VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old August 4th, 2012 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default To Read List

The Golden Age, by Gore Vidal
Amazon.com: The Golden Age: A Novel (9780385500753): Gore Vidal: Books Amazon.com: The Golden Age: A Novel (9780385500753): Gore Vidal: Books

Desperate Deception: British Convert Operations in the United States, 1939-1944, by Thomas Mahl
Amazon.com: Desperate Deception: British Convert Operations in the United States, 1939-1944 (9781574882230): Thomas E. Mahl, Roy Godson: Books Amazon.com: Desperate Deception: British Convert Operations in the United States, 1939-1944 (9781574882230): Thomas E. Mahl, Roy Godson: Books

A fascinating study of the efforts of British intelligence to push America out of its isolationist stance and into the Allied camp during the early days of WW II. Freelance writer Mahl has convincingly drawn on a variety of sources--including recently declassified FBI and government files, memoirs, personal papers, and little-known official reports--to weave together a portrait of extraordinary schemes and activities. He argues that such conventional sources as the official British history of the war are misleading and inadequate. Britain, lacking the resources to fight Nazi Germany alone, needed the immense production capacities and vast manpower of the US to save itself. But the British government was deeply concerned about American intentions: The nation seemed both unpredictable and unreliable in its support of Britain. To gain American allegiance, Britain launched a sizable propaganda campaign and a number of intelligence actions, many carried out or managed by William Stevenson (``Intrepid''), Britain's spy extraordinaire. Mahl asserts that British agents had willing accomplices in FDR's White House, filled with an anglophile elite that identified deeply with Britain. His research reveals that foreign money was poured into some congressional elections to defeat isolationist politicians, that British agents spent money freely to ease the passage of the Lend- Lease Act, that they planted pro-British articles in interventionist newspapers and magazines, and that some national opinion polls were rigged to reflect a deeper and stronger pro- British sentiment than existed. British agents set up Bill Donovan's Office of Stragetic Services and helped run it, and they established or influenced a number of organizations pushing for American intervention. Their efforts were ingenious and effective. They were also either dubious or downright illegal, but Mahl argues that, given the desperate situation in Europe, Britain had little choice. A carefully researched, engrossing addition to WW II history and the history of covert operations.

19 of 20 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Power structure at work
May 6, 2002
By A Customer
Format:Paperback
This book is the missing link showing how elites use their influence to bring us into wars, manipulate political conventions, conduct propaganda campaigns against the populace(now known as public diplomacy), and other dirty tricks.

For those students of power structure and are familiar with the work of the late Carrol Quigley, many of the people mentioned in his work play roles in this book.

Members of the Round Table network( a global network of discussion groups of people waging propaganda justifying the British Empire on moral grounds) include:
Walter Lippman - American Round Tabler, whose column in the Intl Herald Tribune was to guide American foreign policy in an anglophile direction.
Thomas Lamont - Director and Chrm of the Board at J.P. Morgan, allied with FDR and instrumental in getting lifelong Democrat Wendell Willkie the 1940 Republican Presidential nomination.

British members of the Round Table group include Ambassadors to the US - Lord Lothian(Phillip Kerr) and Lord Halifax. Some other members in MI6 in the US were also affiliated with this group.

The Rockefeller family also loaned much of the office space for the British intelligence operations during the war, so they definitely had some knowledge or approval of their operations. Nelson Rockefeller was also appointed Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs.

Basically, there was a group of influential anglophile Americans, who wanted to get America into the war with Germany, so they provided assistance to British intelligence, who set up front organizations to agitate in a pro-British manner. They recruited anglophiles to stage demonstrations to fight Germany, write pro-British propaganda, and destroy the careers of isolationist Congressmen. They also penetrated polling organizations, and some of the polling results appear quite suspect.

During the Republican Convention of 1940, the mysterious death of Ralph Williams, a pro-Taft isolationist, allowed Sam Pryor, a pro-Willkie man, to take over the convention. Through dubious allocation of tickets to the convention floor(Willkie supporters got way more than their fair share), an impression was made that he was the man of the people. Speaches of isolationists were also sabotaged by tampering with microphones or sending in bands during speaches. Having Willkie as the Republican nominee, allowed FDR to give destroyers to the British without a political opponent making political hay about it.

For any Birchers out there, yes, there were some members of the Council on Foreign Relations involved. However, that is not the influential body. It is the rich and powerful, who control the mass media and bodies like the government and the CFR, who really make things happen.

