Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 22nd, 2005 #1
Faceless Goy

Default Small Businesses on eBay

Does anyone have a business on eBay or otherwise sell goods and items for profit? How effective and successful are you? Any tips/pointers for the newbies?

Old March 22nd, 2005 #2
Toni

I saw a commerical that overstock.com is going to compete with ebay - re: online auctions....just looked up the site

http://auctions.overstock.com/

I haven't put anything on ebay - but thought about it, seems like to much hassle.

Old March 22nd, 2005 #3
John in Woodbridge

Smile

I sell quite a bit of stuff on Ebay (also buy a lot on there) but I'm in no way a "power seller". "Power Sellers" can derive their total income or a major portion of it from business on Ebay. The trick is to build up positive feedback, so people feel confident buying from you.

If you can ship something, Ebay is a good way to sell, as their audience is so huge. Get a digital camera and link the pic to your ad so people can see what you are selling. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Old March 22nd, 2005 #4
Sean Martin

My neighbor runs a computer repair business and he used to buy cameras off E-Bay and sell them for a profit to a computer dealer in this area. Then the computer dealer would in turn sell them for a profit to people.

If you know what to buy and what is cheap you can run a decent business buying from E-bay. The problem is getting stuck with a bunch of stock.

I have several books I have gotten from used bookstores and flea markets for less than a dollar each and many of them are worth $10-450 each. I have a friend that is almost begging me to let him put them on E-bay for 10% and sell them. If you live in a poor area you can buy a lot of stuff if you know what to look for very cheap and sell it on E-bay for a profit.

E-bay is getting flooded lately and prices have plummeted as everyone has jumped on the bandwagon. Try another online auction. It may not be as big as E-bay but you will probably get more money for your product. Also if you have something to sell try specialty auctions. Like if you have an antique clock search for an online auction specializing in old clocks you will attract the people that are willing to spend big bucks on that particular product. On E-bay you will get a lot of people but not the people searching for that one type of thing. It may take some time to find other auction sites but it will be worth it when you get double or triple the payoff.

Check out these sites for some information

www.northerbys.com/

www.powerhomebiz.com/column/terri/sellmore.htm

www.scambusters.org/Scambusters43.html

shopping.xtramsn.co.nz/help/0,,7625-1256627,00.html

www.artbusiness.com/sellonline2.html

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072125772/

www.auctioninsights.com/

Old March 23rd, 2005 #5
sorinarlechin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Camaro
Does anyone have a business on eBay or otherwise sell goods and items for profit? How effective and successful are you? Any tips/pointers for the newbies?
I dont think you really can get a bussines going on ebay. They
call it an auction site. I would call it a virtual flea market.
I was not being succesful in selling merchandise for a profit. Most of
the people are looking for bargains. Indeed you can sell even used underware, if
they would have jewboy klein brand on them. Or some other brand for that matter. Definetely under the price they would sell new.
One issue with ebay is to direct traffic to your site, selling under the price,
hoping that people would came and buy at the regular price on your site.

As far as selling if you can lay hands on something valuable cheap you might
have something there. It should be also small stuff since the shipping charges
are a problem for most buyers. Many times I ended up "getting" more money for shipping than for the product.

Some people might have other experiences. Is not very difficult to get set up
so I think is worth trying. One thing may lead to another...who knows.

Old March 24th, 2005 #6
Ku Klux Klan
Klansman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean(doc)martin
Thanks for posting the links. Alot of good information on them sites.

Old March 28th, 2005 #7
Jim Giles
For Honor and Courage

Arrow Buy Low Sell High: How to be a Jew on eBay

This thread should be renamed:

Buy Low Sell High: How to be a Jew on eBay

Old March 28th, 2005 #8
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

ah Jim do you suggest that Whites would be better off if they would "buy high and sell low?"

I think that in general, independent WHite-owned business is a good thing for Whites.

Anyhow, to continue the discussion, here is a new franchise related to ebay:

I dropped some old videos and stuff off, and they sold them for about $1 each. It was a way of liquidating the stuff with minimal hassle on my end. I dont know that I could have gotten a better deal anywhere else for used media.

http://www.highbeam.com/library/doc0...yword=&teaser=

PASADENA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 21, 2004

iSold It, the highest volume eBay drop-off store in America, announced today that it is now registered to sell franchises in 43 states and plans to enter new markets in ten states by the end of summer. In addition to previously announced new stores in California and Texas, iSold It now plans to open franchise stores in Arizona, Washington, Michigan, Georgia, Florida, Minnesota, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey and New York. Multiple franchise candidates have been identified in these ten markets, with ...

Old March 28th, 2005 #9
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

ZOG WANTS ITS CUT OF EBAY AUCTIONEER PROFITS!

screw the rules on 1099s, huh?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...nline_auctions

IRS May Consider EBay Sales Taxable Income

Mon Mar 28, 9:37 AM ET Technology - AP

By MARY DALRYMPLE, AP Tax Writer

WASHINGTON - Hawking baby and children's clothes — along with some garage sale and thrift store bargains — on eBay helps Sunni Wojnarowsky bring in some extra money so she can afford to stay home with her two young boys. The additional dollars are great, but does she really need to hassle with the paperwork and report her small profit to the Internal Revenue Service (news - web sites)? Her question, posed to the online auction site's discussion board for sellers, generated much advice — and more confusion.

