VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 27th, 2011 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Political Violence in Ireland

[not the right piece to start this thread, but nevertheless, we'll start it anyway.]

'Media war' as RIRA threatens to kill nationalists

By Suzanne Breen, Brendan Farrelly and Tom Brady

Tuesday April 26 2011

THE internal battle between dissident terror gangs intensified yesterday as the Real IRA threatened to kill young nationalists who join the PSNI, and declared Queen Elizabeth's first visit to the Republic an "insult".

The renegades are now fighting a 'media war' in a bid to establish their group as the leading terror faction.

The Real IRA has slipped down in the pecking order over the past six months as the group styling itself as Oglaigh na hEireann is now regarded by the security forces on both sides of the border as posing the main terror threat.

And the murder of 25-year-old Catholic PSNI constable Ronan Kerr by a 'freelance' faction of former Provisional IRA activists, based in east Tyrone, has put further pressure on the two older groups, the RIRA and the Continuity IRA, to step up their campaigns of violence.

The ex-Provos, who are now known colloquially as the ET (east Tyrone) gang, put out a statement last week admitting responsibility for the young policeman's murder in Omagh.

But the PSNI and the gardai were in no doubt within 24 hours of the blast that the ET mob were to blame for the attack.

The emergence of the ET gang was revealed in the Irish Independent last November when the group was considering forming an alliance with Oglaigh ha hEireann. The group has since decided to abandon that plan.

The chilling threat to nationalists was delivered yesterday when a masked RIRA man addressed the 32 County Sovereignty Movement 1916 commemoration at the Creggan Cemetery in Derry.

And in a warning ahead of the visit to Ireland next month of Queen Elizabeth, a masked member of the Derry branch of the RIRA said she was not wanted on Irish soil.

A police helicopter hovered overhead but no attempt was made to break up the gathering of several hundred people.

The masked speaker read out the statement to applause.

Protect

He called "on any young nationalist who may have been sold the lie that the RUC/PSNI is somehow a reformed, non-political police service to think again. Those who think they are serving their community are in fact serving the occupation and will be treated as such", he said. "The GAA, Catholic Church and constitutional nationalism will be unable to protect those who turn traitor.

"They are as liable for execution as anyone else regardless of their religion, cultural background or motivation."

He urged Irish people to "resist the visit of the queen to Ireland".

"The queen of England is wanted for war crimes in Ireland and not wanted on Irish soil. We will do our best to ensure she and the gombeen class that act as her cheerleaders get that message," he said.

The Real IRA said it wanted to state "clearly and unequivocally" that it wasn't in any negotiations or dialogue with either the London or Dublin governments "or anyone that represents them".

- Suzanne Breen, Brendan Farrelly and Tom Brady

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...s-2629185.html

Old April 27th, 2011 #2
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

I don't know a lot about the specifics of the Irish situation. It's a failing of mine because it's always struck me that there is some overlap (though I don't think 100%) between their situation and ours.

The first things I notice are:

a) the article is in the Independent, Britain's commie-chic newsrag, and

b) three journalists with notably Irish surnames were chosen to byline the story.

Old April 27th, 2011 #3
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

The first thing I'm wondering is whether the "Real IRA," the centerpiece of the story, is a government front organization, ie, false flag.

Old April 28th, 2011 #4
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
The first thing I'm wondering is whether the "Real IRA," the centerpiece of the story, is a government front organization, ie, false flag.
The UK govt has never been able to run a complete false flag operation in Irish Republicanism. Agents can be inserted, but not a whole organisation. Also, the things said have apparent authentic cadence.

Old April 28th, 2011 #5
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
The UK govt has never been able to run a complete false flag operation in Irish Republicanism. Agents can be inserted, but not a whole organisation. Also, the things said have apparent authentic cadence.
I'll take your word for it.

If I were on the side of the British government, I'd run an operation like this to smoke out the nitwits.

Otherwise, why give it the press coverage?

Maybe to further division within the (apparently already) divided "Republican" ranks?

Old April 28th, 2011 #6
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Also, I feel like a jackass now because this morning I realize that the article is from the Irish Independent (independent.ie) and not the Lebedev-operated Independent (independent.co.uk).

Please disregard my confused comments.

Old May 25th, 2011 #7
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

I feel like less of a jackass now, as I may have gotten the important bit right. Or it could be bollocks to try to get off. In any event, the whole business smells very narc-y to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Examiner
MI5 'behind Real IRA arms bid', Vilnius court told
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 03:37 PM

An Irish man suspected of trying to buy weapons for the Real IRA said today he was persuaded to take part in the operation by the British secret service.

Michael Campbell said in evidence at the Vilnius District Court that an MI5 agent had “provoked” him into going to Lithuania to buy weapons in 2008.

The 38-year-old was arrested three years ago in the Baltic state in an international sting operation with gardaí.

Campbell’s brother, Liam, is believed to be a senior Real IRA member.

Campbell’s evidence was his first since the case came to court in 2009.
Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...#ixzz1NNflK8qd

Thanks to our tom harris for posting the link in another thread.

Last edited by Leonard Rouse; May 25th, 2011 at 11:11 AM.

Old May 25th, 2011 #8
N.M. Valdez
SMASH THE FASH

Miccs will be miccs. "TMB."

Old May 25th, 2011 #9
Rae Kiley
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.M. Valdez View Post
Miccs will be miccs. "TMB."
lol At least try to be original.

Old May 27th, 2011 #10
Jurgenmac
Banned

All Irish republicanism is a false flag operation anyway. I have only met a handful who were not snakes.

I was talking to the supporters of Gerry McGeough recently and most were anti-racists, and he is the best of bunch when it comes to Republicans being right-wing Catholic not Marxist.
So English who have lived in Irish for centuries are not Irish in his world view but his own half-Spanish kids are Irish because they are Catholic. Makes lots of sense.

www.irish-nationalism.net did not like me pointing out Padraig Perase was a pedo by his own admission.

Thread