Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 10th, 2007 #1
Sean Martin

Default Smith & Wesson selling new handguns for $49 -100.

Smith & Wesson selling new handguns for $49 -100.

Of course there is a catch. To get the S&W target 22lr auto for $49 one must buy a S&W shotgun. I have found their shotguns to have very bad design flaws that cause severe malfunctions. If the new ones are no better then I would skip that. However that gun (22lr) is around $200 new.

They are also selling their Sigma series of pistols for $100 if someone buys an M&P weapon. A local gun store is selling the Sigma’s for $325 (new) with a $50 rebate and 2 extra magazines for free. The gun usually sells for $299 here and magazines go for $25 each. So that is about $75 off the price of the gun altogether.

I have heard bad things online about the Sigma’s but I know several people that have bought them and everyone has said they were top quality weapons that didn’t jam and were fairly accurate. One of the gun storeowners I know has sold a couple hundred of them and he said he has never heard a single complaint about the gun.

So far these deals are not on the S&W homepage that I can see however I have seen them advertised in several local papers and on Shooting Gallery and Shooting USA.

For the price these are hard to beat deals. I am not sure why S&W is dumping their guns, but lately guns are increasing in value instead of dropping once they become a “used” gun. I have seen some guns cost more used now than they did new a couple years ago.

http://www.smith-wesson.com

Here is the cashback deal.

Quote:
Only 1-$50.00 Rebate and two magazines per verifiable serial number. Limited to one rebate per eligible firearm. No substitutions. No groups, organizations, businesses or government agencies. Request must be postmarked by February 15, 2008. Offer valid only on NEW Smith & Wesson M&P and Sigma Series pistols purchased between November 1, 2007 and January 31, 2008. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. Smith & Wesson reserves the right to discontinue or change the program at any time.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...ectionId=10002

Last edited by Sean Martin; December 11th, 2007 at 12:06 AM.

Old December 11th, 2007 #2
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

Some of the sigmas are really great. I know cops that swear by them. However, I picked one up when they were a relatively new gun and had problems with mine. The later versions didn't have the same problems as the earlier ones.

Stiffer firing pin spring
stiffer main spring
different ejector
and polished the receiver (throat job in some circles)

and it works great now.

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old December 11th, 2007 #3
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
Some of the sigmas are really great. I know cops that swear by them. However, I picked one up when they were a relatively new gun and had problems with mine.
Most of the time new model guns have several problems. This is because gun companies let the consumer do the testing. The consumer will buy the gun and report back all of the problems with the gun and the company will fix the problems. This way the company doesn’t have to destroy guns, hire more gun testers and put them through all the tests costing a lot of money. Instead they let the consumer pay for the testing.

I am glad to hear that you got your gun straightened out. I think the people who complain about them have similar problems but make no efforts to solve them. A lot of guns can be cured with a couple hundred rounds fired through them.

When I post gun information on VNNF posts like yours is what I am looking for, not some cut and past from Guns & Ammo.

Last edited by Sean Martin; December 11th, 2007 at 09:47 PM.

Old December 12th, 2007 #4
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

I handled a few when they first came out and I didn't like the ergonomics. Just didn't 'fit my hand' like I felt it should. I had the same issue with the Ruger P89 series, though.

I'll check them out again, though. It's a pretty good deal and hard to ignore.

Old December 12th, 2007 #5
Sean Martin

I have called several gun stores today and the cheapest I found the Sig was $330 and the most expensive was $345. So we are looking at $270 for a 14+1 round Glock knock off S&W 40 with 4 magazines.

That is a good deal for any gun buyer. Even if a person doesn’t like the gun that is cheap enough to buy and store for later.

Old December 13th, 2007 #6
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

The biggest problem I have with the Sigma is the safety. It is much like the glock just a little stiffer. A small part on the end of the trigger has to move down before the trigger can move back. For many new shooters it can cause your shots to be low due to the unusual movement.

When I first got it I thought the sights were off because I would have cover the target with the barrel. It is such a slight movement I never noticed.

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Thread