Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > The Personal Solution: Living White > Working
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old March 6th, 2006 #1
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Default Better to work a lucrative & unpleasant job or do something you like doing for less..

...money?

"...I work at a computer job and I envy the janitors. I envy the Mexican landscapers even more. I'd much rather mow lawns and rake leaves than help people with their e-mail. My job is torture -- the enforced sitting 40 hours a week causes me physical pain. I need physical activity to feel normal. My body is falling apart from all this sitting. But it's the only job that pays enough to take care of my family. My wife says that if she gets rich someday she and my daughter will go on vacations without me, because I don't care about seeing the world, all I care about is an absence of pain (working in the office). She says that all I want out of life is to spend my days sitting on a pile of horseshit, drinking wine and talking to myself. I spend my days in enforced sitting in physical pain reading "Peak Oil" sites and praying for global doom so I can walk out of the office a Free Man and be a subsistence farmer and perhaps get a Halliburton contract to dispose of the corpses that will be piling up in New England. I hope someday to spend my days repossessing McMansion subdivisions, dismantling most of the McMansions and selling the scrap materials, and reclaiming farmland, and keeping 2 or three of them as farmhouses and barns. I told my Puerto Rican co-workers it was a Jewish holiday today, and that if they see a Jew to say, "Happy Holocaust Day, Best Wishes for 6 million more." They didn't believe me. anyway, I'm definitely a Buddhist. I want a simple life. The wife hates the gardens I build. My gardens are very effective for producing food, but all the wife sees are uneven piles of horse manure. I get several truckloads of horse manure a week. I've probably brought a quarter million pounds of horse manure to my 1 acre of gardens..."

Old March 6th, 2006 #2
TwistedCross
Smart Ass White Boy

I once worked long hours for good money and was unhappy. I took a few weeks off (without pay) just to get away from work for a few. It was during that time I woke up.

As long as you make enough to support your family, have enough left over to do the things you enjoy, and have enough to set some aside for a rainy day and retirement. WTF are you doing the rest of it for? A shiny Rolls Royce? Do you want the largest TV on the block so all your buddies can come over and watch basketball?

Find a job doing something that you love and you will never work a day in your life.

Old March 7th, 2006 #3
Sean Martin

I work long hours farming and building homes; it is not what it is cracked up to be. I have to work in the sun, rain and snow. I am so sick of it I am selling off my Tennessee land (40 acres for $12,000).

If I had my way I would rather be flipping burgers, but I liked walking in and paying cash for an SUV, truck and house. So I guess I will farm and deal in real estate until I can retire and flip hamburgers. I am probably one of the very few people that would look forward to being 50 and working in a restaurant.

Old March 7th, 2006 #4
News
Friendly

I make almost enough to do what I enjoy doing. I enjoy what I do almost enough to keep doing what I don't enjoy to !$#@%!@$#

Old March 7th, 2006 #5
Kind Lampshade Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
...I am probably one of the very few people that would look forward to being 50 and working in a restaurant.
That's okay, if you win the lottery 1st. That way, if your boss claims that you're to slow at flipping burgers, you could tell him you'll open up a greasy spoon next to his and undercut his prices until he goes bankrupt and has to apply to you for a job

Old March 8th, 2006 #6
JoeSixPack
Opponent of Semitism

I work a computer/network support job and I have it pretty darn easy. Some days I have to deal with fscking idiots but usally it is a breeze. Hell, I can sit on my ass every day for 6 hours and then go out onsite for 1-2 hours and I have earned enough to keep my paycheck coming.

Thankfully, my area is very White.

Old March 8th, 2006 #7
Sean Martin

They guy that owns the burger joint here (I would never work for McDonalds the other one) is a multi millionaire. He had around $25,000,000 when I worked for him I am sure it is much more now. He also did a lot of what I do now and I would work clearing land and repairing homes for him on my days off.

When I was 19 he was paying almost what a person would make in the coal mines, and that is the biggest paying job around here for most people.

