VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 28th, 2018 #1
Ray Allan

Default 60th anniversary of Explorer 1, first US space satellite

Quote:
Published on February 1, 2016
Explorer 1 was launched on January 31, 1958 at 22:48 Eastern Time (equal to 03:48 UTC) atop the first Juno booster from LC-26 at the Cape Canaveral Missile Annex, Florida. It was the first spacecraft to detect the Van Allen radiation belt, returning data until its batteries were exhausted after nearly four months. It remained in orbit until 1970, and has been followed by more than 90 scientific spacecraft in the Explorer series.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old February 1st, 2018 #2
Ray Allan

Also on this day, January 31, 1961, Ham the chimp was launched aboard Mercury-Redstone 2 on a 16-minute suborbital flight preceding Alan Shepard's mission on May 5, 1961 to check out the Mercury spacecraft and the Redstone booster rocket's performance before a human was sent into space.

Old February 1st, 2018 #3
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Also on this day, January 31, 1961, Ham the chimp was launched aboard Mercury-Redstone 2 on a 16-minute suborbital flight preceding Alan Shepard's mission on May 5, 1961 to check out the Mercury spacecraft and the Redstone booster rocket's performance before a human was sent into space.

Ham, the Astro Chimp
My berfday is the same as Okrah Windbag, and Jan 31 is also Ham in space day, ha, I will now make this announcement yearly.

Okrah, first chimpess in chief perhaps (get me off the earth), and Ham, the first Afronaut.

I hope we start focusing more on Universe exploration matters than the Iran-Quatar-Turkey Pipeline wars for Jewish cha-ching.

Money for chimps in space is better spent than for Head Start, lol.

Old February 1st, 2018 #4
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
My berfday is the same as Okrah Windbag, and Jan 31 is also Ham in space day, ha, I will now make this announcement yearly.

Okrah, first chimpess in chief perhaps (get me off the earth), and Ham, the first Afronaut.

I hope we start focusing more on Universe exploration matters than the Iran-Quatar-Turkey Pipeline wars for Jewish cha-ching.

Money for chimps in space is better spent than for Head Start, lol.
Happy b-day, Emily!

I have the same birthday, June 21, as Nicole Kidman, but different year, she was born in '67. Nope, not Taylor Swift.

Old February 1st, 2018 #5
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Happy b-day, Emily!

I have the same birthday, June 21, as Nicole Kidman, but different year, she was born in '67. Nope, not Taylor Swift.
Thanks.

Looked up Ham and he died in 1983, age 26. That's young, they live around 50 years in the wild, 60 in captivity.

Thread