VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 20th, 2008 #61
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Default Lets keep the conversation going...This needs to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrosa View Post
We have two issues here. One is raising seed capital and Two is managing the money that comes in. So, how do we do this?

To get those answers, we need to first ask the question: Who will sit on the committee? How many people will sit on the committee? We have plenty of volunteers. So who decides?

I say we have a committee of not less than 5 and not more than 9 people (at first).

These people will buy their seats.

How much will the seats cost?

I would like to sell them at 5k apiece, but I think we have enough people here to buy a seat at 2,500.00.

5 seats at 2500 is 12,500. 9 seats is 22,500.

5 seats at 5000 is 25,000. 9 seats is 45,000.

This solves the following issues.

1. who will sit on the committee
2. Where the seed capital comes from
3. Capital to start funding projects

Once a person buys a seat, they cannot "take back" their money. It's committed.

There are no "dictatorial" powers as all issues must be voted on, including booting anyone off the committee.

Of course, this is just for the Oversight Committee. They will determine how the money is spent, who gets paid for their labor and how much. We can then have subcommittees on Media, Technology, Sales and Marketing, Revenue generation. They would submit budgets for approval to the Oversight Committee.

I have an office manager who can set up the account and report to the committee on a scheduled basis.

We can tweak this set up some. For example, we can increase the number of members to 12 (with Linder voting to break any ties) or we can tweak the amount of the seat cost. My recommendation is to bottom it at 2,500 but everything is on the table.

Those are my ideas on how to get our wheels out of the ditch and into high gear. Anyone with other ideas, please feel free.

You obviously know what you are talking about, Brother. What you have detailed above is what we need.

To be brutally honest, I don't think we have a fucking chance to get 9 members to donate $2,500. It's like pulling teeth to get people to part with a $20.00. Your vision would have us hit the ground running, which is, of course, optimal. However, you gotta crawl before you get up and run, and right now, we are on our knees like Steve B. after a bender.

I understand that just asking for donations from the forum membership (initially) is exactly the same thing we have been doing for years, with limited success.

However, I would submit that we do have a track record, dating all the way back to the original Chester Doles Defense fund raiser, of being able to raise significant funds that way.

Hell, just recently between the Doles Truck Fund and A Very Linder Yule and the "Extremist for Ron Paul" thread we raised well over 7K in about 8 weeks. We could do a lot with 7k. The money is there, if we do this right.

Those were both unofficial VNN/F grass-roots ad hoc projects, and both were a success.

Imagine if we had a FOC in place, in an official capacity, that had the endorsement and good will of Linder and all the other "heavy hitters" on the forum. Promoted and championed by them. I think it would do very well.

Subby has taken the time to lay out his plan, and it's a good one.

Here's my much less detailed one, off the top of my head:

We nominate individuals for the FOC. We'll go with Subrosa's 5 or 9. The nomination process is self-evident. Trusted VNNers. We got a slew of 'em.

The FOC then decides where funds are allotted. The funds come from (cover your ears, Subby) monthly donations contributed by VNNers. I have suggested elsewhere $20.00 a month minimum. Some of us would be able to contribute significantly more than that, but $20.00 a month isn't going to kill anyone. Those able could perhaps pay for all 12 months at once, $240 bucks a man. That would give us a nice initial balance.

The FOC collects the funds, issues a monthly detailed report on what monies were received, our balance, etc. This can be done on VNNF or through e-mail.

The FOC then identifies a VNN/F/B financial need, and meets it. Next month, same thing. New need is identified, agreed upon by the board, and then met. Rinse and repeat.

Larger projects requiring larger investments might take several month's donations, but we would be making progress every month towards that goal.

Maybe one month it's purchasing hardware to make VNN more stable. Maybe the next it's state-of-the-art mics and headsets for all the VNNB guys to improve sound quality. The next, maybe we produce coffee mugs with the VNN logo for sale at a modest profit to grow even more funds. The needs are endless.

