Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 23rd, 2005 #1
antiZOG

Default Best Place to Buy Gold Coins?

Have been looking at the trend in gold prices for quite some time now...am ready to act. I think it will go much higher. My question is where is the best place to buy gold coins for investment purposes?
A place called Stanford Coins & Bullion has contacted me..anyone familiar with this outfit? I believe I first became aware of them from an ad in either The Barnes Review or American Free Press..several years back.

Old December 23rd, 2005 #2
albion

STANFORD COINS & BULLION RELOCATES TO HOUSTON

HOUSTON, September 6, 2005 - Stanford Coins & Bullion (SC&B) today announced that due to Hurricane Katrina, they have relocated their operations to the Stanford Financial Group headquarters in Houston, Texas, until further notice. It is unknown at this time when the office building in New Orleans (Metairie) in which they were located will become habitable.

The company's prime concern has been for its employees. We are pleased to report that all came through the hurricane safely, and many are currently relocating with their families to Houston.

SC&B's operations are underway in Houston. Existing phone lines have been rerouted and business is being conducted "as usual." Clients and business associates may reach them at 800-627-3015.

http://www.stanfordcoins.com/

Old December 23rd, 2005 #3
Omega Man
Exiled In the 'Kwa

Quote:
Have been looking at the trend in gold prices for quite some time now...am ready to act. I think it will go much higher. My question is where is the best place to buy gold coins for investment purposes?
A place called Stanford Coins & Bullion has contacted me..anyone familiar with this outfit? I believe I first became aware of them from an ad in either The Barnes Review or American Free Press..several years back.
I'm not familiar with Stanford Coins & Bullion. I checked out their website and you will note that they don't provide an actual quote on their 1 oz Gold Eagles; only noting that they sell "1% over cost!" WTF is the issue with not providing potential customers an actual live quote? They want you to call them. I smell a high pressured sales pitch once someone call them. I could be wrong but that is the case with many of these outfits.

Another thing, their "Better-Date Saints: 1914-S gold double eagles in Mint State 64 -- while they last!" are listed at $795.00 each. This is a reasonable price for a PCGS or NGC graded coin of that date but you might be able to obtain this coin $50-$100 cheaper from an auction site such as ebay or Heritage Galleries.

The cheapest bullion I've found is sold by The Tulving Company. Daily bullion quotes are provided.

Old December 23rd, 2005 #4
Chain

http://bulliondirect.com/catalog/sel....do?category=3

Old December 23rd, 2005 #5
antiZOG

Thanks, Chain for the info and the websites! -At least I can get a price quote on gold without having to call somebody. Also thanks for the info on Estonia!

Old December 23rd, 2005 #6
antiZOG

Oh, and thanks Omega for the Tulving website. -Looks like a pretty straightforward, and established operation.

Old December 30th, 2005 #7
JohnAFlynn
Banned

I've always used Monex - http://www.monex.com and have always been very pleased.

Old December 30th, 2005 #8
emac

Anyone that collects bullion needs to read this executive order that was issued by Roosevelt.

http://www.gold.org/value/reserve_as...1933aug28.html

Search for bezels online. Bezels can be put on coins making them jewelry thereby making it exempt from government seizure. Consider gold jewelry that can be purchased at pawn shops for investment.

Old December 30th, 2005 #9
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAFlynn
I've always used Monex - http://www.monex.com and have always been very pleased.
now john for security purposes you should never admit to having specie yourself! less said the better!

Old December 30th, 2005 #10
Dasyurus Maculatus
Banned

South African currency , the Gold Rand is available from banks in SA.

South African Gold @ circa $523.20/oz

Old December 31st, 2005 #11
JohnAFlynn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emac
Anyone that collects bullion needs to read this executive order that was issued by Roosevelt.

http://www.gold.org/value/reserve_as...1933aug28.html

Search for bezels online. Bezels can be put on coins making them jewelry thereby making it exempt from government seizure. Consider gold jewelry that can be purchased at pawn shops for investment.

That theory presupposes that I am going to head down to the ZOG collection center and turn in my precious metals. Never going to happen. And if they come to my house to take my metals, I'll give them some lead instead.

Old December 31st, 2005 #12
JohnAFlynn
Banned

Quote:
That theory presupposes that I am going to head down to the ZOG collection center and turn in my precious metals. Never going to happen. And if they come to my house to take my metals, I'll give them some lead instead.

Of course, I don't keep my metals at home, so that wouldn't matter.

Old December 31st, 2005 #13
JohnAFlynn
Banned

Quote:
Of course, I don't keep my metals at home, so that wouldn't matter.

But I do keep plenty of lead and lead dispersal devices.

Old December 31st, 2005 #14
emac

Quote:
A bezel will only add to the value of the coin. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Old December 31st, 2005 #15
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

I keep my loot in my Y2K bunker which is in an undisclosed location but I can say that it is hardened against NBC threats and is so fucking hard to find that even I cant find it anymore.

Old January 1st, 2006 #16
Rob Roy MacGregor

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiZOG
Oh, and thanks Omega for the Tulving website. -Looks like a pretty straightforward, and established operation.
Here's a good source too...

http://www.nwtmintbullion.com/

Tolerance is how far a mechanical part can deviate from the
norm before it screws up the entire machine.
– Any Mechanic

The Jews hate us because of our FREEDOM!

Holocaust® is a registered trademark of "G-d's chosen" predestined to "Rule the Earth".
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Old January 1st, 2006 #17
Itz_molecular
Banned

Default Soviets and gold

In that wonderful workers paradise, the Soviet Union, possession of gold bullion or coins was punishable by death. If the Soviet Union didn't die, it just moved over here, as Linder says, we can anticipate similar draconian laws.

Thread