Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 18th, 2013 #1
IlDuce
Banned

Default The Vanguard News Network webbrowser (Check it out!)

In keeping with my previous post I made here about adapting our message to the technological age, I present to you all my first contribution: The Vanguard News Network webbrowser

It's basically just TOR with bookmarks and a news feed reader. It was inspired by the Pirate Browser.

Google, Yandex, Pirate Bay, et. al. are now using customized webbrowesers to expand their userbase, we should do the same!

Hopefully Varg or someone with more coding knowledge than me can take it over and add more features relevant to our cause.

But in the interim, I humbly request that Alex Linder put a download link on the top of the page. This is the best propaganda tool we've had in years, and in the least, it will be a good way to drive traffic to this forum. I don't know how anyone can open that browser, click the links or newsfeeds, and ever think the same again.

Features:
Tor browser
Specialized bookmarks
RSS reader with pre-subscribed feeds

Feel free to add stuff to it, re-upload it, and share it with your comrades!

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/28310034/file.html

Last edited by IlDuce; December 18th, 2013 at 07:44 PM.

Old December 18th, 2013 #2
IlDuce
Banned

Things I want to add:

IRC chat
More bookmarks and news feeds.

For VNN, you could set the homepage to VNN, customize the button to say VNN Browser, add an IRC VNN chat to it,and do whatever else you can think of. It would be a great way to turn traffic into subscribers, expand VNN's userbase, and open many people's eyes.

I hope people download it, customize it, and then re-upload it. Lets see what you come up with!

Old December 18th, 2013 #3
bobmcharris
Banned

To bad it's for winblows.

Old December 18th, 2013 #4
IlDuce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmcharris View Post
To bad it's for winblows.

Feel free to add the bookmarks, RSS feeds/Firefox Brief plugin, then upload and distribute a linux version.

It would be great if we turn this into a community effort and have our own VNN browser!

Old December 18th, 2013 #5
IlDuce
Banned

Anyone know how we can have a secure chat added to this browser?

Maybe a coder can come up with a Firefox extension that whilst logged into VNN and using the VNN browser you can chat with online members? This is what will retain membership, bring in new people, and increase engagement/loyalty

Otherwise, Firefox's ChatZilla connected through a dedicated IRC channel?

With the live feeds this is a white news browser, but it would be great to be able to make it a social browser as well.

Add some branding, change the menu button to say "VNNBrowser", and this will really help grow membership here and drive in more traffic!

Last edited by IlDuce; December 18th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

Old December 19th, 2013 #6
varg

Considering how easily you could spread malware and viruses under "The Vanguard News Network Browser" binary file, we do not suggest anyone use it, nor do you have permission to use that name.

Old December 19th, 2013 #7
varg

and doing this wouldn't bring more people to VNN.

Modifying Tor Browser (which is a modified Firefox) by just changing the name and adding bookmarks isn't anything that can't be done in a few seconds by the user.

If you were to actually modify firefox's real source code and make significant changes, and you provided me with the modified source code so I could build the binary from source I wouldn't have a problem with it. But I can't allow links to unverified binaries on here as a general rule.

Thanks for the initiative but think of how easily someone could come on here and infect a bunch of people while using VNN's name.

Maybe I'll look into building a customized version with things you suggested if I have time.

Old December 19th, 2013 #8
Crowe

Ilduce, why should we go out on a limb and trust a piece of coding you modified that hasn't been put under professional scrutiny?

Old December 19th, 2013 #9
IlDuce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Ilduce, why should we go out on a limb and trust a piece of coding you modified that hasn't been put under professional scrutiny?
The point was to put it out and make it a community browser.

People with more coding skills then I could modify it further and read the source.

Then an endorsement from VNN would assure people of it's authenticity.

All I did was add bookmarks and a newsfeed reader to Tor.

A White webbrowser would be the best propaganda tool we've had in years, and for VNN, it would be a way to retain membership, bring in new members, and increase engagement with the site. It's a win-win for everyone.

I don't know why this thread was put in this forum, this is a really good idea. Maybe transfer it to the Computer forum at least.

Old December 19th, 2013 #10
IlDuce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
and doing this wouldn't bring more people to VNN.
Yes it would! Just like the Chrome Browser brings people to Google, or the Yandex browser brings people to Yandex

Quote:
Modifying Tor Browser (which is a modified Firefox) by just changing the name and adding bookmarks isn't anything that can't be done in a few seconds by the user.

If you were to actually modify firefox's real source code and make significant changes, and you provided me with the modified source code so I could build the binary from source I wouldn't have a problem with it. But I can't allow links to unverified binaries on here as a general rule.
Tor is already a stand alone browser. All I requested was you put some branding on it and maybe add a chat function to be able to communicate with online members (this would really increase engagement)

Old December 19th, 2013 #11
varg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlDuce View Post
Yes it would! Just like the Chrome Browser brings people to Google, or the Yandex browser brings people to Yandex
The only people who would use it would already know about VNN, and wouldn't want to use an outdated clone of firefox- with the only difference being bookmarks..

