Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 5th, 2016 #1
Alex Him

Smile Soviet documentary video

Here are shown the machines used for search and rescue the take ground astronauts.
This is training trip.

Last edited by Alex Him; April 5th, 2016 at 11:45 PM.

Old April 6th, 2016 #2
Ray Allan

This video appears to be from about the 1980s. I couldn't understand the Russian narration, but what a cool little rescue vehicle with the screw-drive propulsion that can go over snow and through swamps like that to get to the stranded cosmonauts. Do you know what the actual name of the vehicle is?

I'm assuming this was all developed in response to what happened to Alexei Leonov and Valery Bykovsky on Voskhod 2 in 1965 when they landed off-course in Siberia and spent a day or so inside their spacecraft while packs of wolves were outside. The forest was so thick they couldn't be rescued by helicopter and a ground team had to come in and get them. I wonder if these rescue vehicles are still being used today by the Russian military or space agency in support of emergency Soyuz landings?

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old April 6th, 2016 #3
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
This video appears to be from about the 1980s. I couldn't understand the Russian narration, but what a cool little rescue vehicle with the screw-drive propulsion that can go over snow and through swamps like that to get to the stranded cosmonauts. Do you know what the actual name of the vehicle is?

"Шнекороторный снегоболотоход - ЗИЛ-29061" -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIL-2906

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/zi...on-79250.html#

Quote:
I'm assuming this was all developed in response to what happened to Alexei Leonov and Valery Bykovsky on Voskhod 2 in 1965 when they landed off-course in Siberia and spent a day or so inside their spacecraft while packs of wolves were outside. The forest was so thick they couldn't be rescued by helicopter and a ground team had to come in and get them. I wonder if these rescue vehicles are still being used today by the Russian military or space agency in support of emergency Soyuz landings?

Yes. They used today.

You can see the news from February 3, 2016, where these vehicles can be seen - http://www.1obl.ru/tv/vremya-novoste...ot-03-02-2016/

You will see a such inscription at this video: На аэродроме Упрун репетировали встречу и спасение космонавтов

It was training trip.

Old April 10th, 2016 #4
Alex Him

Smile

Завод рыбных консервов в Астрахани (1908) / Fish Factory in Astrakhan (1908)

This movie was made before the Soviet era.

"Astrakhan (Russian: Астрахань) is a city in southern Russia and the administrative center of Astrakhan Oblast. The city lies on two banks of the Volga River, close to where it discharges into the Caspian Sea at an altitude of 28 meters (92 ft) below sea level.

The oldest economic and cultural center of the Lower Volgal.

The city is located in the upper part of the Volga delta, on eleven islands of the Caspian Depression. The distance to Moscow by road is 1,411 kilometers (877 mi)."

Text by Wikipedia.

Old April 22nd, 2016 #5
Alex Him

Smile

Opening Romanovsky bridge in the city of Yaroslavl in 1913. The bridge began to build in 1910, the opening was timed to celebrate the anniversary of the Romanov dynasty. This is a bridge across the Volga river.

Old April 22nd, 2016 #6
Alex Him

Smile

Self-propelled artillery guns SU-152 and ISU-152

Old April 23rd, 2016 #7
Ray Allan

Really fearsome weapons. The Germans had similar self-propelled guns, the Sturmgeschutz series, built on Panzer IV, Tiger and Panther chassis, but the Soviet SPGs had heavier-caliber armament. A postwar development, the ZSU-23 if memory serves, was encountered by US troops in Vietnam when it was operated by the North Vietnamese Army and some were used by Fidel Castro's army to repel the Bay of Pigs invasion in Cuba.

Two Soviet weapons from WW2 I've always been impressed by were the Il-2 Shturmovik tank-buster plane and the PPSh-43 submachine gun. You probably know Stalin's quote about the Il-2 being as important to the Red Army as oxygen and bread. Amazing that 35,000 of them were built. And the PPSh-43 would still work if a tank ran over it just about. Of course, the Kalashnikov rifles are just as reliable.

Old April 23rd, 2016 #8
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
Really fearsome weapons. The Germans had similar self-propelled guns, the Sturmgeschutz series, built on Panzer IV, Tiger and Panther chassis, but the Soviet SPGs had heavier-caliber armament. A postwar development, the ZSU-23 if memory serves, was encountered by US troops in Vietnam when it was operated by the North Vietnamese Army and some were used by Fidel Castro's army to repel the Bay of Pigs invasion in Cuba.

