Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 21st, 2018 #5762
Robbie Key

True greatness is achieved when the singer/musician sounds better live than on record:

Old November 23rd, 2018 #5763
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

In case you don't have the time to sit through an entire performance of Les Miserable, here's an abreviated version:

Old November 26th, 2018 #5764
Stewart Meadows

Here's a great Latin American hit song that they used to play in South European tourist resorts where I often spend my summers:

Quote:
The song was used in Italy in support of neo-fascism because of the association of "black shirt" with the Fascist Blackshirts of Benito Mussolini,[9] and many nightclub attendees from the far right raised an arm in the fascist salute when the song was played.[10] In response, left-wing media network Indymedia called for a boycott of the song.[10]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Camisa_Negra

Old November 29th, 2018 #5765
Robbie Key

Old December 3rd, 2018 #5768
Stewart Meadows

Right now I'm listening to Eiffel 65's Eurodance megahit Blue which took the world by storm:

Quote:
Eiffel 65 is an Italian music group consisting of Jeffrey Jey, Maurizio Lobina and Gabry Ponte. They gained global popularity with their hit singles "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" and "Move Your Body", from their 1999 studio album Europop. The singles reached number one in many countries, while the album peaked at number four on the Billboard 200 chart. Their following two albums, Contact! and a self-titled album, were released in 2001 and 2003 respectively.

Over the course of their career, the group won a World Music Award in 2000 for the World Best Selling Italian Group, and a B.M.I U.S.A in Los Angeles, rewarding the most-broadcast song on radio in the United States. They were also nominated at the Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for "Blue (Da Ba Dee)".[1]Europop was crowned as the greatest album of the 1990s by Channel 4.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_65

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_(Da_Ba_Dee)

Old December 4th, 2018 #5769
Ray Allan

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old December 4th, 2018 #5770
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Default First Chorus of Orestes by Euripides, 408 B.C.

In ancient Greece, a man was legally bound to avenge the murder of his father by killing the murderer and was forbidden from killing his parents. When Orestes father, Agamemnon, was murdered by his mother, Clytemnestra, he could not obey one law without violating the other. In the first chorus of Euripides' Orestes, the Furies are chasing Orestes after he killed his mother in revenge for her killing his father.

strophe

Ah! ye goddesses terrific, swiftly careering on outspread pinions, whose lot it is 'mid tears and groans to hold revel not with Bacchic rites; ye avenging spirits swarthy-hued, that dart along the spacious firmament, exacting a penalty for blood, a penalty for murder, to you I make my suppliant prayer: suffer the son of Agamemnon to forget his wild whirling frenzy!

Ah, woe for the troublous task! which thou, poor wretch, didst strive to compass to thy ruin, listening to the voice prophetic, proclaimed aloud by Phoebus from the tripod throughout his sanctuary, where is a secret spot they call "the navel of the earth."

antistrophe

O Zeus! What pity will be shown? what deadly struggle is here at hand, hurrying thee on o'er thy path of woe, a victim on whom some fiend is heaping tribulation, by bringing on thy house thy mother's bloodshed which drives thee raving mad? I weep for thee, for thee I weep.

Great prosperity abideth not amongst mankind; but some power divine, shaking it to and fro like the sail of a swift galley, plunges it deep in the waves of grievous affliction, boisterous and deadly as the waves of the sea. For what new family am I henceforth to honour by preference other than that which sprung from a marriage divine, even from Tantalus?

Behold a king draws near, prince Menelaus! From his magnificence 'tis plain to see that he is a scion of the race of Tantalus.

All hail! thou that didst sail with a thousand ships to Asia's strand, and by Heaven's help accomplish all thy heart's desire, making good-fortune a friend to thyself.

Old December 6th, 2018 #5771
Stewart Meadows

Here's the great Eurodance hit song Around the World (La La La La La) by the talented ATC:

Old December 6th, 2018 #5772
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Default Athenaeus' Paean, 127 B.C.

Reconstructed by Armand D'Angour
Mixed choir and Barnaby Brown, aulos

The video is queued to start at the beginning of the song; there are other interesting songs on the video as well.

Hark, you whose domain is deep-forested Helicon,
Loud-thundering Zeus's fair-armed daughters.
Come with songs to celebrate your brother Phoebus of the golden hair,
Who over the twin peaks of this mountain, Parnassus,
Accompanied by the far-famed Delphic maidens,
Comes to the streams of the flowing Castalian spring
As he visits his steep Delphic mountain oracle.

Old December 10th, 2018 #5773
Alex Him

Smile

Elysion - "Made Of Lies"

Old December 18th, 2018 #5775
Stewart Meadows

Here's the beautiful and moving instrumental version of Dry Your Tears from the soundtrack of the legendary anime series Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star):

Old December 20th, 2018 #5777
Gladiatrix

Old December 22nd, 2018 #5778
Skinhead Zack

Thumbs up

Old December 24th, 2018 #5779
T.Garrett
Banned

Post Your Decision

Is life 'eating' at you

Old December 24th, 2018 #5780
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking Lauderdale

I saw this show, one of my exs' is a big Judas Priest fan. We drove up to Ft Lauderdale from her house in Jupiter FL to see the bald faggot and his three guitar players. She was wearing this black leather bodysuit, nothing like like a woman with a petite, tight body in leather and stilettos. Wonder what I did to her that she left me in NY last winter

Last edited by T.Garrett; December 24th, 2018 at 02:24 PM.

Tags
music

Thread