VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 24th, 2006 #1
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

Default MTV's Top Biatch

McGrath transforms television

(CNN) -- If you want your MTV -- or VHI, Comedy Central or Nickelodeon -- Judy McGrath is the person to call.

Judy McGrath is chairman and CEO of MTV Networks, which is owned by Viacom.

As chairman and CEO of MTV Networks, McGrath is in charge of multiple networks owned by Viacom, including the 23-year-old pioneering music channel. Known for her originality and creativity, she influences programming that reaches 400 million viewers of more than 100 channels broadcast in 164 countries and 18 languages.

McGrath joined MTV in the network's infancy in 1981 as a copywriter in MTV's on-air promotions department. She remembers the uncertainty and pressure that greeted the novel idea of a music video channel.

"How could we combine these two powerful things, music and television, and come up with something fresh?" she told CNN during MTV's 20th anniversary year in 2001. "There was absolutely no sense that it would work."

But the maverick cable channel did work, changing how the world looks at music -- and musicians. McGrath quickly rose through the pop culture channel's ranks, developing shows and events such as the MTV Video Music Awards, "Total Request Live," "The Real World," "The Osbournes" and "Punk'd."

In July 2004, already heading MTV and Comedy Central, McGrath's oversight was expanded to include additional networks such as TV Land, Nick at Nite and Spike TV.

Tom Freston, Viacom's co-president and co-chief operating officer, described McGrath as the perfect person for the job when he announced the promotion.

"Ours is a business of creative vision, smart brand building, unrelenting consumer focus and good execution," he said. "I feel very proud and fortunate to be able to turn this job over to Judy and very much look forward to seeing her influence on the company grow and grow."

Recognizing the importance of the international audience has had a lot to do with her success, McGrath says. In November, she announced the planned launch of MTV's 100th channel -- MTV Base in Africa.

"With more than 75 percent of MTV's channels outside of the United States, we are a truly global operation that is fuelled by the exchange of creative ideas and cultures," she said in a press release about the new channel.

"Our international business is so important to the overall growth of MTV Networks and now reaching the 100-channel milestone, it is clear that there is no media company better positioned to benefit in the expanding international marketplace."

McGrath's success has landed her on numerous lists of the world's most powerful women and executives. Fortune magazine recently named her one of the 50 most powerful women in business. (MTV Networks is Viacom's most profitable division, with a projected $2 billion in profits this year.) And this year she received one of Glamour magazine's Women of the Year awards in a televised November ceremony.

Image, attitude and originality have kept MTV on the cutting edge of television and business, and McGrath says the network will continue to change with the times.

"I think our mantra has always been 'Evolve or die.' "

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2004...grath.profile/

Old February 24th, 2006 #2
Agis
biocultural Realpolitik

The Viacom execs I have met

are brain dead no talent losers

Mel Karmazin FUCKING USED CAR SALESMAN

25 million dollars and all this guy

can come up with is "get rid of

the receptionists at 1515 Broadway

Fucking Genuis

--------------------------------

Mark Rosenthal ugh!

Dumb as a fucking Plank

---------------------------------

Judy Mcgrath?

Pot head coke addict into s&m

--------------------------------

Tom Freston

Talk about living in a dream world..

----------------------------------

Anyone Remember Fred Seibert??

What a bumbling dumbass

---------------------------------

Anyone know these knuckleheads Salaries

then please post them..

Thanks

http://comments.fuckedcompany.com:80...0&crapfilter=1

Old February 24th, 2006 #3
janewhite88
aka nazibunny

I can’t believe anyone would be bragging about MTV now a day. She ruined it.
Shit, I remember when it was just ‘music tv’. Ya could turn it on and watch all music videos. Now, nothing but potty jokes, nigs, with a little pop music on top in order to keep the ‘M’ in the station name.
I don’t think I have seen a music video on the MTV in a long time.

a jane white portfolio

Old February 24th, 2006 #4
Steve Lillywhite
Banned

Location: The U.S. Office to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism
Default Truth in advertising

"MTV is destructional to people's values." -- http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

Old February 24th, 2006 #5
lawrence dennis
Anti-anti-antisemite

I guess this comment will seem dated, but I remember the good old days when niggers weren't allowed (except as tokens here and there) and the videos where of whites 'cause 80's new wave and punk artists were white. That didn't last long.

How is the faithful city become an harlot! It was full of judgment: righteousness lodged in it, but now murderers. Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water. Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards.

Xian WN!

"The Jew can only be understood if it is known what he strives for: ... the destruction of the world.... [it is] the tragedy of Lucifer."

Holy-Hoax Exposed, Hollow-Cost Examined, How Low Cost? (toons)

Old March 1st, 2006 #6
Briseis

Thumbs up

remember "headbanger's ball". I was never all that into metal, but I remember that, uh OK I remember when it first came out too, when they actually played rock videos, not this "spring break madness" and " the
(Is)real World" type dungheap, produced by king dungbeetle himself

I want to see a random anti-MTV sign at some WN event, just random other things that WNs oppose, guaranteed to cause mass confusion in anti land-
all they oppose is us, wonder what they will do when they see us with all kinds of different signs -anyone think of some others?
Immigration SUCKS
Ghettos SUCK
Speak English!
and so on..
Passion to Win (at ANY COST!)
Summer Redstone, Peter Knobler
A titan of modern media, Viacom Chairman and CEO Sumner Redstone reveals how blah blah blah blah blah blah media empires, and the richest man in blah blah blah. ...

http://www.mtvhell.com/humor/allthingsthatrock.html

Thread