VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 16th, 2010 #101
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Steele Pleads Not Guilty

Cyndi was the driver who discovered the bomb. Presumably, this is the vehicle that she drove to Oregon to visit her mother. Read the previous news article on this page.

Here is the latest. Note that his wife and son attended the hearing. That may indicate that he is innocent.
===========
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...-coeur-dalene/

June 15, 2010 in Idaho
Steele pleads not guilty shortly after bomb discovered
Meghann M. Cuniff The Spokesman-Review

Coeur d’Alene auto shop employees found a pipe bomb attached to an SUV belonging to the alleged victim in a murder plot Tuesday, just hours before her husband pleaded not guilty to a murder-for-hire charge in federal court.

Police confirmed that the device removed Tuesday from a car registered to Edgar J. Steele, who has been in custody since Friday, was explosive and required detonation by a Spokane bomb squad.

The discovery came just hours before Steele, 64, acted as his own attorney during a 45-minute hearing in U.S. District Court attended by his wife and son.

Steele, known for his unsuccessful defense of the Aryan Nations in the landmark 2000 case that bankrupted the racist group, pleaded with U.S. District Court Judge Candy Dale to release him from jail before next week’s bail hearing to tend to his clients and “put my affairs in order.”

“I’m certainly no threat to witnesses or jurors and there’s no evidence – absolutely no evidence – to support that,” Steele said.

But Assistant U.S. Attorney Traci Whelan told Dale that developments “within the last few hours” show Steele is “a substantial risk to the public,” and the judge ordered Steele held pending next week’s hearing.

Whelan was referring to the discovery of a bomb on the black 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited that a woman drove to the Fast Lane Quick Lube at West Bosanko Avenue and U.S. Highway 95 in Coeur d’Alene, about 12:30 p.m. That same car was targeted in an alleged murder plot authorities say was planned for last Friday.

A worker saw what appeared to be a pipe bomb attached to the bottom of the car, removed the vehicle from the shop bay and called police, prompting an evacuation of nearby businesses and a closure of U.S. 95.

A bomb squad unit from Spokane detonated the device, said Lt. Jay Heintz of the Coeur d’Alene Police Department. It was deemed to be explosive, but Heintz provided no additional detail.

Police also were looking at another car parked at the lube shop that may contain evidence, Heintz said.

The bomb was a 1-foot piece of galvanized pipe with cap screws, with two fuses attached to the exhaust system, shop employees said.

Workers said they were more stunned than shaken when they discovered it during a routine chassis inspection, which comes with an oil change.

“Usually, we find things like sticks,” said technician Josh Young, who first spotted the device. “We’re talking Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Nothing ever happens like this.”

Co-worker Charles Tyron said, “We were all down there gawking at it.”

Young said, “I brought her (the driver) down to show it to her. She was surprised to see it. She made comments about death threats. Her family had some issue.”

Tyron said the car’s driver was “lucky it didn’t get hot enough to ignite.”

Steele’s wife and son were at the federal courthouse in Coeur d’Alene about 4:30 p.m. for his first court appearance, where he asked to be released while awaiting a bail hearing scheduled for next Tuesday. The judge declined and ordered Steele not to contact his mother-in-law and wife.

Steele called the order “an unconscionable” assault on his marriage and asked Dale to consult Steele’s wife and son before ruling, saying they “are in no danger from me.

“They know me far better than the U.S. government does,” Steele said. “The United States government is doing everything in its power to try to drive a wedge between me and my wife,”

Steele’s wife and son, who appeared to be in his early 20s, declined interviews but spoke with Whelan at the hearing and communicated with Steele before the no-contact order.

Steele’s wife cried after the hearing and slammed her hand against a wall outside the courtroom.

“I need to be allowed to talk to my husband – I need to not be stripped of my car,” she said to court officials.

She met with federal authorities in the U.S. attorney’s office before being driven from the building. Authorities said she wasn’t in protective custody early that afternoon, but it’s unclear if that changed after the bomb was discovered.