There are quite a number of typing errors in the book, but the editor should be faulted, not the author. Many people have suspicions about accounts of history, and Mahl does quite a good job supporting his account of what really happened.

I strongly recommend reading this book for anyone interested in how our world really operates.

+++++++++++++++++

The Wages of Destruction, by Adam Tooze

[gary north] As for economic recovery after 1930, the main nation to recover was Nazi Germany, which used monetary inflation, price and wage controls, rationing, and violence against trade unions as the primary policy tools of economic growth. The Nazi state held down nominal prices by the threat of violence, thereby cutting real wages, so the statistics looked like recovery. The story of this "recovery" is found in Adam Tooze's book, The Wages of Destruction.[/B]

Amazon.com: The Wages of Destruction The Making and Breaking of the Nazi Economy (9780713995664): Adam Tooze: Books Amazon.com: The Wages of Destruction The Making and Breaking of the Nazi Economy (9780713995664): Adam Tooze: Books

Amazon.com: The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution (9780674443020): Bernard Bailyn: Books Amazon.com: The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution (9780674443020): Bernard Bailyn: Books

Amazon.com: The Origins of American Politics (9780394708652): Bernard Bailyn: Books Amazon.com: The Origins of American Politics (9780394708652): Bernard Bailyn: Books

Rhine Flows into the Tiber
Amazon.com: Rhine Flows into the Tiber (9780895551863): Ralph M. Wiltgen: Books Amazon.com: Rhine Flows into the Tiber (9780895551863): Ralph M. Wiltgen: Books

Last edited by Alex Linder; August 12th, 2012 at 08:52 PM.

Old August 25th, 2012 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

The History of the Rockefeller World Empire
Posted by Charles Featherstone on August 25, 2012 07:24 PM

The folks over at n+1 have a review of Inderjeet Parmar's new book, Foundations of the American Century: The Ford, Carnegie, and Rockefeller Foundations in the Rise of American Power, an intriguing history of how the Rockefeller World Empire came to use America to rule the world as the foundations came to create and dominate "policy" in the 1930s and 1940s:

The trustees of the large foundations comprised a cozy group of men—well-heeled, white, and Protestant—who were raised in the same milieu, attended the same colleges (over half graduated from Harvard, Princeton, or Yale), and belonged to the same social clubs. Such men could not help but share a worldview, and for most of 20th century there was no one in the room to argue the other side. Internally united and externally unimpeded, they acted with a speed and resolve that was impossible for elected politicians. While government officials mired themselves in political debates, foundation leaders acted: they commissioned research, trained students, launched pilot projects, cultivated allies among foreign governments, and built networks of experts. By the time the government overcame its inertia on an issue, it found a smooth and well-marked trail stretching ahead through the wilderness.

It is easy to overlook this quiet trailblazing because the big foundations rarely pushed extreme agendas, at least not at home. Unlike the think tanks of today, the Ford, Carnegie, and Rockefeller foundations were, and continue to be, studiously nonpartisan. They sought above all technocratic order: a strong federal government, a class of experts ready to guide it, and a docile public eager to follow. Abroad, they combined their faith in the rule of experts with the belief that the ideas and institutions best suited to the poorer countries of the world were those of the United States.

Foundations of the American Century: The Ford,Carnegie,and Rockefeller Foundations in the Rise of American Power: Inderjeet Parmar: 9780231146289: Amazon.com: Books Foundations of the American Century: The Ford,Carnegie,and Rockefeller Foundations in the Rise of American Power: Inderjeet Parmar: 9780231146289: Amazon.com: Books

Old September 7th, 2012 #4
notmenomore

Default Desperate Deception

Reading this review (posted above) brings to mind the "biography" of William S Stevenson: A Man Called Intrepid, Lyons. Although Dr. Oliver panned the book to a fair-thee-well, I'd already read it when I came upon RPO's review.

I think anyone interested in the British intelligence activity in the US before and during WWII will be well served by reading the Stevenson bio. True, it consists mainly of myopic propaganda and unrestrained boasting and hubris. Nevertheless, in his desire to self-aggrandize and brag, Stevenson lets several "cats out of the bag", as it were.

Worthwhile, itzs, to the student of revisionism willing to slog through purest "Allied" propaganda to obtain confirmation of some of the dirtiest tricks ever. Tricks that were propounded entirely to confuse the American public and mislead patriotic investigators and operatives within the American intelligence structures of the WWII era.