If the sincere forum membership (I'm not talking about the myriad trolls, antis, nutjobs that will always be around) sees evidence that we are accomplishing our stated, specific goals, they will respond.

If the powers that be would get behind something like this, and commit.. I see no reason that we could not have a couple hundred people giving .63 cents a day, $20.00 a month to the FOC by the end of the year. That's a minimum of 4k a month.

Every month.

We start with what we have. If it's only 10 guys, it's 10 guys and we raise the flag and go from there, balls out.

In closing, 2009 will come. Whatever plan we settle on, It's up to us if we have a FOC in place and working for us when it arrives, or if we are exactly where we are now, like we were last year. And the year before that.

He who rests, rusts- A. Hitler

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; January 20th, 2008 at 09:33 AM.

Old January 20th, 2008 #62
Donnachaidh

Here is another thought for you Hibernian. How about a special section of the forum where only those who have supported VNN financially have access. A place where real work can be accomplished without the distractions of morons. Access would not be approved until the member passed a certain threshold and any asshats who slip by can be booted by a poll of the rest of the members.

-Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

Old January 20th, 2008 #63
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnachaidh View Post
Here is another thought for you Hibernian. How about a special section of the forum where only those who have supported VNN financially have access. A place where real work can be accomplished without the distractions of morons. Access would not be approved until the member passed a certain threshold and any asshats who slip by can be booted by a poll of the rest of the members.

Sounds like an excellent idea to me. Get the people together who want to do more.

Old January 20th, 2008 #64
Dave C.
Banned

Gentlemen,

Judging by the participation in this thread, it appears that those who initially sign up to contribute $20 a month will ALL have a seat on the Oversight Committee. Fuck it. If we have to start this thing with 8 guys then we should start it. Hibernian correctly surmises that once we get rolling, others will join us if we do this right.

Perhaps we could convince a Mod or Alex to create a "VNN Oversight Committee" thread for members only, but in the meantime the "Building White Media" thread is uncluttered and we should use that perhaps.

It's going to take selfless and committed individuals to join us, and for that reason our numbers may always remain low. Asking someone to contribute $20 a month is difficult enough, but to have them contribute with the knowledge that they have no say in how the money is spent will be harder still.

Perhaps we can start small for now. Say 10 members, each with a vote, with 2/3 majority required to disburse funds. I like the idea of allowing everyone who contributes to have a vote. This way we avoid the "clique" and "popularity contest" accusations and increase our opportunities for donors.

Old January 20th, 2008 #65
Wagner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C. View Post
Gentlemen,

Judging by the participation in this thread, it appears that those who initially sign up to contribute $20 a month will ALL have a seat on the Oversight Committee. Fuck it. If we have to start this thing with 8 guys then we should start it. Hibernian correctly surmises that once we get rolling, others will join us if we do this right.

Perhaps we could convince a Mod or Alex to create a "VNN Oversight Committee" thread for members only, but in the meantime the "Building White Media" thread is uncluttered and we should use that perhaps.

It's going to take selfless and committed individuals to join us, and for that reason our numbers may always remain low. Asking someone to contribute $20 a month is difficult enough, but to have them contribute with the knowledge that they have no say in how the money is spent will be harder still.

Perhaps we can start small for now. Say 10 members, each with a vote, with 2/3 majority required to disburse funds. I like the idea of allowing everyone who contributes to have a vote. This way we avoid the "clique" and "popularity contest" accusations and increase our opportunities for donors.
Well lets get started then. Who wants to receive the first round of funds? If none of us can do it right now, how about we ask people to send money to Yankee Jim (if it is OK with him) and then ask people to send him the funds? As the money is coming in the newly formed oversight committee can decide on where the initial round of money goes to; I suggest upgrades to VNNF which was the original point of this thread.

Subrosa, DaveC, Donnachaidh and Hibernian: Form the committee and tell us where to send the money.