Steele was scheduled to appear in court Monday, but the hearing was delayed after the U.S. attorney’s office in the federal courthouse in Coeur d’Alene received a letter containing a suspicious white powder and was evacuated. There’s no indication the powder is connected to Steele’s case.

Steele is charged with use of interstate commerce in the commission of murder for hire; the man he allegedly hired told the FBI of the plot, according to a probable cause affidavit.

The informant had known Steele for several years and said he heard him talk six months ago about people he wanted to kill, including his wife and mother-in-law, who lives in Oregon. The informant said he was to be paid $25,000 to make the murders appear to be automobile accidents. If Steele collected on an insurance policy, the informant would receive an additional $100,000, according to the affidavit.

The informant met with Steele in a FBI-monitored meeting June 9 at Steele’s home at 1569 Talache Road, about 10 miles south of Sandpoint near Shepherd Lake. The murders were planned for Friday; Steele said “that if the Black Endeavor were to leave he guaranteed that his wife would be driving it,” according to affidavit.

Steele gave the informant $400 to cover travel expenses to Oregon, which the informant gave to the FBI, according to the affidavit.

The informant met with Steele again on Thursday, this time wearing a recording device. The affidavit says Steele told the informant “he would receive payment when confirmation of death was received and Edgar Steele was not considered a suspect.”

Staff writers Becky Kramer, Carolyn Lamberson and Sara Leaming contributed to this report.

Old June 16th, 2010 #102
Russ
Banned

I am assuming that if an informant was supposed to do the killing, then who put the bomb under the car...since the informant was working with FBI? None was killed so the max sentence is ten years.
This story is getting stranger by the hour. It's a frame up gone crazy. They messed up with this bomb deal information. Someone was trying to kill Steele. Unfortunately the bomb was not done correctly or something. This is all crazy. No talk by prosecutor means no case. They're sweating it.

Old June 16th, 2010 #103
America First

Ex Coast Guard Officer during Viet Nam.

Trial Lawyer licensed in four States.

No criminal History.

Serious heart attack with emergency surgery recently.

64 years of Age.

Living in a Rural area.

The public and Judge were told that is he is a flight risk and etc.

This case appears unique, and very stinky IMO.

Shades of the NKVD.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn "Live Not By Lies" 1974

Again I know no facts about this case, but if this was true perhaps the heart attack affected his brain ? As this is really a hard one to believe.

Was he being Watched for years now ?

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Last edited by America First; June 16th, 2010 at 01:37 AM.

Old June 16th, 2010 #104
Russ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
Perhaps the Feds will say that some crazed supporter of Steele put it there to kill the wife to avenge for Steele's arrest. This is getting curiouser and curiouser.
Nothing suprises me anymore concerning what our criminal law enforcement will do. I used to back the badge, but I see they are just as bad as the politicians and have no dignity or conscience as to what is true or moral. They sit around and whack off while trying to lure people to commit crimes that "they" are already committing. Hide behind a badge and use corruption to hurt ordinary folks. Yes I know, there are some good lawmen and honest agents, but they are the few, very few. The court is no different. it's all about power and money. Putting an innocent man in jail on some made up twisting of law is unjust and shows who is really the law breaker. The police and courts are the lawbreakers. Just my opinions.

Old June 16th, 2010 #105
Russ
Banned

Notice the trial by media already with "Hate attorney suspect in killing for hire" or "Attorney for skinheads" etc..etc. There is no way Steele will get an unbiased jury because the media is going to make sure he is looked at as someone repulsive. Why can't they post as the Gentleman above done and show the overall qualities of Steele? We must some way find a way to produce competitive media with the MSM. That is what kills us. We never get to give the other side except on some hidden from the world forums in the internet to each other.

Old June 16th, 2010 #106
Russ
Banned

I think a few of us better check under our cars from now on. Anyone that has been arrested unjustly is evidently a person who was making a difference. That includes me. I'm glad to stay low profile.

Old June 16th, 2010 #107
America First

Calling Peter Shank.

Shank man.

Let US hear from you.

