VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 10th, 2015 #1
Karl Lueger

Karl Lueger
Smile Women are still not funny..

"the problem with female comedians.. is they tend to be dykes, jews or butch.. "

Rambo, John J.

Old October 10th, 2015 #2
bedford

bedford

I think that Tracey Ullman is very funny. I liked Molly Shannon from
SNL in the 90s. There are some funny women who are not jews or militant
lesbians. As for extremely unfunny and annoying I would add Roseanne
Barr and Wookie Goldberg.

Old October 13th, 2015 #3
N.B. Forrest

N.B. Forrest

Women can be funny in physical comedy. Those who attempt stand-up almost always fail miserably, because it's an inherently aggressive form. Those few who succeed at it, like the hilarious Lisa Lampanelli, are basically just vulgar men in skirts. NOBODY wants to hear a chick whining about her vagina, or a feminist cunt spewing against men or pushing SJW jewshit.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old October 14th, 2015 #4
Zorost

Zorost

I don't have a problem with women being unfunny, they are what they are. But I do get pissed off about their other problem that he mentions: they just don't fucking listen. Now that I think about it, I think this is what causes women to be unfunny.

Contrary to popular opinion (of women anyway), women are horrible at communicating. When visiting family with a GF I'd end up in a group with the other guys and it will be fairly quiet. Maybe a topic of interest comes up, we discuss it, then quiet returns. The women's group will be full of babble and noise for hours on end.

When I ask her later what they talked about, she won't remember a thing. She might remember 1 or 2 topics that SHE brought up, but never anyone else's. She will tease me about how us guys didn't have much to say, as if not talking when you didn't have something to say was a bad thing.

Observing female communication closer up, I've noticed that the purpose of female conversation is to say as much as you can. This leads to a zero-sum game as each woman competes with the others for time to talk. Actually paying attention to what others are saying interferes with thinking about what you want to say next, so it is given a low priority.

I think the closest analogy is a herd of cows. They make mooing noises because it lets everyone know they are part of a herd, and that is the real reason for the constant babble, not to impart information, but to reaffirm their position in the herd.

When men talk, we know time is important, and we stick to points that the OTHER person will find interesting or useful, or will disagree with so we can have an argument. The focus is on the 2 way nature of communication, we always have the audience in mind when talking. The first commandment of comedy is "know your audience."

And this is why women aren't funny, unless they are copying male humor forms or doing physical comedy. Women do not have the experience of a true 2-way communication, their "skill" is in babbling, regardless of what the effect on the audience will be. Obviously pro comedians try to overcome this and write from the audience's perspective, but it is almost impossible to learn a skill as an adult and be competitive with someone that has been using that skill since childhood. Especially when that skill is essential to getting laid.

Old October 14th, 2015 #5
N.B. Forrest

N.B. Forrest

When I was a kid during grown-up get-togethers, things would begin in the living room: the greetings; a few minutes of light wives & husbands chit-chat together for the sake of polite sociability, etc. Then the women would always head for the kitchen table to get down to the serious female yak, leaving the men to the living room or den. Both sexes knew & tacitly acknowledged that their conversation & interests bored the other, for the most part. And no one was Offended, just amused by the differences.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Thread