Old September 30th, 2013 #6
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Here's one well worth the while by Norman Finkelstein and Ruth Bettina Birn. The authors put the lie to, and in the process make total mincemeat of, exterminationist goldenboy Daniel Goldenhagen's runaway bestseller Hitler's Willing Executioners. The duo proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that Goldie intentionally "misrepresented the facts" (i.e., lied like a fucking rug) when claiming that the citizens of NS Germany needed no prodding by authorities in their supposed persecution of their nation's jews. Do check it out:

A Nation on Trial: The Goldhagen Thesis and Historical Truth: Norman G. Finkelstein, Ruth Bettina Birn: 9780805058727: Amazon.com: Books A Nation on Trial: The Goldhagen Thesis and Historical Truth: Norman G. Finkelstein, Ruth Bettina Birn: 9780805058727: Amazon.com: Books

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; September 30th, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Old September 30th, 2013 #7
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Below is another good read from the above (though Finkelstein flies solo here): The Holocaust Industry. In this, the author clues the gullible goyim into the real stimuli behind the Holohoax's maneuverings and machinations: the shekels 'n' sympathy strategy of the billions-plus annually "There's no business like Shoah business" racket.

A cautionary note: I ran into this and Executioners while browsing the history section of a local Barnes & Noble about ten years back. You can imagine my surprise when I saw these books on the shelves of such a "reputable" chain of booksellers -- the chutzpah it takes (or so I thought) to even allow these overty "antisemitic" works on the premises in the first place. However, I soon came to find that Finkelstein is not a Holocaust revisionist as would first appear, but an exterminationist; one who claims, as does every jew on the planet, to have lost a significant number of relatives during the imaginary Shoah. Now what he does in these books is expose the extortionists and outright bullshit artists -- those who perpetuate the myth with the sole intention of filling the coffers of international jewry; and those intent on providing Israel -- via its "Never again!" rallying cry -- with the moral support/pretext in which to get away with its hegemony in the ME. So keep this in mind if and when you do decide to read both or either of these works.

The Holocaust Industry: Reflections on the Exploitation of Jewish Suffering: Norman G. Finkelstein: Amazon.com: Books The Holocaust Industry: Reflections on the Exploitation of Jewish Suffering: Norman G. Finkelstein: Amazon.com: Books

Old October 23rd, 2013 #8
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Read the first book shown a short while back; and it reminds me, vaguely, of the Nibelungenlied. I mean it reminds me of that great epic in the sense that it's written in more or less the same style. (Actually, it's kind of hard to convey exactly wtf I mean.)

So, having really liked it, I picked up the one below it recently at my county library's system annual fall book sale just this month (though in paper book format, not ebook). In the Dragon's Claws is written in blank verse; Vis and Ramin in rhyming couplets. Most times I find the latter to be somewhat distracting; but once I really get it in gear I pay it no mind and concentrate fully on the story itself. I hope to get to V&S before the year's out.

In the Dragon's Claws: The Story of Rostam and Esfandiyar from the Persian Book of Kings: Abolqasem Ferdowsi, Jerome W. Clinton (translator): 9780934211567: Amazon.com: Books In the Dragon's Claws: The Story of Rostam and Esfandiyar from the Persian Book of Kings: Abolqasem Ferdowsi, Jerome W. Clinton (translator): 9780934211567: Amazon.com: Books

Amazon.com: Vis and Ramin eBook: Fakhraddin Gorgani, Dick  Davis: Kindle Store Amazon.com: Vis and Ramin eBook: Fakhraddin Gorgani, Dick Davis: Kindle Store

Old November 1st, 2013 #9
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Edgar Allan Poe's novel, The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket.

Hell, I wasn't even aware that the Master of the Macabre had ever written a novel; thought all his published works were either poems or short stories. But while browsing the classics section of a used book store a short while back, I ran into, and scooped up, a Penguin Classics edition of the above. The book as of yet unread, I did do a thumb-thru of it, and came upon this grisly little episode in Chapter 10 (pp. 99-104 of the paperback). Take a measly ten minutes or so of your time and read it; it'll send a chill up your spine.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2149/...m#link2HCH0010

Old November 1st, 2013 #10
Alex Linder
Administrator

The Looters, by John Reese - the novel the movie Charlie Varrick is based on.

http://mrhardboiled.blogspot.com/201...id-t-2142.html

Old November 2nd, 2013 #11
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Speaking of mob books...