As per my memory a few years ago, You stated in one of your broadcast's that your car had had its brakes/cable/? hack sawed ? etc.

come in Shank

We cannot allow the natural passions and prejudices of other peoples
to lead our country to destruction.

-Charles A. Lindbergh
http://www.fff.org/freedom/0495c.asp

Last edited by America First; June 16th, 2010 at 01:58 AM.

Old June 16th, 2010 #108
Russ
Banned

You and I know that in reality, if we had free speech on the MSM and could voice our opinions and express ourselves without some Jew starting all the hate on us, then we would be effective in bringing most sensible people to our cause. The government controllers know this and so do the hidden masters. That's why when you start making people think you end up being arrested sooner or later. They don't mind sending innocent men or women to jail for 8 years, simply for stating an opinion or expressing oneself. We must change this and demand to be heard and have a fair even voice in the mainstream.

Old June 16th, 2010 #109
Russ
Banned

Does anyone know shankman above? What's he referring to?

Old June 16th, 2010 #110
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

To highlight some content from the article above.

Quote:
The judge declined and ordered Steele not to contact his mother-in-law and wife.

Steele called the order “an unconscionable” assault on his marriage and asked Dale to consult Steele’s wife and son before ruling, saying they “are in no danger from me.

“They know me far better than the U.S. government does,” Steele said. “The United States government is doing everything in its power to try to drive a wedge between me and my wife,”

Steele’s wife and son, who appeared to be in his early 20s, declined interviews but spoke with Whelan at the hearing and communicated with Steele before the no-contact order.

Steele’s wife cried after the hearing and slammed her hand against a wall outside the courtroom.

I need to be allowed to talk to my husband – I need to not be stripped of my car,” she said to court officials.

Old June 16th, 2010 #111
Russ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
You and I know that in reality, if we had free speech on the MSM and could voice our opinions and express ourselves without some Jew starting all the hate on us, then we would be effective in bringing most sensible people to our cause. The government controllers know this and so do the hidden masters. That's why when you start making people think you end up being arrested sooner or later. They don't mind sending innocent men or women to jail for 8 years, simply for stating an opinion or expressing oneself. We must change this and demand to be heard and have a fair even voice in the mainstream.
Not to mention all the detailed documented facts we produce, how can people be so swayed by labeling? Americans are either just so dumbed down or they flat don't care what awaits them in the future. I am tired of being a victim, just because I don't want to bow to failed and immoral principals of the perverted and insane Jewish mind and that of their followers. This is Jewish doctrine that dominates American thinking and it is why America is so sick. But you know what, those who call themselves Jews are not Jews at all. As is stated by paul in the Bible, a Jew is one that loves Jesus Christ. Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 24 when speaking with the Pharasies? They may have desended from Abraham but they were of Satan. Abraham was a Father of many Nations. How could anyone think that evil people who blaspheme Jesus could possibly be Godly is beyond my abilty to understand. The Bible makes it clear, so why do Christians support the antichrist state of those who say they are Jews but are of satan in everything they do??? Tell me you who call yourself Christian. Chosen people my rear leg!!!

Old June 16th, 2010 #112
Russ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
To highlight some content from the article above.
To disallow Steele and his wife to speak (at the wifes request) is unthinkable. They don't want him to have any contact because they want the wife to believe he done this. I know how they tried to inflame the black Judge in my case, not to mention the black prisoners I came to court shackled to. The deputy just laughed when he saw me in such a state, then proceeded to mention David Duke and how I must have a problem with inter-racial relationships. He did it hoping to get me killed or beaten. That's the way corrupt law enforcement works. But that prick will one day have to answer for his crimes and perversion of justice. And to think he was white...bald headed and very ignorant. A good deal of our enemies are our own. Some of you need to understand that fact. Some in my family are just as liberal and stupid as the year is long. When I got out, most replies to my story was "that I must have done something". I tried telling them but they don't listen cause they think the law is honest and always does good.

