Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 26th, 2014 #1
Kevin Phelps

Default Italian Delis

Do you guys like Italian delis, and are there any in your town and are they good/delicious?

In my city there are a few Italian stores/markets. Seeing as we're in California we don't get as many Italian delis or markets as New York or New Jersey would, but the ones we have are fine. In one of our Italian delis, there are a few Italian-Americans there and they make delicious raviolis, sandwiches, pastas, and they serve some good wine and beer.

The Italians that run the place remind you of a Brooklyn deli and they even speak in an Italian-American Brooklyn accent.

There are less than 10 people in their staff and the funny thing is that while most of them are ethnic Italians, one is a half-Jewish half-Italian guy who is from Sicily. There are quite a lot of Jews in Sicily but he considers himself Italian and does not attend any synagogues nor does he practice Judaism.

There was an Asian guy who walked in the store and said it was probably the best Italian deli he's ever been to in California. He is originally from Toronto, Canada, where there is a large Italian population and even a Little Italy neighborhood.

The next best Italian deli in Northern CA may be the ones in North Beach, San Francisco aka Little Italy, which has some good Italian food.
Pro-diversity guy. I believe that if a person wants to live in a society with people like them, then that is fine if that is what they desire. However diverse and multiracial states should exist for those like me to want to live in and thrive.

Old May 26th, 2014 #2
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

I onced worked for a slave driver on the east side of Detroit. The warehouse, market and deli was called Bomaritto Brothers. They were also from the south of Italy. I'm sure from Sicily. They would work everyone to the bone, loading those trucks full and likely overweight. The owner was stingy and during the course of the few weeks I worked there, he started making us pay for any snack from his deli, despite us burning off all the calories loading up the trucks for delivery. So what I did was to go to the Italian deli next door and get my snack there. The owner's son was even worse, when his dad took a few days off. This was typical of how they spoil their kids. Had he had to work a day in his life, he wouldn't have been an even more despotic boss than his dad.

Old May 26th, 2014 #3
Kevin Phelps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
I onced worked for a slave driver on the east side of Detroit. The warehouse, market and deli was called Bomaritto Brothers. They were also from the south of Italy. I'm sure from Sicily. They would work everyone to the bone, loading those trucks full and likely overweight. The owner was stingy and during the course of the few weeks I worked there, he started making us pay for any snack from his deli, despite us burning off all the calories loading up the trucks for delivery. So what I did was to go to the Italian deli next door and get my snack there. The owner's son was even worse, when his dad took a few days off. This was typical of how they spoil their kids. Had he had to work a day in his life, he wouldn't have been an even more despotic boss than his dad.
Dude, you worked in Detroit? East side? Woah.

Well sounds like that place was a bit rough. Sorry for that.
Pro-diversity guy. I believe that if a person wants to live in a society with people like them, then that is fine if that is what they desire. However diverse and multiracial states should exist for those like me to want to live in and thrive.

Old May 27th, 2014 #4
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

The east side was still somewhat civilized, since it was and maybe still is a southern Italian community.

Thread