VNN Broadcasts

Old November 11th, 2020 #1
Ray Allan

Default The Edmund Fitzgerald

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old November 12th, 2020 #2
ZEK S 854

Default And On Wikipedia Too!

Check out the ship's Wikipedia page; there is a great deal of info there as to what may have caused her to sink. Enjoy the ballad of her sinking written and performed by Canadian folksinger Gordon Lightfoot of Orillia Ontario Canada. Gord turns 82 this coming November 17th.

Old November 12th, 2020 #3
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEK S 854 View Post
Check out the ship's Wikipedia page; there is a great deal of info there as to what may have caused her to sink. Enjoy the ballad of her sinking written and performed by Canadian folksinger Gordon Lightfoot of Orillia Ontario Canada. Gord turns 82 this coming November 17th.
I understand that Gordon Lightfoot never kept any money he made from the song and gave it all to the families of the 29 men who perished on the Fitz. Good for him.

Old November 12th, 2020 #4
Lutador Branco

Sad story, but written by heroes.

And the music is very beautiful ...

Old November 14th, 2020 #5
Donncha Dennis

Its like all us people who live along the great lakes shores are connected in some way. Its a sinking I have tried to wrap my head around so many times who what where how when why? I mean it was built sound and strong is it a case of mother nature winning against man or something else? There has been various theories as to what caused them to go down. And so close to land as well that was when real men worked real hardy jobs and it was a real loss to the community. I thought history channel had a short series about lake shipping but i cant remember the name of it it only lasted 1 season i think.

There are a few spots in the world where the water and nature seems to just take what it wills and man has to struggle against it. Is there any place along those great lakes of ours that does not have a story to tell or a shipwreck resting somewhere on the bottom. Its said over ten thousand ships have gone down in the great lakes perhaps even more it holds so many mysteries and it connects a large part of america.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Ontario_(1780)

Only found in 2008! If you go on youtube you can see people scuba diving and swiming along its great hull. A amazing find.

There are also tales of german subs from both world wars resting in those lakes of course the governments want to keep that hush hush. I heard that the acidic level and the clay at the bottom of the lakes actually preserve many items and even bodies compared to other sources of water. There is so much to learn in our own backyard.

Last remarks I hope one day we can find the cause of the sinking and I always try to send a prayer their way its a horrible thing to be lost in a island of water and feeling helpless. May those men and their families find peace.

Old November 16th, 2020 #6
Ray Allan

Original November 11, 1975 NBC News report about the Fitzgerald.

Radio conversation between Capt. Bernie Cooper of the Arthur M. Anderson and the coast guard.

Old November 17th, 2020 #7
Donncha Dennis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_St_Lawrence_(1814)

Take a look at this a 112 gun first rate ship of the line right in our backyards. For those of you who love those colonial Napoleonic times a piece of history just waiting offshore for you.

Old November 11th, 2023 #8
Ray Allan

It's been 48 years since the Mighty Fitz faced the Gales of November and lost.

Old November 11th, 2023 #9
Ole Massa

Thread