Old June 16th, 2010 #113
Russ
Banned

Talking

Quote:
And no it's not Glen Beck or the Tea Party. People think these supporters of Israel and mis-tellers of the WHOLE story are on our side. They're not on our side. We have to all come out and vote Obama out when the next election comes. Provided we have any reasonable candidate to support. Most likely it will be the same old sham with hamburger a or hamberger b with no difference except a little pickle on it.

Old June 16th, 2010 #114
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

Quote:
The informant had known Steele for several years and said he heard him talk six months ago about people he wanted to kill, including his wife and mother-in-law, who lives in Oregon
What was Steele doing six month and three weeks ago:

Quote:
About Those Rumors

On November 21 [2009] I was sitting in my study, reading, when I felt a little "pop" in my chest. I sat there for 15 minutes, fearing that I would pass out if I dared try to stand. Finally, I staggered to my feet, got help and rushed to the local hospital emergency room, where I was quickly diagnosed with a condition serious enough to justify being "choppered" to the nearest cardiac specialty hospital unit. In fact, they told me that I very likely would not live long enough to get there. Fortunately, there just happened to be a helicopter parked on the roof at that very time.

The surgeon's team met me in the elevator at the receiving facility and began work then and there, so far gone was I. My blood pressure had gone to zero - technically, I was dead. Nip and tuck, as they say, but somehow they managed to snatch me back. "Seconds," the surgeon later told me, was all that then separated me from eternity. I spent several hours on a heart-lung machine that day, then 9 days unconscious and on a respirator, then another two weeks in the ICU, barely able to move. It has been a long, slow, painful journey back.
So is it the case the Steele started to "talk" about a list of people he wanted to dead immediately after his near death experience? And that list included somebody who had likely become very important to him after his near death experience? And this "talk" was occurring at Christmas time. If Steele and his wife did have problems, it would likely be the case that those problems would been cleared away given the situation.

And what does it mean when the "confidential" informant "heard him talk"? Was Steele and the "confidential" informant at bar or at a party where Steele was talking loudly enough to be heard by the "confidential" informant?

Old June 16th, 2010 #115
Tintin
∞ 𐌙 λ

How does one: kill two people in a car and make it look like a accidental car crash.

This would seem to be a very complicated thing to do. Remember, this is not a Jewlywood movie script.
  • How many weeks of planning would be needed to assure success? Seems like the "confidential" informant would have only had a short period of time to make his (ops his/her) plans? How long had Steele's wife been planing the trip?
  • What is the likely of success if "confidential" informant was doing this for the first time? Why would Steele have confidence that "confidential" informant would be psychologically able to deal with the killing of two people who did nothing to him?
  • How familiar would the individual who was going to cause the accident need to be with the road and surrounding area were the accident was to occur? Is the traffic heavy, is the in wooded area, etc. Seems likely the "confidential" informant may have had no idea and may have been completely unfamiliar with the area (Oregon) were the accident was to occur?
  • How familiar would the individual need to be with daily routine of the persons to be in the accident? Since Steele's wife was just visiting her mother-in-law, there would have been no daily routine for the "confidential" informant to plans from. Does the mother-in-law own a car and if so wouldn't there be a chance of the Steele's wife and mother-in-law could have used that car during their visit?
  • Was the "confidential" informant going to randomly follow his two victims around waiting for the right moment to cause the fatal accident? Would he be concerned he would be spotted by the victims or caught on a surveillance camera. Was the "confidential" informant going to drive around Oregon with Idaho plates?
  • Certainly Steele would have known he would have been the number one suspect no matter if he had a alibi or not. Surely he would have realized that his every move was being monitored anyway, surely Steele would have known there would have been no way he could have transferred $25,000 and then another $100,000 to the killer or killer's family without being caught. Steele may well be on a list of American terrorist!
  • Given that Steele's wife was driving a SUV with seat belts and air bags, just how much destruction/impact going to be needed to cause a fatal accident. And given that the women is the car were older and elderly, just what was the chance that they would be have been traveling at a high enough rate of speed to cause significant damage that could cause two fatalities.
  • If the attempt to create the accident failed and the "confidential" informant was caught, surely it would have only been a matter of time before the authorities connected the "confidential" informant to Steele.
  • Surely Steele is smarter then the "confidential" informant, and if Steele did want "confidential" informant to kill his wife and mother-in-law Steele certainly would have mapped out in great detail the plans for the accident. Smarter men to not trust lesser men to to get something of importance done and it is obvious that this accident was extremely important.

