Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 30th, 2017 #1
steven clark

Default The Handmaid's Tale comes to Hulu

A new series is on Hulu, The Handmaid's Tale, based on the novel by Margaret Atwood, written in the 1980's. It's about a strange, overnight revolution in America where fundamentalist Christians take over and suppress women, who must wear heavy robes, have no rights, and must be owned by a man. One woman is given to a guy named fred, so she is now 'Offred…of Fred.'

A film of this was made many years ago with Robert Duvall, and was seen as a protest of Reagan and the religious right (remember them?), and how he was 'suppressing women.' (once again, deja vu time).
The people in charge of the series say it's a strong statement on artistic expression and human freedom.
Atwood is Canadian, and I always had a problem with the book, since it attacked Christians as hell-bent (pun intended) on suppressing women, but doesn't say jack about what Moslems do or for that matter, niggers or most third worlders. Indeed, we've got Sharia law appearing here and there in Europe, women being raped, urged by the police to stay off the streets, but TV naturally prefers to show a fantasy of Christians doing it to women.
Meanwhile, in Berlin, women at a protest rally (to Trump) shout 'Allah Akbar'.
There's a real madness, now.

Old January 31st, 2017 #2
N.B. Forrest

The jewed shitlibs hate WHITE Christians (certainly not the brown ones like Loofah Kang, Spittin' Jesse & Steak Knife Al); they never cease attacking them as the epitome of backwards religious fundamentalist oppression simply because because they know they're easy marks who won't - shit, CAN'T - fight back; offended Muslims, OTOH, will decapitate a mouthy commie bitch.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old January 31st, 2017 #3
National-Satanist

Jesus was a feminist

Old February 1st, 2017 #4
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by National-Satanist View Post
The writing that you cite by the Catholic is something I've seen argued before, but they of course fail to mention that Jesus did not exist.

And their version of 'equality' includes such glories as Jeeboo insisting they 'don't kill the hooker, because you're all manwhores' and so on. Not exactly riveting love for women there, but I guess compared to other Jews and Middle Easterners, he radically cared for women, lol. He also let a woman see his risen from the dead body first. How thoughtful-except it never happened.
And of course his mom was around 13 years old. Thankfully, that also never happened.

Jesus' testimony was always two-faced anyway. The Samaritan story showed that he won't judge a man based on where he's from-yet he tells Slaves to obey their Masters in another passage. He comes to bring peace in one passage and war amongst your own family in another. Very inconsistent. Devilish, actually. Deliberately confusing.

As for the movie-also deliberately confusing. The Dominionist Christians fit the bill on wanting to live in that Biblical, backward way, but the majority of Xtians aren't Dominionists. It would definitely fit the Muslim narrative much more, as to how they live, treat their daughters and wives, and their desire to force whomever they're around to live this way, too.

The liberal female 'be nice to Muslims and overlook the fact that they would rape and kill you in an instant' is very sick to observe, yes. If you insult Mohammed (PBUH, lol) you have been 'culturally insensitive', and they would actually say this, while calling Xtians out on their backwardness. Inconsistent and dishonest.

Old February 2nd, 2017 #5
steven clark

Default The Handmaid's tale on HULU

Emily, I am a Christian, but I agree with a lot of with a lot of what you say.
When Handmaid's Tale first came out, I immediately was reminded of Islam, and decided Atwood was either very ignorant of what Christians are, or she simply wanted to dig at Reagan. Remember, in 1980, so much of that period is exactly like Trump, and how any conservative is immediately attacked.
Feminism is a shadow movement that is designed to destroy white power, but the odd thing is, a certain segment of feminists don't seem to realize that if the West is destroyed, what will replace it is far worse.

However, the coalition against whites...feminists, blacks, queers, whatever...are only concerned with getting rid of us, not what happens afterwards. Only the Jews have a long-term goal. Read Kevin McDonald's
The Culture of Discontent. Also, the Moslims have a long term goal. As one man said, 'our culture's major impetus is to get along with each other, and Islam is to dominate.'

Christianity did offer women a lot, which explains much of its growth. I see it as of Jewish origin, but also an amalgamation of much western thought...that of many world-weary Greeks who took over much of the classical world's symbols and rituals to synthesize it into Christianity. Mithra had many parallels to Christ...born on December 25, etc. Mary is obviously Venus and Isis, and raising the dead is part of the god Aesculpius...who always wore a beard and was killed by the gods for resurrecting people, which again harkens back to Prometheus.

I noticed you have a picture of Hypatia. I admire her a lot, and wrote a play about Hypatia and her martyrdom, if you will, at the hands of Christians, and her belief 'in nothing.' It got a staged reading, a one act version was performed at a university, was much admired, but I haven't gotten any further with it.
There was also a Spanish movie, Agora, with Rachel Weiz playing Hypatia. I'm always surprised feminists know nothing about her nor care, but go wacky over any nigger or lesbian they find.

Old February 2nd, 2017 #6
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven clark View Post
I noticed you have a picture of Hypatia. I admire her a lot, and wrote a play about Hypatia and her martyrdom, if you will, at the hands of Christians, and her belief 'in nothing.' It got a staged reading, a one act version was performed at a university, was much admired, but I haven't gotten any further with it.
There was also a Spanish movie, Agora, with Rachel Weiz playing Hypatia. I'm always surprised feminists know nothing about her nor care, but go wacky over any nigger or lesbian they find.
Most Christians won't acknowledge that about Mithras/Isis,etc. Much more respect earned when people are willing to hold their beliefs up to scrutiny.