Decades ago I read a supposedly true memoir of a Mafioso's life as an enforcer-hit man; but for the life of me I can't recall the name of the damn thing. It tells of how he went about snuffing this one with an icepick, and breaking both the legs of that one with a Louisville Slugger; whacking this one with a silenced Ruger .22 pistol, and shotgunning that one with a sawed-off Mossberg. Two tales though stick out in memory:

He's ordered by a pissed off capo to fuck up, but not actually kill, some latter day Romeo who's been dicking his daughter as of late; knocking her up in the process and then pulling the ol' "Wham! Bam! Thank you ma'am!" routine and skipping town. The hit man finds out where the guy's staying, somehow manages to drug him, and then proceeds to cut the poor slob's johnson off; planning to "tape it up" and leave the guy still alive. Apparently the mobster used either a machete or chainsaw, because he so botched the job, the guy bled to death before he managed to make good his getaway.

In another story related, he's contracted to permanently ruin the good looks of an up and coming Hollywood actor; scar the guy for life. The hit man manages to finangle an invite to a star-studded party in Tinseltown, sees his target in a corner all by his lonesome, whips out an egg that he'd previously drained of its contents and filled with a fast-acting and highly-corrosive acid, and lobs the thing right into the fucker's face; the latter screaming like a banshee while the former casually strolls on out the door with a cocktail frank in hand.

Now I don't know how reliable this all was, but still it made for some very entertaining reading.

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; November 2nd, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

Old December 6th, 2013 #12
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

A couple weeks back I scored a beat up hardcover of a little-known Mark Twain fictional work titled The Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc. Thumbing through it, it looks to be yet another winner by, IMO, America's greatest author. Can't wait to crack it...

Old December 8th, 2013 #13
M. Issig

The review is not correct, as the Reece Committee discovered the tax-exempt foundations were doing the following:
"Directing education in the United States toward an international view-point and discrediting the traditions to which, it [formerly) had been dedicated.

Training individuals and servicing agencies to render advice to the Executive branch of the Federal Government. (And assign greater power to the Executive; unconstitutional power.)

Decreasing the dependency of education upon the resources of the local community and freeing it from many of the natural safeguards inherent in this American tradition.

Changing both school and college curricula to the point where they sometimes denied the principles underlying the American way of life.

Financing experiments designed to determine the most effective means by which education could be pressed into service of a political nature."
(parens mine)

So, Inderjeet Parma is certainly wide of the mark when he writes "the big foundations rarely pushed extreme agendas, at least not at home."

Altogether, Parma paints an incorrect picture, making these super-rich appear benign where our welfare is concerned. They are and have been anything but.

Just a cursory review of some of the trustees or people on the boards of major American universities, nearly to the one, will reveal their participation in these tax-exempt foundations or their special interest entities.

It was President Eisenhower who put an end to the Reece Committee's work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
The History of the Rockefeller World Empire
Posted by Charles Featherstone on August 25, 2012 07:24 PM

The folks over at n+1 have a review of Inderjeet Parmar's new book, Foundations of the American Century: The Ford, Carnegie, and Rockefeller Foundations in the Rise of American Power, an intriguing history of how the Rockefeller World Empire came to use America to rule the world as the foundations came to create and dominate "policy" in the 1930s and 1940s:

The trustees of the large foundations comprised a cozy group of men—well-heeled, white, and Protestant—who were raised in the same milieu, attended the same colleges (over half graduated from Harvard, Princeton, or Yale), and belonged to the same social clubs. Such men could not help but share a worldview, and for most of 20th century there was no one in the room to argue the other side. Internally united and externally unimpeded, they acted with a speed and resolve that was impossible for elected politicians. While government officials mired themselves in political debates, foundation leaders acted: they commissioned research, trained students, launched pilot projects, cultivated allies among foreign governments, and built networks of experts. By the time the government overcame its inertia on an issue, it found a smooth and well-marked trail stretching ahead through the wilderness.

It is easy to overlook this quiet trailblazing because the big foundations rarely pushed extreme agendas, at least not at home. Unlike the think tanks of today, the Ford, Carnegie, and Rockefeller foundations were, and continue to be, studiously nonpartisan. They sought above all technocratic order: a strong federal government, a class of experts ready to guide it, and a docile public eager to follow. Abroad, they combined their faith in the rule of experts with the belief that the ideas and institutions best suited to the poorer countries of the world were those of the United States.

