VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 10th, 2013 #21
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr A.Anderson View Post
I've done the following too many times to count.

4 hours of work.

$15 dollars in material costs (paint, tape, masking).

$1485 profit.

Too easy.
Done what, exactly? Paint people's rooms? Can't paint a whole house in that time can you?

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old May 13th, 2013 #22
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

A good thread ruined by two guys (three if you count Joad's/Fakins' presence) slurring WNs at will.

Old May 13th, 2013 #23
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Rouse View Post
A good thread ruined by two guys (three if you count Joad's/Fakins' presence) slurring WNs at will.
I'm becoming more aggressive in simply deleting this stuff.

Some of you could help by not responding.

Old May 13th, 2013 #24
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I'm becoming more aggressive in simply deleting this stuff.

Some of you could help by not responding.
Sorry, Alex. I was trying to be nice.

Old May 13th, 2013 #25
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ramsey View Post
Sorry, Alex. I was trying to be nice.
I wasn't alluding to you. It's just a good rule for everyone to follow. I don't feel as strongly against hijacking as others do, but when we get this personal bickering in otherwise interests threads - that I object to. And I'm just going to delete where I see it. And incremental cases against offenders will accrue in my mindlet.

Old May 14th, 2013 #26
Randal Goode

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
Done what, exactly? Paint people's rooms? Can't paint a whole house in that time can you?
I don't know what he is doing, but I do know that for only 15 bucks he is only getting one can of spray paint, one or two rolls of masking tape and maybe some cheap paper, or some combination of the latter two items. I also know that he must see whoever his clients are coming a mile away.

There has been a great number of such enterprising people coming and going over the last decade or so. I will certainly give them their due credit for knowing how to get their hands on money. No argument there. How long such enterprising is going to continue is a whole 'nother matter, I think. The Kwans have had a lot of cash to spend during the last twenty years. How most are going to sustain that status in the high tech world we live in is an interesting question. But maybe the right winger, libertarian types are right and America will stay right on top and in stiff competition with Asia and Apple by running lawn care services and car "detailing," simple carpentry* and the like at a corporate lawyer prices.

Two guys stopped by the house last week wanting to trim trees. 800 bucks a tree. I laughed but a neighbor took them up. They trimmed four trees, in as many hours and left the brush in the yard, thereby insuring another enterprising moneymaker a few days work at a similar wage rate. Grass mowers get from 80 bucks a pop up to over 300 per yard.

This neighbor, BTW, is a retired janitor from Monsanto. He had no skills but he made 30 bucks and hour and they let him work around the clock if he wanted to. A lot of people around here made those kind of wages with unskilled work. Out of curiosity I frequently look at job bulletin boards and the like. Most unskilled and semi-skilled labor, I see, seems to pay about 11 bucks an hour these days. As I alluded to above, I wonder how that is going to impact these enterprising money makers.

(*) A few years ago, yet another enterprising man took an older woman for 2500 bucks when a bad gutter caused the floor joists to rot and let her living room floor drop about two inches. Total material costs were about 450 dollars. The job took a little less than five hours. I talked to the man. He said he got more than that for the same job over in the neighboring county. And he started out wanting 11 grand! When the woman, of course, said she didn't have that kind of money, the carpenter reevaluated the damage and decided the less drastic repair would do. Uh-huh. Like I said, I can't fault these people for their money making ability--or their nerve. I wish them luck keeping up the, um, err, business in the future.

Old May 14th, 2013 #27
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Quote:
Custom airbrush artist.

Old May 14th, 2013 #28
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ramsey View Post
Custom airbrush artist.
Yeah, he PMed me. A lucrative occupation, for sure.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old May 15th, 2013 #29
Crowe

Last weekend a neighbor of mine needed some maintenance done on is riding mower. He needed the oil changed, fuel filter, and also the blade sharpened/straightened. Then took a grease gun and lubed everything up. Fuel filter + oil filter + 2 quarts of oil was about $50 for his mower. Took me 2 hours. Basically did a full tuneup on it. Made $150 profit or so. The mower ran like new when I was done with it. Local shop would have charged quite a bit more, and he would have had to wait a couple weeks. I do odd jobs like that all the time.

Everyone I've ever done work for usually calls me back for something in the future. If you get to know 8-10 people, and do good work for them, suddenly people start calling you up. Someone wanted me to paint a whole house (exterior) and there was lots of molding and corners that needed to be scraped/sanded, and I had to turn that one down. Not that I couldn't do it, but I wasn't certain enough how long it would take to do it right, and I've been known to greatly underbid things. So I don't take on large projects, unless they agree to pay me hourly + ill hand them the receipt for materials.

Last edited by Crowe; May 15th, 2013 at 10:13 PM.

Old June 1st, 2013 #30
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Folks View Post
Check it out.
Wow.

Trolling the Working forum with your idiotic paranoia now?

Hey, Warren... Did you follow the advise in the OP this election cycle to make extra cash? Did any of you?

Nah, it would have entailed a little effort, even when the proven winner project was literally spelled out for you.

Don't bitch about having nothing when you do nothing.

Old June 1st, 2013 #31
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Wow.

Hey, Warren... Did you follow the advise in the OP this election cycle to make extra cash? Did any of you?

Nah, it would have entailed a little effort, even when the proven winner project was literally spelled out for you.

Relax. While I didn't do the T Shirt Wars thing you suggested, I did imitate the self-starter spirit and began selling used men's shirts.