If the accusation are true, Steele would have spent months planing the murder of his wife and mother-in-law. Surely he would have seen that the plan had virtually no chance of being successful. Steele is a lawyer and likely could find many more potential points of failure then those listed above. And like the say, if one other person knows, everybody knows.

So it would seem much more probable, that if Steele wanted to kill his wife he would have done it some way where he would not have had to involved somebody else. For example, and accident during a rafting or mountain hiking or a created a suicide. Sure, Steele may not have had an air tight alibi, but nobody else would have known the truth and Steele just could have rolled the dice.

But given all the above, the authorities claim to have Steele on tape ...

Old June 16th, 2010 #116
OTPTT
Banned

How can we help Edgar Steele and his family?

Old June 16th, 2010 #117
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default Sorry, Don...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald E. Pauly View Post
The Five Words don't apply when a full blooded lawyer is locked up unless that lawyer is guilty.
Why would you say that?

The conventional wisdom is he who defends himself has a fool for a client and that applies to lawyers, too. Watch. Ed Steele will hire an attorney if he doesn't "commit suicide" in jail.

There are SO many suspicious things about this situation. For example, just because a pipe bomb, if that's what it was, managed to, say, take out a brake line, what are the odds that wife and mother would be in the car and that the car would be careening down a mountain road without a guard rail and that the driver would not have sense enough to apply the emergency brake? It would take something like C-4 to cause a serious problem with a fuel tank. Think about how you'd plan it and you'll probably conclude that it would require someone following the vehicle with a remote detonator. And how would you ever make it look like an accident?

Old June 16th, 2010 #118
Russ
Banned

It's all a bunch of pure BS, if you get my drift. The main thing you should be asking is why all of a sudden when Steele is in jail do they find a pipe bomb under the car...IF the informant was working with FBI. There would have been no placing of pipe bomb. This is all a frame up gone wrong. Why would two days after the arrest find the bomb, if in fact they were concerned with the Wife's safety. First thing they would have done would have been to tell her not to even drive the vehicle or go near it. Secondly, a man in that condition would not kill the closest people on earth to him. Steel is not a conspirator, especially one who would plan such a juvenile type of plan as that. I tell you, it's a total frame job. Law enforcement never goes after the real crooks, they sit around beating off trying to punish someone who has opinions that their lords don't like...like little ass kissers.

Old June 16th, 2010 #119
Russ
Banned

Quote:
It's all a bunch of pure BS, if you get my drift. The main thing you should be asking is why all of a sudden when Steele is in jail do they find a pipe bomb under the car...IF the informant was working with FBI. There would have been no placing of pipe bomb. This is all a frame up gone wrong. Why would two days after the arrest find the bomb, if in fact they were concerned with the Wife's safety. First thing they would have done would have been to tell her not to even drive the vehicle or go near it. Secondly, a man in that condition would not kill the closest people on earth to him. Steel is not a conspirator, especially one who would plan such a juvenile type of plan as that. I tell you, it's a total frame job. Law enforcement never goes after the real crooks, they sit around beating off trying to punish someone who has opinions that their lords don't like...like little ass kissers.
Remember the informant was supposed to do the killing? So where did the pipe bomb come from? Put your thinking caps on folks. The informant was working for FBI and did not do the job.

Old June 16th, 2010 #120
Russ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
How can we help Edgar Steele and his family?
I don't know how we can help him but I can think. Perhaps we should flood the courthouse demanding he is released until trial due to the fact that the evidence is not conclusive and based on one persons so called testimony and because of Steele's health issues and the fact that he has no record. Any ideas?????

Tags
edgar steele

Thread