VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 25th, 2007 #1
Holly
Self Bannned

Holly
Default Wrestling WWE [Chris Benoit dead]

Here is a big shock for anyone who watches WWE wrestling. Chris Benoit, his wife and 7 year old son were found dead today in Atlanta. So far no word on what happened the police will only say they were not shot.

I have been watching wrestling for a couple years, it is one of the few TV programs I enjoy. Yes alot of it is crap, most of it is fake, but it makes me laugh sometimes, and most of the guys are very good athletes.
I also like the non PC tone of it. Whites are slammed, black are slammed, gays and mexicans. Woman are degraded, men made into fools and is seems there is not much they wil lstay away from doing from fear of a bad reaction.
In fact I have heard some blacks are complaining that they call the biggest, fattest black guy on WWE a "silverback". I did not know what a silverback meant for a while, then I found out it is a name for the great ape ... But this will be nothing like that guy who called them niglets black ho's with nappy hair. People have come to expect this rude, un-PC episodes.
I was not allowed to watch it until I was 14, and I think that is good advice for anyone, this crap is certainly not for children, and we never ever let my little sisters watch it until they are much older, and able to get entertainment from it without a bad effect on the mind.

Chris Benoit has always stood out from what I have seen as one of the best of the best, and it is very sad that this has happened.

Old June 25th, 2007 #2
Rex E. Cuto
This Is Executor

Rex E. Cuto

Benoit's wife was Kevin Sullivan's ex-wife... and there's a whole big story behind that. Sullivan is a psychotic asshole, and I personally wouldn't be surprised if he had them knocked off. That's just my opinion, of course.

You have to become a terrible thought... you have to become an idea.

Old June 25th, 2007 #3
Holly
Self Bannned

Holly

Well I have never heard of this Kevin Sullivan, I have googled him and yes, it seems he made his career of being a extra strange person, and perhaps was in real life also.

Old June 25th, 2007 #4
Rex E. Cuto
This Is Executor

Rex E. Cuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
Well I have never heard of this Kevin Sullivan, I have googled him and yes, it seems he made his career of being a extra strange person, and perhaps was in real life also.
Ok, the story is: Benoit wrestled for WCW, where Sullivan was a wrestler and a booker... meaning he also wrote the plotlines for the shows. Nancy Sullivan, aka Woman, was Kevin's wife.

Sullivan wrote a plotline where Benoit and Nancy were having an affair. He even prompted them to appear together in public to convince the fans. Along the way, Nancy Sullivan and Chris Benoit discovered that they really liked each other, so she divorced Kevin and married Chris. That part is real life, so Sullivan is mainly known as the guy who booked his own divorce.

Sullivan's played it cool about all that over the years. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he had something to do with the deaths. Who knows.

Old June 26th, 2007 #5
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Ok, the story is: Benoit wrestled for WCW, where Sullivan was a wrestler and a booker... meaning he also wrote the plotlines for the shows. Nancy Sullivan, aka Woman, was Kevin's wife.

Sullivan wrote a plotline where Benoit and Nancy were having an affair. He even prompted them to appear together in public to convince the fans. Along the way, Nancy Sullivan and Chris Benoit discovered that they really liked each other, so she divorced Kevin and married Chris. That part is real life, so Sullivan is mainly known as the guy who booked his own divorce.

Sullivan's played it cool about all that over the years. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he had something to do with the deaths. Who knows.
That all happened over 10 years ago.

The police are calling the Benoit deaths a "double murder-suicide." One of the three dead wentg crazy - big time.

Old June 26th, 2007 #6
Karen Z.
VNNr since '05

Karen Z.

Quote:
Here is a big shock for anyone who watches WWE wrestling. Chris Benoit, his wife and 7 year old son were found dead today in Atlanta. So far no word on what happened the police will only say they were not shot.

I have been watching wrestling for a couple years, it is one of the few TV programs I enjoy. Yes alot of it is crap, most of it is fake, but it makes me laugh sometimes, and most of the guys are very good athletes.
I also like the non PC tone of it. Whites are slammed, black are slammed, gays and mexicans. Woman are degraded, men made into fools and is seems there is not much they wil lstay away from doing from fear of a bad reaction.
In fact I have heard some blacks are complaining that they call the biggest, fattest black guy on WWE a "silverback". I did not know what a silverback meant for a while, then I found out it is a name for the great ape ... But this will be nothing like that guy who called them niglets black ho's with nappy hair. People have come to expect this rude, un-PC episodes.
I was not allowed to watch it until I was 14, and I think that is good advice for anyone, this crap is certainly not for children, and we never ever let my little sisters watch it until they are much older, and able to get entertainment from it without a bad effect on the mind.

