VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 1st, 2018 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default Star Wars = racist ?

A while ago I did a thread about the mysticism in Star Wars. . .

Since I'm a sucker for those movies , here is another observation . . .

To repeat myself , everybody can see I'm a Star Wars fan by by avatar , not because I subscribe to the 'dark side' but merely because I liked Ian McDiarmid's acting talent as the emperor . .

But . .is it just me or are these movies at the core "racist" , at least could be interpreted in a "racist" way ?

First of all , the concept about a universal force having both a 'light' and a 'dark' side . . .

Already that could be interpreted as the old way of thinking that everything which is light is 'good' and that everything which is dark is 'bad' . .

Also , look at the 'good guys'. . .

Anakin before he became Vader . . blonde haired and some kind of light-figure . .

Luke - light-haired hero . . .

Another Jedi ( not featured in the movies . .)

Jedi mistress Atris . . an almost angelic looking light-haired female. .

Now , look at some bad guys . .

Darth Maul . .
Completely dark appearance , swarthy and face paint reminiscent of African tribal paint . .

Darth Nihilus . . .

Again , completely in black , even with a mask reminiscent of African tribal masks. . .

Female Sith apprentice . .

Swarthy and body paint reminiscent of . .

Did this saga play hard on 'racist stereotypes' ?

Also , look at the 'life philosophies' of the Jedi / Sith . . .

The Jedi are told to live a 'civilised' life while the Sith , more often than not , act savage . .

'Savage' in a way that they are lead by their basic instincts. .

. .

'Racist' undertones ?

The whole concept of 'light < - > dark' thinking is central to Star Wars . .

Also , look at the plot. .

The Jedi ( 'light-side users' ) are the guardians of the Republic . .

The Republic is threatened by a 'dark force' . .

Well , inside the USA the Ku Klux Klan also proclaims to be there to 'protect the Christian republic' . .

They feel threatened by 'darkies ' . .

I don't know if any of you have heard of this but there are rumours that George Lucas' father was a member of the KKK . .

What do you think ?

Could the story be 'racially motivated' ?

By the way, I admit that the 'newer' films were politically correct . .

. . but could the story , at the core , be meant "racistly" ?

Last edited by ColdFire; August 1st, 2018 at 04:41 AM.

Old August 1st, 2018 #2
Ray Allan

Since George Lucas seems to have based the "Evil Galactic Empire" on the Third Reich with similar-looking uniforms, TIE fighters sounding like Stukas, Darth Vader's helmet resembling the Stahlhelm, etc., then that makes the Empire the good guys, right?

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old August 1st, 2018 #3
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Since George Lucas seems to have based the "Evil Galactic Empire" on the Third Reich with similar-looking uniforms, TIE fighters sounding like Stukas, Darth Vader's helmet resembling the Stahlhelm, etc., then that makes the Empire the good guys, right?

The Empire Were The Good Guys in Star Wars
Yep , you're right , some people compare the 'evil Galactic Empire' to Nazi Germany . .

But isn't it not far fetched to compare ANY supposed authoritarian government to "the Nazis" ?

Even basing it on it . . ?

I even think people subconsciously compare all 'evil governments' to the "Nazis" . .

No surprise. .

Or maybe it was just 'publicity-seeking' on Lucas' part . .

Anyway, I think a certain 'racism' shines through . .

I'm going to be honest and say that Darth Vader's mask somehow reminds of negroid facial structures. .

For the record , this guy gave him his voice . .

Thulsa-Doom from 'Conan The Barbarian' . .

It would appear James Earl Jones never gets tired of playing 'evil black characters' . .

Maybe cast him for a possible future cinematic biography of 'Martin Luther King' ?

. . perhaps I should say 'Marxist Looter Coon' . .

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...beast+as+saint

On a side note , concerning Star Wars , there are numerous allusions to the Sith being based on primitive savages . . .

This is the Sith species . .

Facial structures reminiscent of Negroes and / or even a similarity to American Indians are hard to ignore . .

This picture speaks for itself . .

I think it could be interpreted that pretty much all the good guys ( if not touched by political correctness ) are pretty much portrayed as 'light beings' while the baddies are portayed as dark savages . .

Old August 2nd, 2018 #4
Longbaugh

I disowned Star Wars when it dawned on me that A New Hope and Return of the Jedi were just bad retellings if W.W. I and W.W. II, and that Han Solo was a drug smuggler.

Quote:

Since George Lucas seems to have based the "Evil Galactic Empire" on the Third Reich with similar-looking uniforms, TIE fighters sounding like Stukas, Darth Vader's helmet resembling the Stahlhelm, etc., then that makes the Empire the Empire the good guys, right?

Darth Vader is more akin to a shogun in imperial Japan: his helmet and mask much more closely resemble that of samurai armour than a stahlhelm, he's a master of the blade, he practices an esoteric religion, and he's the supreme, military commander who serves at the behest of the emperor.

Nigger/Jew loving Lucas just mashed feudal Japan and early twentieth century Germany together to create his evil empire.

Old August 2nd, 2018 #5
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbaugh View Post
I disowned Star Wars when it dawned on me that A New Hope and Return of the Jedi were just bad retellings if W.W. I and W.W. II, and that Han Solo was a drug smuggler.
One scene in 'A New Hope' was modeled after 'Triumph Of The Will' . .

Otherwise I could not see why you compare the two episodes to WW1 and 2 ?

And yes , Solo was a drug smuggler . .

Quote:
Darth Vader is more akin to a shogun in imperial Japan: his helmet and mask much more closely resemble that of samurai armour than a stahlhelm, he's a master of the blade, he practices an esoteric religion, and he's the supreme, military commander who serves at the behest of the emperor.
Quote:
Nigger/Jew loving Lucas just mashed feudal Japan and early twentieth century Germany together to create his evil empire.
Yep . . .