-Wagner

Old January 20th, 2008 #66
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

LOL didnt even see this thread.

Many of the thoughts, concerns and ideas I had have been posted here as well.

Glad to see many of us are on the same page.

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=64611
the other thread

VNN: for entertainment purposes only.

Old January 20th, 2008 #67
Dave C.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
Well lets get started then. Who wants to receive the first round of funds? If none of us can do it right now, how about we ask people to send money to Yankee Jim (if it is OK with him) and then ask people to send him the funds? As the money is coming in the newly formed oversight committee can decide on where the initial round of money goes to; I suggest upgrades to VNNF which was the original point of this thread.

Subrosa, DaveC, Donnachaidh and Hibernian: Form the committee and tell us where to send the money.

-Wagner
Yankee Jim is a good choice, although he has yet to participate in any of these threads. He may not have had a chance to view them yet, and I am sure he would come on board.

I think any of us could administer the funds in a responsible, honest, and transparent manner. In the sprit of getting things rolling, I hereby volunteer to open a P.O. Box and administer the funds. I can do this as early as tomorrow if it is agreed upon. There is no rush, but we should have something in place by February 1st at the latest.

I have very stable employment and married well. Frankly, I do not need the money and my personal honor prevents me from any malfeasance. Hibernian also fits this bill as do Subrosa and Donnachaidh. It's just a matter of finding someone who is willing to do it. I am willing to do it.

Old January 20th, 2008 #68
Wagner

Quote:
Yankee Jim is a good choice, although he has yet to participate in any of these threads. He may not have had a chance to view them yet, and I am sure he would come on board.

I think any of us could administer the funds in a responsible, honest, and transparent manner. In the sprit of getting things rolling, I hereby volunteer to open a P.O. Box and administer the funds. I can do this as early as tomorrow if it is agreed upon. There is no rush, but we should have something in place by February 1st at the latest.

I have very stable employment and married well. Frankly, I do not need the money and my personal honor prevents me from any malfeasance. Hibernian also fits this bill as do Subrosa and Donnachaidh. It's just a matter of finding someone who is willing to do it. I am willing to do it.
DaveC, I think you would be an excellent man for the job!

-Wagner

Old January 20th, 2008 #69
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
DaveC, I think you would be an excellent man for the job!

-Wagner
I'll second that. Dave has contributed (substantially) to damn near every VNNF project I have ever seen offered over the years. So has Donnachaidh and Subby for that matter. He has my complete trust.

Old January 20th, 2008 #70
Dave C.
Banned

Thank you Hibernian and Wagner. It means alot to have your confidence.

Old January 20th, 2008 #71
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:

I think any of us could administer the funds in a responsible, honest, and transparent manner. In the spirit of getting things rolling, I hereby volunteer to open a P.O. Box and administer the funds. I can do this as early as tomorrow if it is agreed upon. There is no rush, but we should have something in place by February 1st at the latest.

Sounds good to me Dave. Thanks for stepping up. This could be the start of something big. I'm willing to work hard to make it an ongoing success.

Getting formed up before February 1rst also works well. Bottom line is we can debate this forever, but in the end, we just have to do it.

Get that P.O. Box, and we will start beating the bushes for those who want to contribute at the 20.00 per month level. .63 cents a day. Who can't swing that?

We've already got a few. More will come on board as time passes, and members see that we are obtaining specific, measurable goals. Success breeds success.

On March 1rst, we'll start looking into where the first month's funds will be allocated to improve VNN/F/B. We'll vote on it. You participate, you get a vote on what we use it for. Majority rules.

As has been stated before by myself and others, we simply begin with what we have. If it's just 9 of us, (the current committed number so far) so be it.

9 works. It will soon be 90.

Last edited by Donnie in Ohio; January 20th, 2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: change 7 to 9.

Old January 20th, 2008 #72
ubersaxon
On Leave

I don't know if this would work, but would it be possible to create a kosher blog with a donate button on it that we can all go to when it is time to donate or will paypal or some similar service catch on? This is a short term idea until something more "official" is created.

