VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 13th, 2009 #11
George Witzgall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Stone View Post
At the risk sounding like I'm copping out, I guess I could say "that depends."
It depends on the adopting parents involved.

I wouldn't have said that a couple decades ago. I would have said unequivocally that being placed in foster care is infinitely preferable to growing up with homos (of either gender), but now I'm not so sure.

Even when I was a ward of the state, there was a lot of corruption, perversion, incompetence, and general mayhem. These days it is tremendously worse. Frankly, if you put a female child in one of these state run homes, she WILL be sexually abused. Boys sometimes as well.

Add to that to the drugs and unsupervised delinquents (they mix in child offenders with normal foster kids because they think it makes everyone feel better) as well the indifferent staff members and it's a wonder any kid makes it out whole.

One of the dirty little secrets of these 'group homes' is that they are run by the lowest common denominators of the "social work" professions (psychology, etc). These jobs pay next to nothing and the people who take those jobs are people who almost flunked out of college. The upshot here is that there is a high percentage of niggers (yes that is the appropriate word in this context).

These cretins are barely literate and often on the prowl. In fact I can say with a great deal of certainty that one of the reasons they take these jobs is for the chance to score some underage ass (male or female).

Anyway, my point here is that a child in these circumstances in going to encounter homos, it's just a matter of how and where. Under those circumstances, being raised by a couple of lesbians my not be the worst choice.

My first choice however would be for a loving and supportive foster home. The first foster home I stayed in (the farm) was mostly like that, except that the foster parents were both in their early 60's by the time I was there. They had kept children for over 30 years and had become very distant and cold toward the kids (I expect as a defense measure).

-Brian

very depressing. sounds like you were one of the lucky few in that at least your situation, while not ideal, wasn't abusive. thanks for your thoughts.

Thread