VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 6th, 2014 #21
James Dovery

Jews confuse the goyim with costume.

Old January 6th, 2014 #22
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Very few people under the age of 55 have any idea what a hippie was. Mostly their idea comes from cheap TV fiction, from Hollywood. Here is an old post of mine that may straighten out some foggy thinking:
-
The hippie movement was really fairly short-lived. 1965 was very early and by the end of 1970 the hippie movement was about done. Anything after the end of 1971 was just a few people just hanging on.

Hippie meant drugs, drug-focused music, travel (bumming around,) and lots of promiscuous sex. Typical dress for a male hippie would be old, faded bluejeans, possibly with some leather strips woven into the jeans, sandals, a plain work shirt, or rarely a tie-dyed t-shirt. About the same for a female. Anything much more colorful than this would fall into the Hollywood hippie category. Beads, jewelry...not too much...maybe at an outdoor music festival.

Some exceptions to the 1971 end of hippiedom:

1. A few people tried to hang on by moving to the land and farming. This didn't work out too well.
2. A few people tried to hang on the the culture and work at minimal jobs, mostly construction. This got real tiresome.
3. Dead-heads...not really still hippies except at dead concerts. (There is a name for dead concerts. I can't remember what it is.) I have a good friend who falls into this category. He has a PhD in Physics and is a retired professor. Every once in a while he gets real excited and goes to a whatever a dead concert is called...tie-dyed t-shirt and all. He invites me, but so far I've declined.

Any time you see something from the 70s with men with polyester bell-bottomed pants, white shoes, big white belt, and shirt with a gigantic collar, you are seeing pre-disco-duck, or disco-duck. On "That 70s Show," everyone dresses this way except Chong, and he dresses somewhere between hippie and Hollywood hippie.

I met one of these Up With People guys once. He found the group through his church. He played the guitar. He knew 12 chords. He liked Jesus. He was not a hippie.

I knew another guy, whose name I can't remember. In 1970, summer, he hitch-hiked from Tangier to Marrakesh. In Tangier he met a girl from the states. They were friends in Casablanca, lovers in Marrakesh (where they shared 1,000 micrograms of LSD, and slept on the roof of a hotel for the equivalent of 10 cents US.) By the time they got to Fez they were a couple. They split up in Southern Spain. A week later he met her in Nice, France. She had already hooked-up with someone else. He was a hippie.

I have no idea whatever happened to him.
-

Mike

Old January 6th, 2014 #23
albert999
Banned

Default Journey to the center of the mind.

A young Ted Nugent, he is a Republican.

Old January 6th, 2014 #24
M. Gerard

The hippies grew out of the beatniks and the beatniks were very jewy. The beatniks wrote poetry and the media made and makes a big deal out of them. The hippies were into drugs and niggerish sexual freedom. No work! Communes! No conventional marriage. Bare feet.

The hippie lingo was Negro criminal lingo of earlier decades.

Old January 6th, 2014 #26
James Dovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Gerard View Post
The hippies grew out of the beatniks and the beatniks were very jewy. The beatniks wrote poetry and the media made and makes a big deal out of them. The hippies were into drugs and niggerish sexual freedom. No work! Communes! No conventional marriage. Bare feet.

The hippie lingo was Negro criminal lingo of earlier decades.
You think the hippies or beats invented free love and "niggerish" sexual frredom?

These guys were doin it 1848 style:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneida_Community

Old January 6th, 2014 #28
Clancy

The hippies of the 60s and 70s were basically the "beatniks" of the late 40s and 50s on LSD.

Old January 6th, 2014 #29
James Dovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy View Post
The hippies of the 60s and 70s were basically the "beatniks" of the late 40s and 50s on LSD.
Did you read that on Wikipedia? LSD wasn't even around when the hippie movement began. The drugs probably killed it, after all, the government was experimenting with LSD to use to control a revolt or uprising.

Beats were "white niggers" (self described) who enjoyed going to jazz shows and being around niggers. Hippies were youthful baby boomers who couldn't find work because of the population explosion caused by WWII.

Old January 7th, 2014 #30
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Old January 7th, 2014 #31
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Old January 7th, 2014 #33
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Old January 7th, 2014 #34
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Old January 7th, 2014 #35
albert999
Banned

Default In a gadda da vida

I loved this song, until I heard slayer change it for the better, actually the name of the original song was "In the garden of Eden", but nobody could hear that, so they changed it to "In da gadda da vida".

Old January 7th, 2014 #36
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Old January 7th, 2014 #37
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

One of my favorite albums of all time.

Old January 9th, 2014 #38
Jason 916
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Old January 9th, 2014 #39
Jason 916