AP Photo

In tax law, there is no clear, bright line that separates fun from profit, or a hobby from a business. But IRS instructions make it clear that all income — a category that includes bribes, gambling winnings, kickbacks and money made in illegal activities — can be taxed.

"You can't get an answer from anybody," Wojnarowsky said in an interview from her home in Brunswick, Ohio. "It would be nice to have a straightforward answer of yes, you file taxes, or no, you don't."

More than 135 million people have registered to use the auction site that calls itself "the world's online marketplace." Buyers bought more than $34 billion worth of merchandise there last year.

Some people make money by cleaning out items from their closets; others use the site to run small businesses.

"When you're working on the Internet, it's kind of a gray issue," said Bart Fooden, a certified public accountant in Woodbury, N.Y., who advises small businesses and individuals. "The big issue is whether you're doing it as a business or not."

The IRS can apply a list of nine indicators that might prove whether someone's online auctions amount to a business. These indicators include evidence that the taxpayer depends on the income, acts in a businesslike manner, or puts enough time and effort into the activity to suggest a profit motive.

Fooden said the difference between a hobby and a business can often be the seller's intent.

If someone is selling the junk that is collecting dust in a garage or basement, then that person probably is getting less than he paid for it — no profit here. But if someone is buying goods in bulk from a wholesaler and hoping to make a couple extra bucks reselling each one, then that person could have just started a profitable business, Fooden said.

On the other hand, some categories are not so clear.

If a great-aunt's collection of antique china fetched top dollar from collectors, that might mean capital gains taxes are owed. And if someone scours neighborhood garage sales for great deals on comic books to resell on eBay, that might amount to running a business.

It often is best to ask a tax professional, said Bob Miller, who says he spends about 18 hours a day on eBay, selling collectable postage stamps and advising other buyers and sellers from his home in northern Utah.

"When the person that you owe the money to can throw you in jail, it's always a good idea to get professional advice," he said.

eBay spokesman Chris Donlay said the company does not report individual sales to the tax authorities. eBay urges users, in the site's educational materials and seminars, to learn about tax issues.

"It's really up to the seller, just like offline," he said. "We are just a venue, really. We're sort of like the mall landlord or the owner of the parking lot where the flea market happens."

It takes so little effort to set up shop on eBay that some might overlook the tax issues, Miller said.

"If you have an e-mail address, you can start selling. If you're a U.S.-based seller, you need to have a credit card and a bank account," Miller said.

"People have a feeling that they're selling on eBay, they're not a business. It's not true. If you are selling and making a profit, you have to declare it."

An eBay survey last year found that 430,000 of its U.S. sellers make a significant portion or all of their revenue from selling on eBay.

While it might sound like nothing good can come of the headache involved in claiming a small profit from online auctions, consider the perks. Business expenses can be deducted from profits. That includes the cost of the goods sold, fees, supplies and maybe a home office — if the qualifications are met.

Wojnarowsky said she plans to report her eBay profits, which she estimates at roughly $2,000, but she is not looking forward to it.

Last year, the Wojnarowsky paid a $400 tax preparation fee, which included a business schedule to report online auction earnings. This year, they will crunch the numbers themselves using tax preparation software.

"I talked to a friend of mine who does eBay, and she's not filing because she said it's not regulated," Wojnarowsky said. "But my fear is, yeah, but what if you're wrong? I don't want to pay the fine."

Old March 29th, 2005 #10
John in Woodbridge

ZOG would tax air if could get away with it.

Old April 27th, 2005 #11
chrissy

Wink

I wonder if any wns have ever tried selling "conservative" themed books or other items to recruit more whites into our groups. Sounds like alot of people go there conservatives, gunowners, etc might be a nice way to develop a mailing list that you could send them prowhite info after they request information on whatever product you offered initially ,which would have to be an acceptable product to offer by Ebay's owners.

Old May 4th, 2005 #12
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy
I wonder if any wns have ever tried selling "conservative" themed books or other items to recruit more whites into our groups. Sounds like alot of people go there conservatives, gunowners, etc might be a nice way to develop a mailing list that you could send them prowhite info after they request information on whatever product you offered initially ,which would have to be an acceptable product to offer by Ebay's owners.
um, ever heard of national vanguard books? one of many such efforts. are you saying to do this on ebay?

Old May 4th, 2005 #13
chrissy

Wink

I doubt Ebay would allow too many of NV books to be sold unless some are kind of middle of the road- nothing obviously racial. I thought it might be a good way to attract conservative types that might be able to be brought into WN sites. But you'd have to advertise a book or another product/widget that wouldn't alarm the site owner, something pro-white but not described that way.

Thread