Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 10th, 2007 #1
Sean Martin

Default Asst teacher gives students drugs, doesn’t get any jail time

Spared jail, the teaching assistant who gave children cannabis so they wouldn't go to dealers
By ANDREW LEVY

Nicola Cooper: spared jail

A teaching assistant who gave her children cannabis was spared jail yesterday after a judge heard she did it to stop them visiting street dealers.

Nicola Cooper, 43, intervened when she learned her teenage son and daughter had experimented with the drug.

She feared they would be lured into trying harder drugs and become involved in crime.

When police raided her home they found 116 grams of cannabis resin, worth £200.

Cooper could have been jailed but a district judge ordered her to 200 hours' community work after hearing about her good character.

She had already quit her job following her arrest earlier this year.

Speaking after the hearing, Cooper insisted she had "done the right thing" to keep her children away from dealers.

But she added: "I don't want my children involved in it any more.

"I think I was very lucky today. I could have been given a much heavier sentence or even jailed.

"The kids would just come down and say, 'Do you mind if we pinch a little smoke because we fancy one?'

"I regret breaking the law and feel sorry for that.

"Some people give their children alcohol and cigarettes at an early age - but I gave mine cannabis."

Cooper said the cannabis police found in her house had been for her own use and described herself and her partner of 25 years, engineering company director Ian Leppard, 51, as "liberal parents".

She insisted smoking cannabis had not harmed her daughter, Emily, 18, who is studying for A-levels, and her son, Jacob, 20, who is working.

Bury St Edmunds Magistrates heard that Cooper, who had been a support assistant at Barrow Primary School in Suffolk for four years, had used cannabis herself "on and off" since she was 18.

She started giving the drug to her daughter when she was 16 and son when he was 18 but insisted she only allowed them to use it occasionally.

On June 16, police, acting on "intelligence", presented her with a warrant to search her home in Ixworth, near Bury St Edmunds, and she led them to where she stashed the drug. At a hearing last month, she admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply and offering to supply the drug.

Kevin McCarthy, defending, said it was "ironic" that Cooper had acted to keep her children away from dealers.

"The reason for the supply was to keep those cherished children away from the drug culture," he said.

The court received letters of support for Cooper, including one from a GP and another from a retired detective who spent 32 years with Suffolk police.

A note from Barrow Primary head John Gibson said she had been a "valuable member of staff".

District Judge David Cooper accepted Cooper had been "a good teacher" but accused her of "sheer arrogance" in acting as if the law did not apply to her.

"Until the law is changed, you must abide by it," he said. "It's particularly important for a teacher to ensure that she does."

A Suffolk County Council spokesman said: "She has resigned her post and that is the end of it. It is a matter of concern to the school and the council if anyone breaks the law when it has relevance to their jobs."

Cooper, a former nursery nurse, nanny and ceramics painter, added after the case that while she had smoked cannabis since her teens, she had often gone without it for long periods.

"I don't want to touch it again," she said.

"The whole point was that it was a relaxing thing. But there is nothing relaxing about it if you think the police are going to burst into your home at any moment."

Her partner Mr Leppard said: "When we found out our kids were smoking, we sat down as a family to discuss it.

"We didn't want them to hide it but told them that it was not big or clever and they should be responsible.

"We didn't want them getting involved in anything else or the underground drug culture. We just told them to stay at home and keep it to themselves.

"Cannabis was something we just had in the house. We have no idea how the police became involved."

Martin Barnes, chief executive of the charity Drugscope, said: "Although it is understandable that parents will want to protect children from dealers, we would strongly advise against supplying the drugs - not least because it does not address the drug use and the potential harm."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Old October 10th, 2007 #2
ngrh8r
Banned

Quote:
When police raided her home they found 116 grams of cannabis resin, worth £200.
This fucking :[] had a QUARTER POUND of hash sitting around for her children, but she gets a small slap on the wrist. I was starting to wonder how she got away with it, and then I looked at her picture and saw her beady eyes and rat-like face.

Old October 12th, 2007 #3
Ovidio

that woman is hot as shit lmao!

Old October 12th, 2007 #4
T.Garrett
Banned

Wink jews and drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrh8r View Post
This fucking :[] had a QUARTER POUND of hash sitting around for her children, but she gets a small slap on the wrist. I was starting to wonder how she got away with it, and then I looked at her picture and saw her beady eyes and rat-like face.
jews love their recreational drugs, in particular cannabis, coke and the new club drugs that have come on the scene in the past decade or two. Just like niggers, jews ....especially the 'baby boomer' generation and afterwards ...hold living wired in high esteem.

I remember this jewboy attorney that I hired once slipping out the courtroom door repeatedly one day when I was on the pre-trial calendar for an occasional snort in his car, finally leaving me when i was called to conference with the assistant DA alone about my case ...just a low grade felony assault charge, but a felony nonetheless. Unknown to me when I hired him on short notice, he was a fucken mess.

I plea bargained the charge down to a violation myself (there were issues on how I was arrested) and when it was all said and done this koked up kike finally showed ass back in the courtroom asking for his $3500. fee, I told him to go fuck himself. He was about to make a stink when I stared him down and feigned hoovering a line on the bench taking quick looks at the ADA and the judge and he responded "have a nice day sir" and beat it hahaha!

I will tell ya though, it certainly does help being a member of the tribe after being busted in NY ...doesn't mean much to the cops, but once the case is in the court system da yids look out for one another like family. You just dont see very many jews behind bars for the bullshit everyone else gets locked down for, and it sure isnt because they are model citizens

Cheers

Thread