Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 24th, 2013 #1
Dalton Fury

Default Fag "activist" honored by Obama charged with sex crimes against a 14-yr-old boy

Gay teen activist honored by Obama charged with sex crimes against a 14-yr-old boy

Quote:
PHOENIX, November 20, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – An openly homosexual teenager, who was given a position as an “adviser” to Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton and honored by President Barack Obama at a White House “gay pride” dinner, has been indicted on more than a dozen counts of sexual misconduct with a minor under the age of 15.

Caleb Laieski, now 18, was 17 at the time of the alleged abuse. His alleged victim, a close friend he met on TrevorSpace (a social media site for children and young adults aged 13-24 who have an interest in homosexuality), was only 14 at the time. The younger boy said the sex was consensual, but that he felt “pressured” to participate. However, Arizona law says no one younger than 15 is capable of giving consent.

In an unusual twist, Laieski is also considered a victim in the case, since at least some of the charges stem from a three-way sexual encounter the boys had with 43-year-old Chris Wilson, an openly homosexual Phoenix police officer who was arrested more than a year ago and is now in jail awaiting trial for his role in the abuse of both children. Although Laieski was a minor at the time, his participation in sex acts with the younger boy violate state law, which says it is a crime for older minors to have sexual contact with children under the age of 15.

Laieski rose to national prominence after he and a 35-year-old friend, Casey Cameron, sent e-mails to 5,000 Arizona schools in 2011 demanding special protections for gay students and threatening legal action if they failed to bring their policies in line with his demands. The teen then dropped out of high school, got his GED, and traveled to Washington, D.C., to lobby for the Student Non-Discrimination Act.

In 2012, Laieski was given a position in Mayor Stanton’s office as a “youth and diversity liaison,” advising the mayor on matters of policy having to do with youth, particularly gay youth. He was an “advocate on loan,” meaning his salary was funded by an outside group, called “One in Ten.”

According to police records, part of his job was to represent the mayor’s office at local homosexual protests, which is how he got to know Wilson, who was usually assigned as the officer in charge of policing such events.

Wilson met the two boys while serving on the Phoenix Police Department’s Community Response Squad as a liaison officer to the homosexual community in 2012. At the time of Wilson’s arrest, he had known Laieski for three years, but had only recently met the younger boy, when all three attended an event at the Phoenix Arts Center.

The alleged sex between the three occurred late in 2012 at Laieski’s apartment, where the 14-year-old was also staying. (Laieski told investigators that the younger boy’s mother wanted them to “be together as a couple” and would often drop her son off for “weeks at a time” at his apartment, where he lived alone.) After a dinner at Chili’s restaurant during which the 14-year-old reportedly made aggressive sexual overtures toward Wilson, Wilson drove the boys back to Laieski’s apartment and went inside with them. Eventually, the three ended up in bed together.

Initially, investigators saw Laieski only as a victim in the case, but police records show that Laieski actively pressured his young friend not to tell anyone about the abuse in order to protect his rising star from being tarnished, even after the younger boy became suicidal.

Click "like" if you want to defend true marriage.

In transcripts taken from police records, it seems clear Laieski understood their encounter with Wilson was wrong and could get him in trouble. When the younger boy begged Laieski to go with him to the police, Laieski told him no. He said he was negotiating with Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius over a possible White House job, and he worried that if anyone found out he’d been involved in a crime, he’d lose the opportunity.

“Can you please come with me?” the boy begged Laieski via iMessage. “I don’t want to do this alone.”

Laieski refused. “I can not do that,” he said. “Reports are public record and I don’t need that press. Nor does our city.”

“Minors are not public record,” the younger boy protested.

“Umm, documents can be requested, absolutely,” Laieski replied. “I have a phone call with the Secretary of HHS about me working at the White House,” he added. “I am not going to allow this to get in my way. I don’t think you understand that reporting this [to the police] doesn’t only affect Chris [Wilson]. It defiantly [sic] would affect me as well.”

Later, the younger boy’s mother appealed to Laieski in a phone call, pleading with him to support her son’s decision to go to the authorities.

“I don’t think you know how much he’s been holding in, fear and shame,” the woman said of her son, according to transcripts. Of the encounter with Wilson, she told Laieksi her son “wants it all to go away and he regrets it and he loves you and was confused and scared and has been for weeks.”

“So, reporting it will help?” Laieski retorted. “Are you going forward with this or not? This is eating me up and stressing me out times 10, so I would like to know.”

The boy’s mother told Laieski she was worried about his well-being, too. She told him that as a minor, if he came forward, his identity would probably be protected, and he could get some help.

But Laieski disagreed, stating that because of his work with the mayor’s office, it would likely go public – with his name attached.

The mother replied that her hands were tied – knowing what she knew, she would have to report what happened, or she would risk being charged with child neglect.

“Okay, well, I’m done with this conversation and our relationship,” Laieski told her.

“I’m protecting my son and making sure he is healthy and safe,” the woman shot back. “You can protect a predator. I’m sad for you.”

The younger boy’s family has sued the Phoenix police department for $10 million in damages related to the alleged molestation.

Meanwhile, Laieski has been lying low. Since Wilson’s arrest, he has all but withdrawn from homosexual activism. The White House job never materialized, so he took a job as a police dispatcher in Arlington, Virginia. He recently passed an exam to enter the police academy, a career goal he developed sometime after meeting Wilson.

Laieski has pleaded not guilty to all of the charges against him. “At the time these instances were alleged to have occurred, my [client] was legally a child,” his attorney, Cary Lackey, told the Arizona Republic. “These are allegations. He’s presumed innocent.”

Laieski was released without bail and has returned to Arlington. He is on administrative leave from his job at the police department pending the outcome of his trial.

Thread