Chris Benoit has always stood out from what I have seen as one of the best of the best, and it is very sad that this has happened.

Two words- John Cena

Old June 26th, 2007 #7
Rex E. Cuto
This Is Executor

Rex E. Cuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin View Post
That all happened over 10 years ago.

The police are calling the Benoit deaths a "double murder-suicide." One of the three dead wentg crazy - big time.
Yeah, so much for my theory, huh?

From what I read, they figure he killed Nancy on Saturday, the son on Sunday, and himself on Monday.

Freaking sad. Benoit was one of the best in the business.

Old June 26th, 2007 #8
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

odin

Quote:

From what I read, they figure he killed Nancy on Saturday, the son on Sunday, and himself on Monday.

My original theory was wrong as well. I thought the wife had done it due to some "change of life" hormone imbalance. I just can't see a man murdering his 7 year old son. Especially not so many hours after killing his wife. Temporary insanity, 'roid rage,... nothing short of full on insanity (whether organic or chemically induced) can explain it.

Old June 26th, 2007 #9
McKinley
coast to coast WN

McKinley

It looks like Sullivan got the last laugh.

Can you say luck of the Irish.

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Old June 26th, 2007 #10
birdman77
Banned

with my original thoughts about benoit being wrong, i guess nobody knows what a man is capable of until he does it.
i still think nancy daus was a non-white. she had too many aisian features.

Old June 27th, 2007 #11
The Barrenness
Angry Shiksa

The Barrenness

Quote:
My original theory was wrong as well. I thought the wife had done it due to some "change of life" hormone imbalance. I just can't see a man murdering his 7 year old son. Especially not so many hours after killing his wife. Temporary insanity, 'roid rage,... nothing short of full on insanity (whether organic or chemically induced) can explain it.
I originally thought it was the wife, also due to the talk in the beginning of there being no shootings or stabbings and that it might be a possible poisoning(which would be a definite female killing style) My dad was thinking maybe he had a brain tumor or some kind of head injury(they really do occasionally get hurt at times)that could have brought on this behavior.

Quote:
In fact I have heard some blacks are complaining that they call the biggest, fattest black guy on WWE a "silverback".
LOL. Mark Henry. that is the ugliest, fattest creature I have ever seen in my life. One couldn't possibly look more like an ape than he does.

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/im...842627-000.jpg

I busted out laughing the first time I heard him refer to himself as a silverback.

FKA, Hitler Goddess, Starr

Last edited by The Barrenness; June 27th, 2007 at 12:14 AM.

Old June 27th, 2007 #12
Holly
Self Bannned

Holly

Quote:

It was not a bad theory I do not think many people would have thought Chris could have snapped like this. Look at WWE they did that tribute for him with all the guys crying, and little did they know they were crying for a child killer.
I think it must have been steroids plus all the hits to the head he has got over the years.
I saw at one place it was said the child called Chris on his cell phone crying so he flew home and found out the mother has been molesting the child, so he killed the mother and then, thinking the kids life would now be messed up, killed the child then himself. I have not seen this said from any other place so it is most likely a rumour, but the truth may turn out to be just as strange.

Old June 28th, 2007 #13
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
I saw at one place it was said the child called Chris on his cell phone crying so he flew home and found out the mother has been molesting the child, so he killed the mother and then, thinking the kids life would now be messed up, killed the child then himself. I have not seen this said from any other place so it is most likely a rumour, but the truth may turn out to be just as strange.
I doubt that. According to AP, the wife had filed for divorce in 2003 claiming physical abuse. He got her to reconsider and the family had been going to counseling for years.

Old June 28th, 2007 #14
Holly
Self Bannned

Holly

Quote:
I doubt that. According to AP, the wife had filed for divorce in 2003 claiming physical abuse. He got her to reconsider and the family had been going to counseling for years.
Yes, I do doubt it also. When I first heard it, it did seem to make sense yes, I guess that is what people look for, sense from the madness.
This would at least be logic, but there seems to be no sense in guessing until more facts come in.

Old June 28th, 2007 #15
Signal

Signal

Again, I'm guessing steroids to be involved. The DEA raided his doctors office today.