Foundations of the American Century: The Ford,Carnegie,and Rockefeller Foundations in the Rise of American Power: Inderjeet Parmar: 9780231146289: Amazon.com: Books

Old December 16th, 2013 #14
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Picked up a hardcover of Izaak Walton's 17th century classic The Compleat Angler for $2 yesterday. And though not much of a fisherman myself, it appears as though the quaint observations and anecdotes of Walton, put across in both prose and verse (90% nonrythmic, which is nice, as I find rhyming couplets to be somewhat annoying/distracting) will make a relaxing, enjoyable read. Really light fare; and most of it considered to be right on fishing-wise. Then again, wtf do I know...

Old May 26th, 2014 #15
jannatul18

My exam is just over and I was thinking to sort out some books to read. I going to check your suggestion one!

Old May 27th, 2014 #16
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Over the weekend I obtained a used, though mint-condition, paperback copy of Game of Thrones; the first book of the projected seven-volume epic by George R.R. Martin (America's Tolkien, or so it's said). I was a big fan of the HBO series, but had to give it up when I killed my TV at the start of the year. But as I started on War and Peace just a couple days ago, it's going to be quite a while before I'm able to get to this bad boy; but get to it I most certainly will.

Before buying the book at a yard sale, I read the first 10 pages or so and was immediately hooked; and it looks as though I'm going to enjoy it more than the TV series itself, which will be more than ample compensation for having to forego the show due to my having moided my vitz this past January.

Old May 30th, 2014 #17
jannatul18

For me its 5 point someone in my to do read list.

Old July 25th, 2014 #18
Gerry Fable
'God Belief, German Piety'

The Scientific Origins of National Socialism

The name Charles Darwin inevitably springs to mind when the name of Adolf Hitler and natural selection is mentioned in the same breath. But academic research suggests that it was German zoologist Ernst Haeckel, and not Darwin's seminal, 'The Origin of Species.', that influenced the ideology of National Socialism.

A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY?

Quote:
“In West Germany a major conference on Haeckel, organized in 1978 by the Association of German Societies for the History of Medicine, gave expression to a widely held opinion in that country, when it set out to run determined interference against the idea that Haeckel, the enlightened, progressive, secular, and above all materialist thinker could be associated with mysticism and the genesis of National Socialism.”

Born in 1834 and educated in Berlin, Ernst Haeckel formed the German Monist League. A pantheistic philosophical society that proposed the unity of all organic and physical nature. 'In monism, the universe is only composed of one substance—matter—and any intelligence or “soul” must be an inherent property of that sole substance.'

Ernst Haeckel's theories on evolutionary biology and monism attracted many leading atheist thinkers of the day, including none other than Lenin himself. Although, it seems Ernst Haeckel wasn't quite the atheist history has painted him out to be.

Quote:
Haeckel is portrayed as a materialist, empiricist, and left-wing progressive. Haeckel was an idealist, mystic, elitist, racist reactionary.

Ernst Haeckel 1834 - 1919

In his major philosophical work, 'Monism as Connecting Religion and Science: The Confession of Faith of a Man of Science' (1892), Ernst Haeckel wrote:

1. “The monistic idea of God, which alone is compatible with our present knowledge of nature, recognises the Divine spirit in all things.

God is everywhere. As Giordano Bruno has it: ‘There is one Spirit in all things, and no body is so small that it does not contain a part of the Divine substance whereby it is animated’.” (Haeckel 1895, 78).

2. “Of the various systems of pantheism which for long have given expression more or less clearly to the monistic conception of God, the most perfect is certainly that of Spinoza.” (Haeckel 1895, 79).

3. “Ever more clearly are we compelled by reflection to recognise that God is not to be placed over against the material world as an external being, but must be placed as a ‘Divine power’ or ‘moving Spirit’ within the cosmos itself.” (Haeckel 1895, 15).

4. “The charge of atheism which still continues to be levelled against our pantheism, and against the monism which lies at its root, no longer finds a response among the really educated classes of the present day.” (Haeckel 1895, 80-81).

5. “I conclude my monistic Confession of Faith with the words: ‘May God, the Spirit of the Good, the Beautiful, and the True, be with us’.” (Haeckel 1895, 89).