Germany and Japan were allies in WW2 . . .

However , see my post # 3 above . .

Old August 2nd, 2018 #6
Longbaugh

ó
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post

Otherwise I could not see why you compare the two episodes to WW1 and 2 ?
In Episode IV, the Death Star represents the Kaiser Reich, being an already, well established, imperial order; while in Episode VI, the Death Star represents the Dritte Reich: an expanding, new (as it were), imperial order that is incomplete in its construction.

In both films, stormtroopers don't represent the Sturmabteilung so much as they do all Germanic peoples: just faceless, white (the armour), militaristic and militant (Prussian Germans) clones.

In both films, Luke Skywalker represents the America of the day (kind of hokey, somewhat naive, blue eyed, blond, farm boy), but without whom neither Death Star would be destroyed.

It's not an exact retelling, but the symbolism is there.

I haven't decided if Leia represents England or Israel, yet.

Old August 2nd, 2018 #7
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
ó

In Episode IV, the Death Star represents the Kaiser Reich, being an already, well established, imperial order; while in Episode VI, the Death Star represents the Dritte Reich: an expanding, new (as it were), imperial order that is incomplete in its construction.

In both films, stormtroopers don't represent the Sturmabteilung so much as they do all Germanic peoples: just faceless, white (the armour), militaristic and militant (Prussian Germans) clones.

In both films, Luke Skywalker represents the America of the day (kind of hokey, somewhat naive, blue eyed, blond, farm boy), but without whom neither Death Star would be destroyed.

It's not an exact retelling, but the symbolism is there.

I haven't decided if Leia represents England or Israel, yet.
Dude , you have a hell of an association . .

No offense but such ideas never occured to me . .

lol

There are many ideas concerning the symbolism in Star Wars ( and the tale definitely contains symbolism ) ranging from the story being an allegory to ancient Rome ( Republic < - -> Empire ) , to Nazi Germany even towards a Communist takeover of the US . .

Yet I for one am more interested in the metaphysical side of it all . .

Old September 21st, 2019 #8
Oma Temmer

Quote:
This is very obvious. The monolithic all-white uniforms, calling them Storm Troopers, evil White leaders, mind-hive thinking, killing everyone within reach and the opponents are this diverse group that come together for good.

It's very, very, very racial. Lucas has been accused of being a Jew, as far as I know he's not, but at least he's a raging mudshark with a black wife.

Two of the three stars have Jewish ancestry and so forth. Needless to say, Jews like taking credit for shit like this, so they write articles like this: The Secret Jewish History of ‘Star Wars' (links to The Forward).

Old September 21st, 2019 #9
ColdFire
Banned

No offense to some people here but no matter how much the Stormtroopers remind people of 'Nazis' ( see my post # 3 in this thread ) , no matter how much Lucas may come across as a race-taitor because he is in Hollywood ( see my post # 11 ) , I think I gave enough reasons in this thread to demonstrate why SW could be regarded as having a racist core . . . And jews are almost always present when it comes to Hollywood-movies . .

Old September 22nd, 2019 #10
Ray Allan

This is a galactic empire I could get into.

Old September 22nd, 2019 #11
Owain Jones

By Lucas own admission the Death Star sequence was lifted straight from the Dam Busters

& in fact, before the special effects were added all the dog fights etc were lifted from WWII films & included in the early rushes.

The Stormtroopers are openly based on WWII German troops & named after WWI German Stormtroopers.

All this has been done to death a million times over the last 40+ years.

Calling Star Wars racist is like calling Martin Luther King a Nazi, or the SPLC White nationalists.

Old January 8th, 2020 #12
Hugh Akston
Banned

Quote:
The real Kirk might have thought about doing that to Yvonne 'Batgirl' Craig's Marta in the original series...
She was willing, that's for sure. And Yvonne Craig was one of the hotter chicks to ever appear on original Star Trek. She also did a lot of dancing in 1964's, In Like Flint - probably because she was a professional dancer along with being an actress. Here she is doing a ballet scene with tough guy James Coburn at "Moscow's Russian Bolshoi Theater":

By the way, whatever happened to "Stewart Meadows"?

Old January 13th, 2020 #13
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
By the way, whatever happened to "Stewart Meadows"?

Gee , I do not know what happened to Stewie. .

But I do know what happened to Chewie . .

Sry , couldn't resist since this thread is about Star Wars . . .

Last edited by ColdFire; January 15th, 2020 at 04:38 AM.

Old January 13th, 2020 #14
Hugh Akston
Banned

Quote:
Gee , I do not know what happened to Stewie. . But I do know what happened to Chewie . .
Maybe Stewie got caught in a candy-making machine and turned into a gooey, chewie, Charleston Chewie!

Old January 14th, 2020 #15
Ray Allan

Stewie became Darth Vader.

Old January 14th, 2020 #16
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:

Old January 19th, 2020 #17
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
Maybe Stewie got caught in a candy-making machine and turned into a gooey, chewie, Charleston Chewie!

. . maybe he got caught by cannibals and they turned him into 'Irish Stew' . . ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_stew

. . .couldn't resist .

Last edited by ColdFire; January 21st, 2020 at 10:50 PM.

Old January 21st, 2020 #18
Ireland14
Banned

Quote:
One of my favorites

Not everyone's gusto though

Old January 19th, 2020 #19
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Yep . . .

Germany and Japan were allies in WW2 . . .

However , see my post # 3 above . .
Another funny interpretation I heard about Star Wars was that it was , indeed ,based on ancient Japan . .

. . . yet , to be honest ,I think many people interpret too much into it..

Last edited by ColdFire; January 21st, 2020 at 10:49 PM.

Thread