Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 16th, 2008 #1
Rounder

Default Hey You Johnny Rebs, Top This !!

All 7 of my male ancestors from one family fought for Dixie during the Civil War. And of the 7, 4 were killed, including my great-great-grandfather, Mathew Addison Council, who died on 14 Dec 1862 in a POW camp at Finns Point, Delaware of wounds he'd received at the Battle of Sharpsburg in July 1862.

All 7 are listed below as posted on the internet at: www.bjhughes.org/warcivil.html

COUNCIL, Albert Carberry 3/22/1833-12/6/1894 s/o Kimbrel Willford Council & Ada Yates

COUNCIL, Calvin b. c1839 died at war; s/o Kimbrel Willford Council & Ada Yates

COUNCIL, Dorsey 12/15/1827-4/18/1909 s/o Kimbrel Willford Council & Ada Yates

COUNCIL, George b. c1841 died at war; s/o Kimbrel Willford Council & Ada Yates

COUNCIL, Matthew Addison c1835-12/14/1862 Killed in war; s/o Kimbrel Willford Council & Ada Yates

COUNCIL, Pashal B b. 4/18/1831 died at war; s/o Kimbrel Willford Council & Ada Yates

COUNCIL, Robert J 2/23/1846-1922, wounded in war; s/o Kimbrel Willford Council & Ada Yates

My grandmother (Myra Mae Council Allen), her parents, and her 7 brothers and sisters are recorded, by name, at: www.bjhughes.org/council2.html. And by simply backtracking thru the generations recorded there, it was easy to confirm my forefathers going back to John Council who was born in Wedford, England in 1597 and who settled at Isle of Wight, Virginia in the mid 1600's, as well as confirm my 7 Council ancestors, by name, who fought in the civil war.

I therefore and herewith declare myself VNN's King Johnny Reb. Any challengers ??

(A distant female Council cousin living in California (her grandfather and my grandmother are brother and sister) has spent years researching the Council family lineage, though I only became aware of it coupla weeks ago. Previously, I knew virtually nothing about my Council lineage beyond my own grandmother.)

Last edited by Rounder; August 16th, 2008 at 12:51 PM.

Thread