Old June 1st, 2013 #32
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:

Relax. While I didn't do the T Shirt Wars thing you suggested, I did imitate the self-starter spirit and began selling used men's shirts.
Great. Good to hear. My frustration was with Warren, and his trolling in this thread.

There are a thousand different legal ways for a motivated individual to make cash.

Don't be a wage-slave your whole lives, guys.

Old June 1st, 2013 #33
N.B. Forrest

Right. Just a little hustle can really pay dividends. Hit the thrift stores, the yard sales; the money's out there waiting to be picked up by anyone who does their homework.

Old June 1st, 2013 #34
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Right. Just a little hustle can really pay dividends. Hit the thrift stores, the yard sales; the money's out there waiting to be picked up by anyone who does their homework.
Yeah, I don't know what it's like in your area, but every weekend it seems like there are 1,000 garage/yard sales around here.

It's utterly amazing what you can find.

Old June 2nd, 2013 #35
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know what it's like in your area, but every weekend it seems like there are 1,000 garage/yard sales around here.

It's utterly amazing what you can find.
Absolutely. And some of these thrift stores, shit, they're practically GIVING stuff away: Salvation Army, another local church one often have like-new men's shirts for a dollar. You can turn those around and make 3-10 bucks profit with ease - and sometimes a hell of a lot more: I once paid about $3 for a silk Tommy Bahama, and sold it for 100 simoleons. Did the same thing with a Gucci I picked up for a buck at the Army: 80 smackers.

Of course, such windfalls don't come every day; it all depends on what they have at the moment, and the buyer's level of "market research".

Old June 2nd, 2013 #36
Warren Folks

Quote:
Wow.

You sure are sensitive about a picture? Makes one wonder does it not?

Old June 2nd, 2013 #37
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
You sure are sensitive about a picture?
Yeah, you post a picture of some ADL Jew in a thread about a proven way for whites to earn some extra cash exactly why again, Warren?

Quote:
Makes one wonder does it not?
That you're a cowardly dipshit, following the lead of other paranoid dipshits?

Nah, I don't wonder about that at all, man.

Old June 2nd, 2013 #38
Warren Folks

Quote:
Yeah, you post a picture of some ADL Jew in a thread about a proven way for whites to earn some extra cash exactly why again, Warren?

That you're a cowardly dipshit, following the lead of other paranoid dipshits?

Nah, I don't wonder about that at all, man.
Like I give a shit what some yellow fat fuck like you thinks or says. Fuck off pig.

I guess looking at that picture must be like you are looking in a mirror.

Old June 3rd, 2013 #39
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Quote:
Like I give a shit what some yellow fat fuck like you thinks or says. Fuck off pig.
Yeah, you have no idea what I look like, clown. Only thing you'll be fucking, porcine included, will be of the blow-up variety. And were latex sentient, even that furtive & squeaky union would be decidedly un-consensual.

Now, since you're from Florida, I'll explain my insult to you in terms you'll find it perhaps a bit easier to gain benefit from: You'd have to rape a blow-up doll in order to approximate having sexual intercourse with a female, human or pig.

Interesting that you would use the insult "fat fuck" to someone you've never seen. One wonders, since you seem to be given to wondering about such things, Warren....one wonders if perhaps you're projecting?

Do you cranks even internalize why you obsess over & follow me around the forum like attention-starved teenage girls? Because I know why, and it isn't because you think I'm some morbidly-obese ADL Jew.

Quote:
I guess looking at that picture must be like you are looking in a mirror.
Whatever you need to tell yourself to address your low-self esteem & inferiority issues, bro. We're all here for you, Warren. No matter what that ass-hat manager said about the way you use wayyyy too many pickles, you're important. You matter.

Hey, it's the Internet. If a semi-literate worm-IQ paranoiac parrot like yourself can be a detective, I sure as hell can be a psychologist, motherfucker.

Don't worry. I'm pre-med. Or maybe it was pre-law....same thing.

Old June 3rd, 2013 #40
Warren Folks

Quote:
Yeah, you have no idea what I look like, clown. Only thing you'll be fucking, porcine included, will be of the blow-up variety. And were latex sentient, even that furtive & squeaky union would be decidedly un-consensual.

Now, since you're from Florida, I'll explain my insult to you in terms you'll find it perhaps a bit easier to gain benefit from: You'd have to rape a blow-up doll in order to approximate having sexual intercourse with a female, human or pig.

Interesting that you would use the insult "fat fuck" to someone you've never seen. One wonders, since you seem to be given to wondering about such things, Warren....one wonders if perhaps you're projecting?

Do you cranks even internalize why you obsess over & follow me around the forum like attention-starved teenage girls? Because I know why, and it isn't because you think I'm some morbidly-obese ADL Jew.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to address your low-self esteem & inferiority issues, bro. We're all here for you, Warren. No matter what that ass-hat manager said about the way you use wayyyy too many pickles, you're important. You matter.

Hey, it's the Internet. If a semi-literate worm-IQ paranoiac parrot like yourself can be a detective, I sure as hell can be a psychologist, motherfucker.

Don't worry. I'm pre-med. Or maybe it was pre-law....same thing.
So you are not only a fat fuck pig but a queer too! HAHAHA BTW I am originally from Ohio -- yes I know where Parsons street is faggot.

Tags
wn entrepreneurialism

Thread