Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts


Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Loxist Culture > Music
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

View Poll Results: Should VNN Forum have a separate Lyrics/Poetry section?
Yes. 13 86.67%
No. 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

 
Thread Display Modes Share
Old July 3rd, 2008 #1
Mr. SlashN'Burn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up Proposed: Lyrics/Poetry Subforum.

The *ONLY* thing that I actually miss about Squirmfront is the Poetry forum, which I managed to contribute a bit to before getting banned in March of 2003.



I never understood why there wasn't one here, and I still don't. Just an oversight, perhaps?



The main thing that creeped me out about Squirmfront's was that the sorry-ass Satanists seemed to dominate it. One day, one of them actually posted a poem entitled, "To Our Mother In Darkness", I shit you not.



I didn't actually read it, but, for all I know, it could've been an ode to Hillary Clinton, which wouldn't surprise me, knowing how over-run with FEMROIDZ that site is. But, at any rate, for the poster to have even used that phrase was a dead give-away of the fact that they were a Satanist. (And I mean a real one, too. Not one of these phony-baloney Anton LaVey-types. [See Springmeier's BLOODLINES OF THE ILLUMINATI for further explanation.])



But I don't think we would have that problem here. And, even if some Satanist or femroid was to drop a little turd down the chimney, it would be quite easy for the mods to delete it.



So, anyway, who's with me?
 
Old July 3rd, 2008 #2
EireannGoddess
Member
 
EireannGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,979
Blog Entries: 5
EireannGoddess
Default

I am with you - Poetry and song are essential to the life and soul of any movement. But, since you mentioned "squirmfront" - we need someone as editor - perhaps yourself,

a lot of what was posted on that site was odd, such as the truly lame erotica/ love poems between one squirmfront matron and her much much younger cyber lover to whom she openly dedicated her "work", who was also a Member. - You probably remember that duo - We don't need that sort of thing -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. SlashN'Burn View Post
The *ONLY* thing that I actually miss about Squirmfront is the Poetry forum, which I managed to contribute a bit to before getting banned in March of 2003.



I never understood why there wasn't one here, and I still don't. Just an oversight, perhaps?



The main thing that creeped me out about Squirmfront's was that the sorry-ass Satanists seemed to dominate it. One day, one of them actually posted a poem entitled, "To Our Mother In Darkness", I shit you not.



I didn't actually read it, but, for all I know, it could've been an ode to Hillary Clinton, which wouldn't surprise me, knowing how over-run with FEMROIDZ that site is. But, at any rate, for the poster to have even used that phrase was a dead give-away of the fact that they were a Satanist. (And I mean a real one, too. Not one of these phony-baloney Anton LaVey-types. [See Springmeier's BLOODLINES OF THE ILLUMINATI for further explanation.])



But I don't think we would have that problem here. And, even if some Satanist or femroid was to drop a little turd down the chimney, it would be quite easy for the mods to delete it.



So, anyway, who's with me?

Last edited by EireannGoddess; July 3rd, 2008 at 03:09 AM.
 
Old July 3rd, 2008 #3
Sándor Petőfi
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In your head
Posts: 5,325
Thumbs down

Do we really need a forum for people to show off their embarrassing attempts at "poetry"?


Hell no.
 
Old July 3rd, 2008 #4
Richard H.
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right Here
Posts: 1,798
Default To Sandor and Slash

I have already made a thread dedicated to poetry; it's called "Poetry" (good or bad) and have written some pretty good ones of which some had won me awards when they were submitted to poetry contests in the past.

There are other posters who write well; and have good talent; maybe you're not interested because you have nothing to contribute, that's fine; but don't knock others because they care to share their talent with the remaining posters.
 
Old July 3rd, 2008 #5
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"
 
MikeTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: land of the Friedman, home of the Braverman
Posts: 13,329
MikeTodd
Default

Poetry and folk music are two art forms that if they cannot be done well should not be done at all as the results are typically embarrassing!LOL!
Think Rudyard Kipling as opposed to Rod McKuen
or Gordon Lightfoot as opposed to The New Christy Minstrels!
__________________
Worse than a million megaHitlers all smushed together.
 
Old July 3rd, 2008 #6
Sándor Petőfi
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In your head
Posts: 5,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
Poetry and folk music are two art forms that if they cannot be done well should not be done at all as the results are typically embarrassing!LOL!
Indeed.

If there has been any person since Ezra Pound whose scribbles deserved the appellation of poetry, please enlighten me.
 
Old July 5th, 2008 #7
Mr. SlashN'Burn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking It's Official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard H. View Post
I have already made a thread dedicated to poetry; it's called "Poetry" (good or bad) and have written some pretty good ones of which some had won me awards when they were submitted to poetry contests in the past.

There are other posters who write well; and have good talent; maybe you're not interested because you have nothing to contribute, that's fine; but don't knock others because they care to share their talent with the remaining posters.


No doubt about it, the world *IS* ending. Me and Richard The Homo just agreed on something.



I should've smelled old Lizard-Boy coming, though. He first "outed" himself as an elitist with this post. I was just too lazy to call him on it, so I saved it for today. And his name's "Sandor", too. A variant of Anton LaVey's middle name. Typical.



On the subject of Ezra Pound, though, here's a question for anyone who might be able to answer it: Was Ezra the kind of guy who might've affected a thick Irish accent during a recorded poetry reading, just for a laugh? It's supposed to be him doing "Moeurs Contemporaines" on The Caedmon Poetry Collection, but I'm not so sure it really is him, as the guy has a very thick Irish accent, and, since I read that Ezra was born in the state of Idaho, it seems hightly unlikely that that would be his natural voice.



I'm thinking it might actually be James Joyce, as it sounds a bit like him, but I'm not sure. At any rate, it's certainly possible, as there were some other misprints on that third CD. A lot of the tracks were out of order.



Any thoughts?
 
Old July 5th, 2008 #8
EireannGoddess
Member
 
EireannGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,979
Blog Entries: 5
EireannGoddess
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sándor Petőfi
Indeed.

If there has been any person since Ezra Pound whose scribbles deserved the appellation of poetry, please enlighten me.
idk, but I believe there's a few that we can manage to scrounge up that are at least as good as EP. I'll look up a few for you.
 
Reply

Share


Thread
Display Modes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.
Page generated in 0.12333 seconds.