Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 31st, 2016 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post BBC comedy will ridicule Islam

The mock-reality spoof, called The Real Housewives of ISIS, is part of political satire show Revolting, penned by Sussex university friends Jolyon Rubinstein and Heydon Prowse.

Mocking the vanity of reality stars in hit US show The Real Housewives of Orange County, the drama features jokes such as a hijab-wearing woman saying to the camera: “It’s only three days to the beheading and I’ve got nothing to wear.”

In another scene, a jihadi bride tries on a suicide vest and asks a friend: “What do you think? Ahmed surprised me with it yesterday.”

But another woman walks into the room wearing the same vest and says: “What a complete b****. She knew I had that jacket.”

The show’s writers both defended their jokes, claiming it is important satire does not shy away from controversial subjects, with the show also featuring gags about abortion, the NHS budget and drones.

Prowse said: "It's important not to pull your punches in satire. You have to be fearless or it undermines your credibility.

"You can't go after David Cameron for five years like we did and not go after Islamic State."

And Rubinstein added: "It's about people who are vulnerable to these kind of approaches. We've had the "White Widow", so this is actually happening to women here."

The show is inspired by the experience of Western women who have fallen for jihadis such as Irish national Samantha Lewthwaite, who became known as the White Widow after her husband blew himself up in the 7/7 bombings.

Lewthwaite was born in Northern Ireland in 1983 but converted to Islam for her terrorist bomber husband Garmaine Lindsay, who is accused of causing the deaths of more than 400 people.

Originally from County Down, Northern Ireland, Lewthwaite is one of the West’s most wanted terror suspects and is believed to have joined jihadi groups in East Africa to coordinate an attack on a shopping mall in Kenya in 2013.

read full article at source: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/748...-islamic-state

Thread