Quote:
Drug Agents Raid Dr. Office Who Prescribed Medication to WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit
Last Edited: Thursday, 28 Jun 2007, 2:32 PM EDT

ATLANTA (AP) -- Federal drug agents and sheriff's officials raided the office of pro wrestler Chris Benoit's personal physician in search of records and other items in a warrant.

Agent Chuvalo Truesdell, a spokesman for the Drug Enforcement Administration in Atlanta, said Friday that the raid at Doctor Phil Astin's office in Carrollton, in West Georgia, began Wednesday night and concluded early Thursday morning.

Truesdell said a search warrant obtained by the Fayette County Sheriff's Department in connection with the Benoit investigation was executed there.

He said records and other items were being sought, but he said he could not immediately be more specific. Truesdell also was unable to say what was seized. No arrests were made.

Astin did not return repeated calls to his cell phone from The Associated Press today.

Benoit had been under the care of Astin, a longtime friend, for treatment of low testosterone levels. Astin said Wednesday the condition likely originated from previous steroid use.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit in the past but would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office on Friday.

Over the weekend, Benoit killed his wife and son and then killed himself at their home in Fayetteville.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the slayings. Some experts believe steroids cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."
Video here:
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1

Old June 28th, 2007 #16
McKinley
coast to coast WN

McKinley

Quote:
Death of Wrestler's Wife Posted on Web Before Police Find Bodies

Someone anonymously posted an entry under Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org stating Nancy's death at least 13 hours before the bodies were found.
Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sports Photos: Experience the world of Sports in our most popular pics!

VIDEO

The double homicide-suicide involving wrestling star Chris Benoit and his family has taken another turn toward the bizarre.

The death of Nancy Benoit was posted on the internet at least 13 hours before Atlanta police found her body along with her husband and their 7-year-old son, according to media reports.

An unidentified person using a computer in Stamford, Connecticut - where World Wrestling Entertainment is based - anonymously posted an entry under Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org stating Nancy's death.

Wikipedia reps say the post was dated on Monday at 12:01 a.m. EDT, but police
http://www.84whas.com/cc-common/news...rticle=2319313

Kentckyanna True News

"What do you expect? All we got on this team are a bunch a Jews, spics, niggers, pansies -- and a booger-eatin' moron!"

Tanner Boyle - short stop for the Bad News Bears.

Old June 28th, 2007 #17
Signal

Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnjewburn View Post
Good find burnjewburn, I hadn't seen that one. Very interesting.

Here's a piece where McMahon defends steroid abuse:

Quote:
McMahon: Don't Blame Steroids
Provided By: The Associated Press
Last Modified: 6/28/2007 12:43:40 PM

ATLANTA (AP) - World Wrestling Entertainment owner Vince McMahon on Thursday urged people not to assume that steroids played a role in the murder-suicide of pro-wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and 7-year-old son.

McMahon, speaking on NBC's "Today" show, said toxicology results were needed to answer questions surrounding the death of Benoit, who hanged himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home this week. Authorities said he strangled his wife and smothered son during the weekend and placed Bibles next to their bodies.

"There's no way, quite frankly, that we, or the media it's all speculation until the toxicology reports come back," McMahon said. "It's all speculation."

Toxicology test results may not be available for weeks or even months, District Attorney Scott Ballard has said.

Police found anabolic steroids in Benoit's home, leading some officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the slayings. Some experts believe steroids cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., was quick to dismiss the idea, issuing a news release Tuesday saying steroids "were not and could not be related to the cause of death" and that the findings indicate "deliberation, not rage." Benoit tested negative April 10, the last time he was tested for drugs, the WWE said.

No motive has been offered for the killings.

The couple argued in the days before the slayings over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded son, said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for the league.

McDevitt said the wrestling organization learned from the couple's friends and relatives that the Benoits were struggling with where to send the boy to school since he had recently finished kindergarten.

He also said Benoit's wife didn't want him to quit wrestling, but she "wanted him to be at home more to care for the kid. She'd say she can't take care of him by herself when he was on the road."

The child suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism, McDevitt said.

Meanwhile, authorities in Georgia were investigating a link between Benoit and a Florida business that may have supplied him with steroids.

Prosecutors in upstate New York who have been investigating the company's drug sales said Benoit received deliveries from Signature Pharmacy and MedXLife.com, which sold steroids, human growth hormone and testosterone on the Internet.

Six people, including two of the pharmacy's owners, have pleaded guilty in the investigation, and 20 more have been arrested, including doctors and pharmacists.

