VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 21st, 2020 #101
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Anything out there smarter than humans is probably using something like this, Ray. Or something inconceivable.

https://phys.org/news/2020-06-techni...e-phonons.html

I don't see any wisdom in seeking out other species, and I agree with Stephen Hawking that we should keep our heads low, and not make ourselves "interesting". We got too many fucking problems of our own to sort out. I certainly wouldn't trust (((current powers))) to faithfully negotiate with visitors.
That is entirely possible any aliens out there are using something like this, or some faster-than-light communications, like Star Trek's "subspace radio." I've speculated for decades about exactly this. For humans with our present level of technology, trying to detect something like this would be like Benjamin Franklin with his kite and lightning experiment in the 18th century trying to build a working radio transmitter and receiver with his level of scientific knowledge--it's just not possible. Also, ETs could be well aware of our existence and have been for a very long time, but may have some kind of "Prime Directive" of non-interference with primitive species--some scientists call this the Zoo Hypothesis. Which probably is a good idea at the moment given the state of (((current powers))) on this planet. Nonetheless, I still hope I live long enough to see some sort of concrete evidence of intelligent life elsewhere in space.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old December 29th, 2020 #102
Ray Allan

Quote:
IMO, any directed alien message would be so fricking obvious we would not need to debate it. If aliens have built multi GW transmitters to broadcast to the other civs, they are not going to waste it with cryptic messages.

Any accidental emission of RF would be likely to be low power and therefore only detectable at very close range, and indistinguishable from noise.

An advanced civ would probably not use RF anyway, I think the only reason we are looking for RF is because that is about all we can do with our current level of tech. The chances are that another civ is either millions of years behind, in which case there are no signals to detect, or millions of years ahead, in which case their presence would be obvious - if they want it to be.
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/in...156#msg2173156

Old January 8th, 2021 #103
Ray Allan

New telescope to look for laser pulses from life around other planets

https://news.berkeley.edu/story_jump...other-planets/

Old January 9th, 2021 #104
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Sun-like Star Identified As the Potential Source of the Wow! Signal

https://www.discovermagazine.com/the...the-wow-signal
I hope astronomers can use the upcoming James Webb Space Telescope or similar instrument to search this star, called 2MASS19281982-2640123 (long name, can we just call it the 'Wow! Star' or something?) for any exoplanets that might be orbiting it? It would certainly be interesting if an Earth-sized planet was discovered orbiting in this star's habitable zone, too.

Old January 25th, 2021 #105
Ray Allan

Default Is Oumuamua alien technology?

Old January 26th, 2021 #106
Ray Allan

Default The Great Silence/Fermi Paradox

Old January 27th, 2021 #107
Crowe

Quote:
It doesn't make much sense for the solar sail comparison. They said this object was tumbling through space, and why would a solar sail be tumbling in such manner? If an object that large was getting towed by a solar sail, the sail would have been detected.

It's an odd object, I'll give them that, 10x as long as it is wide. It does makes sense for a ship to be tumbling, that creates centrifugal force that can simulate gravity.

Old January 28th, 2021 #108
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
It doesn't make much sense for the solar sail comparison. They said this object was tumbling through space, and why would a solar sail be tumbling in such manner? If an object that large was getting towed by a solar sail, the sail would have been detected.

It's an odd object, I'll give them that, 10x as long as it is wide. It does makes sense for a ship to be tumbling, that creates centrifugal force that can simulate gravity.
The solar sail hypothesis didn't make much sense to me, either. If we have telescopes and instruments that can determine a piece of manmade space junk such as a rocket stage from an asteroid, something as large as a solar sail could have been detected even at the distance Oumuamua was from Earth. As much as some people such as Harvard jew Avi Loeb would like to believe it's an ancient, defunct alien probe, chances are high of it being a natural object, just one we've never encountered before. Perhaps we will get a better look at the next interstellar object that wanders into our solar system, which astronomers now think there could be many.

Old January 28th, 2021 #109
Crowe

I don't believe solar sails have been proven, it's just an idea on paper. If they can send a probe to one of the outer planets using a solar sail, and get it back to Earth, then you could call me a believer. However, if I understand the concept right, they'd still need boosters on the return trip, or a gravity assist to catapult it back to Earth. So they'd have to retract or remove the solar sails on the return trip. Jupiter would be perfect for doing a gravity assist. Micro meteorites would shred a solar sail though, and potentially compromise it. The bigger the sail, the more likely it is to take damage. I guess the question is, can a solar sail still work efficiently if it's swiss cheese?

Old April 5th, 2021 #110
Ray Allan

JMG does make a good case for continued use of electromagnetic radio in SETI and that other civilizations could possibly do the same.

But the main reason I watch his videos is for the "universe in which we liiiive" line he does at the end of them.

Old April 28th, 2021 #111
Ray Allan

Default 1973 Skylab III UFO

Unexplained UFO in space. It's intrigued me since 1973 when the Skylab III astronauts first made the sighting. Alien spacecraft, man-made satellite, space debris or equipment jettisoned from Skylab itself?