Two Soviet weapons from WW2 I've always been impressed by were the Il-2 Shturmovik tank-buster plane and the PPSh-43 submachine gun. You probably know Stalin's quote about the Il-2 being as important to the Red Army as oxygen and bread. Amazing that 35,000 of them were built. And the PPSh-43 would still work if a tank ran over it just about. Of course, the Kalashnikov rifles are just as reliable.
Hello, Ray!
I am not a military expert.
And when I served in the Russian army, I only saw the military tractors, trucks...

...and several tanks.
I think that Russian engineers are doing a good weapon.

Old April 23rd, 2016 #9
Alex Him

Smile

I forgot it!
I also saw...

self-propelled, radar guided anti-aircraft weapon system "Shilka" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZSU-23-4

and anti-aircraft self-propelled weapon "Tunguska" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K22_Tunguska

...when I was in the duty journey.

Old April 29th, 2016 #10
Alex Him

Smile

Holiday of Stalin's Falcons (1938)

Праздник сталинских соколов - (1938).

"Вся Москва спешила на праздник"="All the people of Moscow in a hurry for the holiday"

"18 Августа - День авиации"="August 18 - It is a Day of Aviation"

"Привет Великому Сталину"="Hello, to Great Stalin"

Old May 3rd, 2016 #11
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Him View Post

Праздник сталинских соколов - (1938).

"Вся Москва спешила на праздник"="All the people of Moscow in a hurry for the holiday"

"18 Августа - День авиации"="August 18 - It is a Day of Aviation"

"Привет Великому Сталину"="Hello, to Great Stalin"

That's a good video of 1930s VVS aircraft, showing the Polikarpov Po-2 biplane and I-16 fighter, Tupolev SB-2 light bomber and paratroopers jumping from TB-3 heavy bombers (USSR pioneered parachute troops even before the Germans did). Without watching it again, I thought I saw the 6-engine ANT-20 Maxim Gorky, the largest airplane built in the 1930s. Also shown at the beginning was the route of the ANT-25 flown by Valery Chkalov, Georgy Baydukov and A. Belyakov in 1937 from Moscow to Vancouver, Washington, a record non-stop flight.

Old May 3rd, 2016 #12
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
That's a good video of 1930s VVS aircraft, showing the Polikarpov Po-2 biplane and I-16 fighter, Tupolev SB-2 light bomber and paratroopers jumping from TB-3 heavy bombers (USSR pioneered parachute troops even before the Germans did). Without watching it again, I thought I saw the 6-engine ANT-20 Maxim Gorky, the largest airplane built in the 1930s. Also shown at the beginning was the route of the ANT-25 flown by Valery Chkalov, Georgy Baydukov and A. Belyakov in 1937 from Moscow to Vancouver, Washington, a record non-stop flight.
You know very much about Soviet technics
At least you know more than I know it.

Last edited by Alex Him; May 3rd, 2016 at 03:14 AM.

Old May 3rd, 2016 #13
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Him View Post
You know very much about Soviet technics
At least you know more than I know.
Thanks, I have been a space and aviation fan since I was a kid. Back then, I wanted to be an astronaut, but it didn't quite work out for me.

Old May 3rd, 2016 #14
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
I wanted to be an astronaut
This is a very good and lofty dream
I hope that you still remain the astronaut in your heart.

Anti Aircraft Artillery Guns

Old May 7th, 2016 #15
Alex Him

Katyusha rocket launcher

Old May 9th, 2016 #16
Alex Him

Russia prepares for the largest military parade for ‪Victory Day

Old May 9th, 2016 #17
Alex Him

Smile

Right now - The parad of Victory Day

http://live.russia.tv

Old May 9th, 2016 #18
Alex Him

Smile

Victory Day Parade on Red Square 2016

Old May 10th, 2016 #19
Ray Allan

I would really like to see NATO's and the JewSA's army of homos, trannies, various mud races and other degenerates try to defeat this real army of White men.

Old May 11th, 2016 #20
Alex Him

Smile

Quote:
I would really like to see NATO's and the JewSA's army of homos, trannies, various mud races and other degenerates try to defeat this real army of White men.
I wouldn't want that to happen.
Russia have been fighting since the beginning of the XX century too much.
I hope that perverts will be destroy themselves without our help

T-34 tank

Thread