They refuse to recognize anything White and Western, and that includes anything done by our women. Trotula of Salerno (texts in the 12th century on women's medicine written by an Italian woman), Emily Du Chatelet (mathematician and physicist in the 1700s), Hildegard of Bingen (writer/composer)...too White to be recognized. Heterosexual and became-gasp-wives and mothers. They cease to be seen as 'cool' in that case.

Old February 2nd, 2017 #7
steven clark

Default Handmaid's Tale comes to Hulu

A woman I admire is Margaret Fuller (1810-1850), an intellectual, journalist, friend of Emerson and Thoreau. She was a remarkable thinker, preferred classicism to New England's romantic/transcendental movement, and became America's first foreign correspondent. Margaret also fell in love with an Italian duke, fought with him in the war of Italian liberation (1848) against the Papacy, and bore his child.

Edgar Alan Poe said 'there are three sexes: men, women, and Margaret Fuller.'
I wrote a play about her, and it was a finalist in a local drama contest, and also got a staged reading for Women's History Month. People love it, but I send it to the big boys and it goes nowhere. Seems now, what the media wants is blacks. Margaret is a fascinating, dynamic character. My play, The Countess of the Dial, was carefully researched.

Probably another woman you've heard of is Sorjuana, the poetess and dramatist, who was a nun in 17th century Mexico.

Old February 2nd, 2017 #8
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
"..Edgar Alan Poe said 'there are three sexes: men, women, and Margaret Fuller.'
I wrote a play about her, and it was a finalist in a local drama contest, and also got a staged reading for Women's History Month. People love it, but I send it to the big boys and it goes nowhere. Seems now, what the media wants is blacks. Margaret is a fascinating, dynamic character. My play, The Countess of the Dial, was carefully researched."
Don't give up on it-that would be pretty cool..pro-White theater/plays. Definitely not the way it is now-theater is gay, gay, gay, and Jewish. And black.

Quote:
Probably another woman you've heard of is Sorjuana, the poetess and dramatist, who was a nun in 17th century Mexico.
I've not heard of her, I'll check it out. I'm semi fascinated right now with Mary Queen of Scots, who was beheaded and thrown off the throne-the Stuarts apparently go back to the Byzantine Greek Komnenos family, and some Russians named 'Rotislava'. Lots of weird dynamics in the Royal Families of Europe.

But of course Hulu wants to do shows making fun of/denigrating Whites, promoting homosexuality, and similar.
And they're not even funny when they do it. The only funny people on TV are blacks when they are acting quintessentially black and niggertastic.

Old February 2nd, 2017 #9
steven clark

Default The Handmaid's Tale

Sorjuana is very fascinating, and her poetry is considered some of the best in Spanish baroque literature. Octavio Paz wrote a very thoughtful biography about her. Her picture is on Mexican currency.

Another famous woman is Zenobia, Queen of Palmyra, who, in the
second century AD, defeated Rome for awhile, even retaking Egypt until she was defeated. Zenobia was Arab, although Palmyra at that time was a mix of Arab, Greek, and Roman culture. She was a lot like Boadica in Britain, and the architectural treasures of her city is part of the stuff Isis had been blowing up a while ago because it's pagan (not Islamic).
Even today, Arabs revere her.

You certainly know about Cleopatra. i think she got a raw deal from Roman propaganda considering her licentious and fickle. She was actually a very intelligent and thoughtful queen.

Old February 3rd, 2017 #10
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
You certainly know about Cleopatra. i think she got a raw deal from Roman propaganda considering her licentious and fickle. She was actually a very intelligent and thoughtful queen.
One of my stand-out favorite things was when Matt Hale told the tards on 'Politically Incorrect' about Cleopatra.
Matt had said something to the effect that Whites created all that is worthwhile in the world. A nigger started screeching, "Buh, wha about Kleeopatra!? She wuz da most bootiful wommin in da whirld!?"
Matt said, "Cleopatra was White.'

This was the late nineties and I was not even twenty yet-I didn't know if this was true or not due to my lack of proper education on the matter. Looked it up and sure enough Tutankhamun and Cleopatra were not niggers-they've had the DNA analyzed so we know this for certain. (Tutankhamun was mixed race, but he had majority White DNA). Ancient Egypt a good example of why we don't get cozy culturally with knee grows.

Old February 3rd, 2017 #11
steven clark

Default The handmaid's tale Comes to Hulu

I get annoyed with those Cleopatra-was-black assholes myself. It was very trendy in the nineties, and when a movie was made of her, a lot of complaints came because the actress playing her was from South America, and not black.

Cleopatra, like most of the ruling class, were descended from the Ptolemies,
who were Greek. I see the Greeks there as much like the Victorian British were in India. In charge, but not really mingling, although if you want to get an idea of the racial mixture of Egypt, look at the Faynim portraits…mummy portraits made of the dead in the second century AD. The people are mostly Mediterranean looking. Alexandria was very much a Greek city, and I also think Cleopatra would have looked much more western then Egyptian.
When Charlton Heston made a movie of Anthony and Cleopatra, he was firm on having her look Greek.
A recent series on HBO, Rome, was pretty good, but i disliked the way they made Cleopatra and her court look…Egyptian weird. i think the actress was Indian.

I even read somewhere where some black feminist 'proved' Hypatia was black…yuck.

Another woman i thought about was Maria Luisa, Queen of Prussia. Very fascinating and full of life, and although her political ideas of taking on Napoleon proved disastrous, she was quite a woman. There is a recent German film about her on youtube.

Thread