'Monism as Connecting Religion and Science: The Confession of Faith of a Man of Science' (1892),

The deistic worldview of National Socialism may have been directly influenced by the German Darwinist and pantheist thinker Ernst Haeckel...
http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1716118&postcount=2

Quote:
Today we are in the middle of another revolutionary epoch. Revolutionary scientific understandings of genetics and race have found political expression in the National Socialist worldview. Once again a world of appearances collapsed, which had concealed from our eyes the true nature of humanity and the connections between body, soul, and spirit. The foundation of the Christian worldview is the doctrine of the separation of body and soul; the soul and spirit belong to a world independent of the physical, free of natural laws, and they are even to a certain degree able to free the human body from its natural setting. It is a major shift when racial theory recognizes the unity of body, soul and spirit and sees them as a whole that follows the eternal laws of nature.
Quote:
The human soul does not exist independent of the body, as the Church teaches. Body and soul are an inseparable unity. The living body is the manifestation of the soul.
Der Reichsführer SS/SS-Hauptamt, Rassenpolitik (Berlin, 1943

Quote:
When The Scientific Origins of National Socialism initially appeared, the Times Literary Supplement called it a "very well-argued thesis... that is completely successful... and leaves the reader to extract his own moral lessons." Medical History, in its review of The Scientific Origins of National Socialism, said, "His book is essential for understanding modern Germany. It has a general message derived from the events in Germany, where scientific data were permitted to take on a mystical signficiance... with ghastly consequences." Bruce Chatwin, in the New York Review of Books, called the book "brilliant." Now available in paperback, with a new introduction by the author, this seminal work will be of interest to intellectual historians, as well as those interested in twentieth-century Europe.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Scientific-Origins-National-Socialism/dp/0765805812 http://www.amazon.com/The-Scientific-Origins-National-Socialism/dp/0765805812

Reader's comment

Quote:
Short review -- get this book. It's only 180 pages or so, but it's an excellent reference book on your shelf the next time some numbskull lazily hurls around the "Nazi" label against any political ideology he or she opposes. Very well documented and researched.

This book describes the origins of National Socialist thought (the "Volk" movement), and its connections to Darwinism, evolution, and nature worship. The author does an excellent job at the connecting of dots between Ernst Haeckel's evolutionary Monism and Hitler's philosophy. This should be read by all, because the evil ideology of National Socialism is irresponsibly misrepresented in pop culture as a capitalistic, Christian enterprise, when nothing could be further from the truth. An excellent companion to "Nazi Economics" by Barkai, another good myth-buster.

It's kind of scary how little people know about the intellectual origins of Nazism, how it's glossed over by professors and "intellectuals" who find that the skeletal backbone of National Socialism hits a little too close to home.
The Scientific Origins of National Socialism free preview link.
"Man is not God. But he is God's birthplace. God exists and grows in man. If God does not come in man, He never comes~ Hence the German religion is the religion of high faith in man."-Alfred Rosenberg

Last edited by Gerry Fable; July 27th, 2014 at 08:18 PM.

Old July 27th, 2014 #19
Gerry Fable
'God Belief, German Piety'

Quote:
The common position of materialistic monism is philosophically rejected completely by the volkisch-biological view of National Socialism. Any further or continuing scientific-philosophic disputes concerning this belong exclusively to the area of scientific research. The party and its representatives must not only reject a part of the Haeckelian conception—other parts of it have occasionally been advanced—but, more generally, every internal party dispute that involves the particulars of research and the teachings of Haeckel must cease. (Hecht 1937–1938: 285)17
Apparently, the NSDAP rejected Ernst Haeckel's monism for being materialistic. So Gasman's thesis is incorrect. Or is it?....

http://vnnforum.com/showpost.php?p=1716118&postcount=2
"Man is not God. But he is God's birthplace. God exists and grows in man. If God does not come in man, He never comes~ Hence the German religion is the religion of high faith in man."-Alfred Rosenberg

Last edited by Gerry Fable; July 28th, 2014 at 06:27 PM.

Old August 15th, 2014 #20
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Picked up a used hardcover life of Soren Kierkegaard: A Biography by Joakim Garff last weekend and can't wait to get to it. But as I have two or three other dust magnets sitting on the shelf patiently waiting for me to read them, it's going to be a while.

For those who don't know, Kierkegaard was a 19th century Danish philosopher (said to be the very first existentialist), poet, theologian and social critic whose writings during his short lifetime caused quite a stir worldwide; more so than some of the more radical know-it-all troublemakers of his or any other time. Looks like it's going to be a helluva read.

Thread