Old January 20th, 2008 #73
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubersaxon View Post
I don't know if this would work, but would it be possible to create a kosher blog with a donate button on it that we can all go to when it is time to donate or will paypal or some similar service catch on? This is a short term idea until something more "official" is created.

Good question, and it's one that comes up a lot. The need for some form of electronic transfer is apparent.

Somebody who knows more about the service (I've never used Paypal in my life)
might be able to suggest a way for us to make it work?

Old January 20th, 2008 #74
Dave C.
Banned

Consider it done, Hibernian.

A 3"x5.5" post office box is only $20 payable every 6 months. For our purposes, I do not believe a larger box is necessary at this time.

I will pay for and maintain the P.O. Box with my own funds.

Old January 20th, 2008 #75
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Consider it done, Hibernian.

A 3"x5.5" post office box is only $20 payable every 6 months. For our purposes, I do not believe a larger box is necessary at this time.

I will pay for and maintain the P.O. Box with my own funds.
Outstanding, Dave.

We'll light this candle and see what happens.

Fortune favors the bold, right?

Old January 20th, 2008 #76
Dave C.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibernian 2.0 View Post
Outstanding, Dave.

We'll light this candle and see what happens.

Fortune favors the bold, right?
If not us, then who?

Old January 20th, 2008 #77
Adamic Man

I just jumped in on this thread again after last posting on page one. I have my January $20 donation for Alex all ready to mail tomorrow morning. Is this a separate fund/expenditure that's being discussed now, or the same money for Alex just being sent to a different person?

AM

Last edited by Adamic Man; January 20th, 2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: too many windows open, typed reply intended for another thread

Old January 20th, 2008 #78
banjo_billy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jahn View Post
VNN needs a Paypal function where you can donate easily like you can on the Political Cesspool website.
Good idea, but bad suggestion. Hmm, does that make sense?

PayPal is a kike organisation and will keep any money for as long as they can just when you need it the most. They have put the screws to many WN groups and organisations.

Who knows of a reliable online money processor for sales, credit cards, donations, etc. that isn't run by the kikenvermin? When the Jews control your money, you don't have much chance of doing anything.

This is one of the reasons that they railroaded Matt Hale, because he was a lawyer who could have sued the kike out of them for their illegal money account suspensions.

Are there any online systems that are reliable? I've tried at least 5, maybe 6, and they all turned like gifilta fish in the sunshine. Doing business with money orders is slooooooow.

Last edited by banjo_billy; January 20th, 2008 at 08:24 PM.

Old January 20th, 2008 #79
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamic Man View Post
I just jumped in on this thread again after last posting on page one. I have my January $20 donation for Alex all ready to mail tomorrow morning. Is this a separate fund/expenditure that's being discussed now, or the same money for Alex just being sent to a different person?

AM
Separate fund. If you are already contributing to Alex directly, you are off the hook for this one, Brother.

Old January 20th, 2008 #80
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo_billy View Post
Good idea, but bad suggestion. Hmm, does that make sense?

PayPal is a kike organisation and will keep any money for as long as they can just when you need it the most. They have put the screws to many WN groups and organisations.

Who knows of a reliable online money processor for sales, credit cards, donations, etc. that isn't run by the kikenvermin? When the Jews control your money, you don't have much chance of doing anything.

This is one of the reasons that they railroaded Matt Hale, because he was a lawyer who could have sued the kike out of them for their illegal money account suspensions.

Are there any online systems that are reliable? I've tried at least 5, maybe 6, and they all turned like gifilta fish in the sunshine. Doing business with money orders is slooooooow.

Yea, I've heard nothing but bad things about Paypal. I think we are just going to have to forget about that option.

Money orders are slower, of course, but totally secure. To be honest, I send well concealed cash in the mail all the time and have never had a problem/ shrug

Thread