is superior to polytheism".
What is the basis of your argument?

Old January 4th, 2005 #79
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Sorry but it is not "obvious" that "monotheism is superior to polytheism".
What is the basis of your argument?
to begin with, the fact that monotheism in the form of Christianity or Islam has over-ran and rooted out nearly all previous polytheistic faiths. The only singificant exception being Hinduism. but that is purely material.

monotheism suggests one metaphysical reality; polytheism suggests multiple ones. dirt spirits here, water sprites there. local hoodoo that needs separate appeasment. a slightly more complicated version of animism.

wheras, monotheism suggests a unity of spiritual forces; polytheism suggests disparate forces. western science emerged out of the aristotelian-aquinas Christian metaphysics, which had supplanted the polytheistic view of the universe even among the late classical pagan Greeks.

I would suggest that both the late Germanic and late Greco-Roman pagan systems had become essentially monotheistic by virtue of attention on the "All Father." The other gods became lesser manifestations of the Deity, heroes and immanent manifestations like saints or whatever.

At least thats how I see it now.

Old January 4th, 2005 #80
Aryan Lord

Quote:
to begin with, the fact that monotheism in the form of Christianity or Islam has over-ran and rooted out nearly all previous polytheistic faiths. The only singificant exception being Hinduism. but that is purely material.

monotheism suggests one metaphysical reality; polytheism suggests multiple ones. dirt spirits here, water sprites there. local hoodoo that needs separate appeasment. a slightly more complicated version of animism.

wheras, monotheism suggests a unity of spiritual forces; polytheism suggests disparate forces. western science emerged out of the aristotelian-aquinas Christian metaphysics, which had supplanted the polytheistic view of the universe even among the late classical pagan Greeks.

I would suggest that both the late Germanic and late Greco-Roman pagan systems had become essentially monotheistic by virtue of attention on the "All Father." The other gods became lesser manifestations of the Deity, heroes and immanent manifestations like saints or whatever.

At least thats how I see it now.

I understand this development but my challenge to you is to demonstrate that monotheism is superior to polytheism and I do not think that this can be done anymore than I can demonstrate that polytheism is superior to monotheism.It is a position that we merely take.
One need hardly point out that polytheistic religions were supplanted by Islam and Xtianity due to the aggressive nature of those religions and their adherents.Lack of tolerance for polythieistic religions and their suppression is not a mark of superior development or spiritual evolution but military might.

Thread