VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 24th, 2016 #1
alex revision

Default Found in space: Planet Proxima b could be Earth's closest cousin

Found in space: Planet Proxima b could be Earth's closest cousin

It's the biggest exoplanet news since the first one was spotted. Meet Proxima b, the world beyond our solar system that future generations may visit one day.

Researchers have discovered an Earth-like planet orbiting a red dwarf star at a range where conditions might be right for water, and maybe, just maybe, life. Proxima Centauri, at just over 4 light-years away, is the closest star to Earth besides our own sun.

http://www.cnet.com/news/proxima-b-e...ri-space-life/

Old September 1st, 2016 #2
Ray Allan

Let's fire up the Jupiter II and go, Will Robinson--I'm ready!

If we succeed in preserving White civilization on Earth, we could conceivably have technology to reach this planet within this century, if only an unmanned space probe. Powered by fusion or antimatter rockets capable of boosting the craft to say, 20 percent of light velocity, it could get to Proxima Centauri in about 20 years. If the planet turns out to be capable of supporting human life, then colonization could follow, but probably not until the 22nd century. Maybe by then we would have developed some kind of warp drive to go faster than light and get there in a reasonable time frame.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old September 1st, 2016 #3
Crowe

From what I gathered, "Earth-like" is a pretty broad term that could mean any rocky planet that meets certain requirements. Even a planet like Mars is "Earth-Like" by their broad definitions.

I'd be surprised if they find another planet with a breathable atmosphere for humans any time soon. They'd first have to get the technology to be able to make that determination. I'm not even sure if they could do that without sending a probe there first.

Old September 1st, 2016 #4
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
From what I gathered, "Earth-like" is a pretty broad term that could mean any rocky planet that meets certain requirements. Even a planet like Mars is "Earth-Like" by their broad definitions.

I'd be surprised if they find another planet with a breathable atmosphere for humans any time soon. They'd first have to get the technology to be able to make that determination. I'm not even sure if they could do that without sending a probe there first.
We might be better off terraforming Mars than searching for a habitable planet in another solar system. Sadly, I don't think I will see that or interstellar flight in my lifetime. I feel like I was born 200 years too early and I'm stuck on this fucking jew prison planet.

Old September 5th, 2016 #5
Ironguard1940

Default Diversity-the fore that keeps us here

I would rather humans become extinct than allow jews/muds to procreate on even one other celestial body. Besides, diversity will make it technologically impossible for us to travel that distance in any amount of time.

Old September 6th, 2016 #6
Ray Allan

Maybe they could name Proxima b 'Priplanus' after the planet the Robinsons spent most of Season 1 of Lost In Space on.

Old September 15th, 2018 #7
Ray Allan

The Closest Exoplanet to Earth Could Be 'Highly Habitable'

https://www.livescience.com/63546-pr...habitable.html

Old September 15th, 2018 #8
James T Kirk
Banned

Quote:
We might be better off terraforming Mars than searching for a habitable planet in another solar system.

Possibly, but reaching Mars and establishing a thriving white colony there is necessary as a "testing ground" before making the interstellar leap to Proxima B. Because if we can't cut it out on Mars, then we're not ready yet for a bi-solar system civilization.

I'm also reminded of this white nationalist novel, which partly takes place out on Mars, in a colony called "Avalon":

Quote:
Let's fire up the Jupiter II and go, Will Robinson--I'm ready!

Unfortunately, the Jupiter II (which initially set out for Alpha Centauri) never made it. And yet, they arrived at a number of Earth-like planets that were imminently suitable for colonization, as two members of the Robinson Party discovered on this tropical world (below). And yet, having found a very Earth-like world, the Robinsons were still driven to reach Alpha Centauri (and presumbly Proxima B) where conditions for human life might well have been far more harsh. So it begs the question: why didn't they just stay where they were at, and make it their home? A question the show never answered.

Tropic planet not good enough for the Robinson family

*sidenote: Marta Kristen (shown above as "Judy Robinson") was the daughter of a Wehrmacht
soldier in Hitler's Third Reich, who ended up being killed in action

Old September 16th, 2018 #9
Ray Allan

Unfortunately Tybo the Carrot Man ran that planet and didn't like the Robinsons being there, and then turned Dr. Smith into a celery stalk.

That's right, Marta Kristen's father was a German soldier and her mother was Norwegian.

Thread