Terence Kindlon, lawyer for MedXLife co-owner Dr. Gary Brandwein, denied the allegations that his client's company sold steroids to Benoit. Brandwein has pleaded not guilty to six counts in New York state court related to the criminal sale of a controlled substance. He was accused of signing and sending prescriptions without ever seeing patients.

McDevitt said the drugs found in Benoit's house were legitimately prescribed. "There's no question, none of these drugs are out there, none of these drugs came from Internet pharmacies," he said.

In addition to causing paranoia and explosive outbursts, steroids can also contribute to deep depression, according to experts.

"Just as you have the extreme high of when you're on steroids, you can get the opposite," said Dr. Todd Schlifstein, a clinical assistant professor at the New York University School of Medicine. "You can have a dramatic difference in mood swings. You can feel there's no hope, there's no future."
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...?storyid=99322

Old June 28th, 2007 #18
odin
Nuthin' But Luv, Baby

odin

Quote:
In the days before the killings, Benoit and his wife argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, according to an attorney for the WWE wrestling league.

The child suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism.
Well, that adds another wrinkle to the case. Since he put Bibles next to each body, he might have thought - in some kind of alcohol fueled, steroid induced paranoia - that he was performing a mercy killing.
___

Old June 28th, 2007 #19
Human target
Yahoo Slurp Spider

Human target

Good. Now kill the rest of them and folks will back away from the televisionary for an hour a week.

Old June 28th, 2007 #20
H.E.A.

Default Poorly Bred

I think If I had to live with this, Id knock myself off as well as what creation was made by this poorly bred union.

WHAT TOOK HIM SO LONG??

The son had ;
What is Fragile X syndrome? Fragile X syndrome is the most common inherited cause of mental impairment, affecting approximately 1 in 3,600 males and 1 in 4,000 to 6,000 females with the full mutation worldwide. It is estimated that 1 in 250 females and 1 in 700 males are carriers of the premutation.
It is second only to Down Syndrome as a cause of mental retardation. Both males and females may be affected by a wide variety of symptoms.

Fragile X Syndrome-- Recognition in Young Children

Fragile X syndrome is the most commonly inherited form of mental retardation. Although it is thought to be an X-linked recessive trait with variable expression and incomplete penetrance, 30% of all carrier women are also affected. The syndrome is called “fragile-X” because there exists a fragile site or gap at the end of the long arm of the X-chromosome in lymphocytes of affected patients when grown in a folate deficient medium.

Carrier females typically have a 30 to 40% chance of giving birth to a retarded male and a 15 to 20% chance of having a retarded female. Further, there frequently exists a maternal family history for a relative with mental retardation or developmental and learning disabilities. Most studies have dealt with recognition of this syndrome in older children and young adults, but many of the physical features, behavioral characteristics, and family history features are apparent earlier.

Prominent parental concerns that might bring such a child to a pediatrician’s attention include: Developmental delay, speech delay, short attention span or hyperactivity, mouthing of objects persisting at an age beyond expected, difficulty in disciplining the child, frequent temper tantrums, autistic-like behaviors such as rocking, talking to oneself, spinning, unusual hand movements, difficulty with transitions, preference for being alone, echolalia, poor eye contact; poor motor coordination; history of vomiting, spitting up or colic during infancy; history of frequent otitis media; self-abusive behavior; hand flapping; drooling persisting beyond expected; hypotonia; increase fighting with others; pica; hand/thumb sucking.

While older children (8-12 years) are more likely to display the classic physical features of fragile X syndrome (long face with a prominent jaw, large prominent ears, and post-pubertal macroorchidism, patients as young as 2 or 3 years have been noted to exhibit the following physical findings: Long and/or wide and/or protruding ears; prominent jaw or long face; high arched palate; flattened nasal bridge; microcephaly or relative macrocephaly; apparent hypertelorism; epicanthal folds; simian creases of palms, vertical creases of soles; long philtrum; hemangioma; hyperextensible joints; antimongoloidal slant; clinical impression of macroorchidism, prominent forehead.

It is not feasible or wise to recommend chromosomal studies on all children with developmental, learning, and behavioral disabilities. But these problems (particularly speech delay, unusual behaviors, and developmental delay) taken in context with a maternal family history of mental retardation or developmental disabilities and the physical finding of long, wide, or protuding ears, a long face, flat nasal bridge, and a high arched palate probably warrant a search for the fragile X chromosome. A new method of identifying carriers of these mutations by direct DNA analysis has recently been described.

The Truth Hurts

Last edited by H.E.A.; June 28th, 2007 at 05:56 PM.

Thread