Quote:
Tor is already a stand alone browser. All I requested was you put some branding on it and maybe add a chat function to be able to communicate with online members (this would really increase engagement)
What's even the point of using TOR on VNN? Do you think it offers you some sort of security? All it does is slow your connection down. Actually it's more risky because you're tunneling your traffic through something that the U.S. govt heavily funds. The US govt, and other people are known to set up fake tor exit nodes with the purpose of sniffing traffic. Tor doesn't offer much in terms of security or encryption..

The only point of TOR is to bypass filtering, or to hide your IP from the websites your visiting.. I don't believe it offers you anonymity from the NSA or the government. Using Tor on here is fine, but it also might make us more suspicious of you, since trolls are usually more likely to abuse proxies.

Old December 19th, 2013 #12
IlDuce
Banned

Quote:
The only people who would use it would already know about VNN, and wouldn't want to use an outdated clone of firefox- with the only difference being bookmarks..

What's even the point of using TOR on VNN? Do you think it offers you some sort of security? All it does is slow your connection down. Actually it's more risky because you're tunneling your traffic through something that the U.S. govt heavily funds. The US govt, and other people are known to set up fake tor exit nodes with the purpose of sniffing traffic. Tor doesn't offer much in terms of security or encryption..

The only point of TOR is to bypass filtering, or to hide your IP from the websites your visiting.. I don't believe it offers you anonymity from the NSA or the government. Using Tor on here is fine, but it also might make us more suspicious of you, since trolls are usually more likely to abuse proxies.
I use Tor just to mask my IP. That's all I, or any WN needs, as I doubt any of us will have a Justice Department investigation for posting information online. Leaving your IP everywhere can be dangerous, especially for many people that view, signup for, and post on, sites like VNN from work, etc.

But the Tor browser I posted is a news browser with pre-installed links and feeds for any WN or white person curious about the ongoing genocide of our people.

I'll add more features and plugins making it more relevant to our cause eventually. I'm even studying code to implement chat functionality, or maybe just add ChatZilla pre-connected to a WN IRC channel.

The Pirate Bay browser is just Tor with pre-installed bookmarks and has had millions of downloads already!

I think people are moving away from forums, and my idea was that this browser would drive more traffic here and retain membership engagement. This forum would serve as a hub.

It's a new way to disseminate information whilst turning visitors/traffic into subscribers.

I just posted it here and tried to get VNN to adopt it and add a seal of approval so people know it's safe.

Last edited by IlDuce; December 19th, 2013 at 09:24 PM.

Old December 19th, 2013 #13
varg

Well I like your idea. I just don't know if people should run a binary from an unknown source. I'll put together something like you're talking though, as long as I can trust the binaries.

Old December 20th, 2013 #14
Jae Manzel

Quote:
Yes it would! Just like the Chrome Browser brings
people to Google, or the Yandex browser brings
people to Yandex
I think 'funny cat videos' can bring more people!

Old December 20th, 2013 #15
IlDuce
Banned

Quote:
Well I like your idea. I just don't know if people should run a binary from an unknown source. I'll put together something like you're talking though, as long as I can trust the binaries.
Yeah, I understand. That's why I posted it here, with VNN branding and endorsement people will feel more secure about it, instead of me releasing it through my own small sites.

But I really believe it will turn traffic into subscribers, increase user engagement with the site, and be the best tool to increase membership here.

Just change the "TorBrowser" menu button to "VNNBrowser" for branding, and set the homepage to VNN and news feed reader to the forum posts. Add a VNN chat and it could be great!

My marketing plan is messaging left wing liberal sites "Check out the 'White Web Browser' - white supremacists are adopting their strategy", and posting it all over Reddit haha

Old December 20th, 2013 #16
M.N. Dalvez

Quote:
It's basically just TOR with bookmarks and a news feed reader.
Doesn't sound like much of a 'contribution' ...

Quote:
But I really believe it will turn traffic into subscribers
How will a personalised TOR browser (which is something anyone can do, if I'm not too much mistaken) do that?

Quote:
I just posted it here and tried to get VNN to adopt it and add a seal of approval so people know it's safe.
A more suspicious person could posit that it's an attempt to attach a piece of malware to VNN's good name.

Come on. You've bragged you have a 'number' of your own WN websites - why not release this 'contribution' through them?

Quote:
maybe add a chat function to be able to communicate with online members
VNN had a chat room, which was closed down.

It's my understanding that IRC chat rooms are usually implemented through web-browsers using Java, which opens up all kinds of security vulnerabilities.

Thread