Old May 2nd, 2021 #112
Donncha Dennis

I find it strange they are releasing all this info out now. Are we going through another "up down" period as i call it? Where they release things tantalize us give us just a little bit more of info then shut it down for another 10-20 years? Or are we seeing a real push by young millennial yuppie's in government to release the goods? I mean surely most of these aircraft are just government programs with designs and development years ahead of what we see.

Old May 2nd, 2021 #113
Paul Anthony
Banned

Shit.. till this day I get called "conspiracy theorist" for saying 9/11 was an inside job!! But fuxnews and all over jewtube are promoting "ufos"?????

I still get shit from the babyboomers for saying there were 3 shooters that shot Kennedy!!!

Old May 5th, 2021 #114
Ray Allan

Default Apollo 11's UFO

What was the UFO the Apollo 11 astronauts spotted en route to the moon?

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...ldrin_ufo.html

As Buzz explained, the "UFO" was most likely one of the four jettisoned Lunar Module cover panels, or adaptors as NASA called them.

Old May 27th, 2021 #115
Ray Allan

Default Salyut 7's "angels"

https://www.ufoinsight.com/space/his...hallucinations

Old June 7th, 2021 #116
Ray Allan

Report: NASA investigating UFO sightings, agency chief says

Quote:
NASA is now on the perplexing UFO case.

NASA chief Bill Nelson, who assumed his post just last month, has asked agency researchers to look into the spate of UFO sightings that U.S. Navy pilots have reported over the past two decades, CNN reported.

"Now that I'm here at NASA, I've turned to our scientists and I've said, 'Would you, looking at it from a scientific standpoint, see if you can determine [what these objects are], so that we can have a better idea?'" Nelson told CNN's Rachel Crane in an interview that the network posted online Friday (June 4).

"The bottom line is, we want to know," he added. "And that's what we're trying to do."
https://www.space.com/nasa-investiga...os-bill-nelson

Old June 11th, 2021 #117
Ray Allan

'No evidence' UFOs are alien spacecraft, but they're not American, Pentagon says

Quote:
A new report from U.S. intelligence officials claims that there's no evidence that the unidentified flying objects (UFOs) sighted in recent years - even objects that seemed to perform aerodynamic feats beyond the capabilities of human aircraft - are extraterrestrial in origin.

But the objects aren't American made technologies, either, officials said in the report. In that case, what are these UFOs? It's hard to say with certainty, as many of the likeliest explanations - weather balloons or other airborne experiments, for instance - are contradicted by the unusual speed or maneuverability of the objects, according to the report.

These and other assessments of unexplained sightings were included in a long-awaited Pentagon document on UFOs that has not yet been released, the New York Times reported June 3, citing "senior administration officials" who were briefed on the report's findings.

The report is scheduled for presentation to Congress by June 25, and most of it will be made available to the public, the Times reported. However, the government is keeping parts of the report classified, though this portion of the document "will not contain any evidence concluding that the phenomena are alien spacecraft," according to the Times.
https://www.space.com/ufos-not-alien...entagon-report

Old June 15th, 2021 #118
Ray Allan

Default UFOs swarm around another Gavy ship

What's the attraction to these faggots? It's not like their technology would be any threat to aliens.

Old June 28th, 2021 #119
Ray Allan

Aliens could have spotted Earth cross the sun from more than 1,700 star systems

Quote:
In the past 5,000 years, more than 1,700 nearby stars could have seen Earth and potentially detected life here, and four of those stars are known to posess rocky planets of their own, a new study finds.

When astronomers hunt for exoplanets, the most productive strategy to date is to look for worlds that "transit," or cross in front of their stars. "Seventy percent of all known exoplanets have been found by transits so far," study lead author Lisa Kaltenegger, an astrophysicist and director of the Carl Sagan Institute at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, told Space.com.

This led Kaltenegger to speculate what star systems could see Earth. Last year she and her colleagues identified more than 1,000 nearby stars that could currently see the pale blue dot of Earth cross in front of the sun. But then she began to wonder how vantage points of Earth might change over time.

. . . Perhaps anyone seeing Earth from a distant star might want a closer look at our planet. For instance, the $100 million Breakthrough Starshot project aims to launch microchip-size spacecraft at the closest exoplanet detected around Proxima Centauri 4.2 light-years from Earth to better study that world.
https://www.space.com/finding-planet...-earth-transit

Old July 6th, 2021 #120
Nikola Bijeliti
fluxmaster

Quote:
Aliens could have spotted Earth cross the sun from more than 1,700 star systems

Quote:
For instance, the $100 million Breakthrough Starshot project aims to launch microchip-size spacecraft at the closest exoplanet detected around Proxima Centauri 4.2 light-years from Earth to better study that world.
https://www.space.com/finding-planet...-earth-transit
The Breakthrough Starshot project sounds like an interesting idea.

All these ideas…are chained to the existence of men, to who[m]…they owe their existence. Precisely in this case the preservation of these definite races and men is the precondition for the existence of these ideas. --Adolf Hitler

Thread