VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 4th, 2004 #1
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Default Wagner's Siegfried

Anybody here been to any musical dramas by Richard Wagner? Which ones? I've seen Siegfried.

If there is enough interest maybe we could hit one together someday. There is usually one Wagner opera performed by a major company per season. Other than the Ring cycle, there is The Flying Dutchman, Parsifal, and Meistersinger.

Old January 6th, 2004 #2
Gott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
Anybody here been to any musical dramas by Richard Wagner? Which ones? I've seen Siegfried.

If there is enough interest maybe we could hit one together someday. There is usually one Wagner opera performed by a major company per season. Other than the Ring cycle, there is The Flying Dutchman, Parsifal, and Meistersinger.
I've seen Gotterdammerung in the theater. I know the italian repertory much better and have lots of Italian operas in the theater, but few German. The productions are so awful in Wagner since the war. There was a Siegfried done in Chicago this season...someone here was talking about it on the old forum, and somebody at OD too.

Old January 7th, 2004 #3
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

this season I saw siegfried at chicago. a paysan named david cangelosi was outfuckingstanding as mime. really played the evil dwarf like a gollum-esque jew.

also saw le nozze de figaro. my wife really liked it. I like siegfried way better.

another opera I saw I really enjoyed was War and Peace. in Russian, about Bonaparte burning Moscow. based on the book by Tolstoy.

I was going to say I dont really like bel canto that much, but I guess I havent really ever seen too much of it so it wouldnt be fair. opera is for the seeing and not just recordings.

but who can fail to appreciate Nessum Dorma huh?

Thread