When I started working for him I owed $6,000 and in 6 months I paid all my debts and took a year vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Lampshade Maker
That's okay, if you win the lottery 1st. That way, if your boss claims that you're to slow at flipping burgers, you could tell him you'll open up a greasy spoon next to his and undercut his prices until he goes bankrupt and has to apply to you for a job

Old March 9th, 2006 #8
Kind Lampshade Maker

In that case, wait for the world economy to default. When his 25 mill savings turn to economic dust, you'll both be equal, at last

Old April 27th, 2006 #9
Proud White Guy
Hates Jews,and Non-Whites

How about thinking independently, and starting your own business.

I did it, 15 years ago, when I could not find a job, in my field, and never looked back.

It's tough when you start, but well worth, the time and effort.

Everything I have is paid for, and I'm not a slave to anyone.

Think Independent. Don't be a sheep.

You guys have talent, and are smart, do it. ZOG wants to keep you enslaved, don't give em the satisfaction.

This is how you win, Independence, is the name of the game.

God Bless Elon Musk, Donald Trump, and America, and God Damn the anti-white, anti-christian, and anti-American jewish controlled media.

Old June 29th, 2006 #10
trismeigestus

Do what makes you happy,money is secondary just be sure to live frugally and get out of the"gotta have mentality"which is a jew media stratagem to enslave white people and denigrate our culture.I highly recommend you obtain a copy of "Living Well On Practically Nothing"by Edward Romney(?)lotsa of good practical advise.Good luck!

Old December 8th, 2008 #11
Mike Jahn
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Martin View Post
I work long hours farming and building homes; it is not what it is cracked up to be. I have to work in the sun, rain and snow. I am so sick of it I am selling off my Tennessee land (40 acres for $12,000).

If I had my way I would rather be flipping burgers, but I liked walking in and paying cash for an SUV, truck and house.
Sure you did Ducky, sure you did.

Old December 8th, 2008 #12
psychologicalshock
Banned

I heard Duck polishes shoes for 110 dollars an hour nowadays.

Old December 8th, 2008 #13
Mike Jahn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychologicalshock View Post
I heard Duck polishes shoes for 110 dollars an hour nowadays.
Is that during the day? And at night he's a pro wrestling manager?

Old December 31st, 2008 #14
Pennsylvania Man
Banned

give me a break

Old January 9th, 2009 #15
Anne

Job dissatisfaction can have a negative impact on one's health. There are plenty of online aptitude and personality tests to help one find out which occupation is ideal for you. "What Color is Your Parachute?" is the best-selling book in career counselling. An economic downturn/crisis may provide the opportunity for self-assessment.

Old January 9th, 2009 #16
Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
Find a job doing something that you love and you will never work a day in your life.
Exactly. There's nothing worse than waking up and dreading going to work. Sadly, at any given time, between 60 and 70 percent of the population would rather change their jobs.

Self-knowledge is important. Start out with simple questions like, would you prefer working with people, ideas, or things? Of course, jobs will usually consist of a bit of all three, but there is usually a main focus.

Old January 13th, 2009 #17
Anne

A useful book for job-seekers: "Job-Hunting Online" by the same author of "What Color is Your Parachute", Richard Nelson Bolles. It has references to many websites, from job listings to self-assessment tools.

Old January 13th, 2009 #18
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
There's nothing worse than waking up and dreading going to work.
But it's one of the best motivators for getting people to do something to improve their lot in life.

Old January 13th, 2009 #19
Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
But it's one of the best motivators for getting people to do something to improve their lot in life.
Good point. There are only so many nights waking up in a cold sweat that a person can take, lol. Unfortunately, out of fear and financial burdens, people stay in their jobs and it ends up taking a toll on their health.

Old January 13th, 2009 #20
Mike Mazzone of Palatine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Good point. There are only so many nights waking up in a cold sweat that a person can take, lol. Unfortunately, out of fear and financial burdens, people stay in their jobs and it ends up taking a toll on their health.
It's healthier to stay employed. It makes you feel useful.

Thread